Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Review of Dark and Light (DNL)

Kazzdude1Kazzdude1 Member UncommonPosts: 17

I saw some youtube videos of DNL which is what made me want to first play it. Many players said "oh well it sucks all u can do is run around." I downloaded it and played and yes this is true. If u want a crappy horrible fighting game this is definitly it. The combat is laggy and just doesnt look real and it takes forever. I faught one monster and it was like Starting Runescape and fighting some high lvl. It took nearly a minute and a half to kill it. So i changed my mind about fighitng on this game and explored further on. This game almost has no limit to exploration. I enjoy exploring games but doing it alone can get old quick. I decided to run in a straight line to see how far i could go for 30 minutes. I ran through some trees then over a couple of hills and came upon a beach. I swam across the beach (or lake not real sure) and this is wat annoyed me. I swam for nearly 20 minutes nonstop over a little lake. This game is VERY realistic and I may sound kind of picky here but it did take quite a bit of time. Occasionally a player would fly overhead in a hot air balloon and I would continue to swim. After this I logged onto the Offline version of the game. I tried to put it on highest graphics. It lagged me so hard that i got booted from the game. So i tried lower graphics and then it worked. Its pretty much the same as the online version. You do get to choose armor, weapons, and mounts on offline, but the fighting offline is laggier than the crap version of online!

After playing for about 30 minutes i logged of to find my computer desktop completely screwed up . All the icons were small and the mouse was also small. I had had enough and uninstalled DNL. I hope this helps you guys. It has nice graphics and an almost ending world of exploration. But the world is empty and the combat SUCKS. The graphics are a little glitchy too. While running, my players legs were going thru the shield on his back. If running nonstop with hardly meeting anyone is your kind of gaming experience, this game is for you. As for me... I would giv it a 2 out of 10

Realise the impotence of proof reading everything you publish

Comments

• DeaWelshDeaWelsh Member CommonPosts: 34

I enjoyed the game a great deal.  The problem is, you really need to utilize the quests and the transportation system to get around.   Dragons are the BEST, but new players don't play long enough I guess to get that far. 

I still get in from time to time.   I would love to see it continue.  Having one world, and not a group of a dozen different servers, is wonderful.  There was alot of good times there.  I don't think many people play anymore.  Just a handful of high levels, and alot of new players.   At least it's free.