Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A new mmo: Runes of Magic

2»

Comments

• fayerfayer Member Posts: 16

I'm playing Radiant Arcana at the moment, the Chinese Version of Runes of Magic, and i must say that this game is somekind different to the most f2p mmo's, especially because of the dual-class system, which i don't really understand because i don't understand chinese, but it contains many options to build your charakter up, thats what i love so much here =)

Kill everyone who don't know - They may like it :-D

• xxHOMiExxxxHOMiExx Member Posts: 3

• Tyres100Tyres100 Member Posts: 704
    Originally posted by Airspell

only pvp is duels ? fail

Hmm where is it say that? I must of missed it. If this is the case then I am turned off now against playing this. Having a game such as this that mimics WOW for the most part but not having a open PVP system is a big issue. Wonder why they would only have duels for PVP, if it is true.

Who let you in the VIP section?

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

I thought I saw something about Guild vs. Guild somewhere.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• I too have tried out Radiant Arcana (again, this is the Chinese version of Runes of Magic). While I also can't understand a word of Chinese, this game is VERY playable, with many quests, a crafting component, a vast territory (world), multiple NPCs who advance the storyline, pets, mounts, and a dual character system. I think it will be very addictive and fun once it's translated into English. Additionally, we have heard that the Euro/US developers can make changes for the English speaking market that may not be made for the Asian market. So, I think they will want alot of input as to the features that we want, such are more PVP for those who want it, perhaps even a server vs. server type of battle. It's definitely worth checking out and the closed beta is scheduled to begin soon, so grab your chairs, make your reservations and get ready to have some fun!!!! The IRC channel is also starting to build up, so you can join in there for more discussions.

>^^<

• lovechiefslovechiefs Member UncommonPosts: 157

I just registered for the beta,however for some reason I am unable to register on forums there.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by Tyres100

Originally posted by Airspell

only pvp is duels ? fail

Hmm where is it say that? I must of missed it. If this is the case then I am turned off now against playing this. Having a game such as this that mimics WOW for the most part but not having a open PVP system is a big issue. Wonder why they would only have duels for PVP, if it is true.

thats not true. there are more ways for pvp then duels. recently i read that there could be also a pvp server but its up to the community to decide if they want it or not.

• allanoreallanore Member Posts: 20

Looks interesting to me.

I signed up for the beta also.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* HP m9250f (Intel Quad Core 6700 / 4 Gig RAM / Nvidia 8600GT / Vista 64 Bit)

• cag1980cag1980 Member Posts: 78

This reminds ne a bit of Guildwars .  Have singed up for the beta so fingers crossed i get to help test it.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

here a very helpfull link for the ppl who understand german to the interview with the german community manager on GC in leipzig.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I just saw the two videos and simply cant believe it. The game is recycling almost everything from EQ/WoW/LOTRO. At first I thought it was some kind of bad joke.

I havent seen a single original idea, only the graphics look different and not even good at it (low detail). Im totally amazed that some people actually think there is something original in this game or that it isnt like EQ/WoW/LOTRO.

Grinding lvls, gearbased combat, again the same boring archetypes. They even copied the simplistic crafting system. I bet you even have to hunt resource nodes. Sack those devs pls.

• JamkullJamkull Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Originally posted by cag1980

This reminds ne a bit of Guildwars .  Have singed up for the beta so fingers crossed i get to help test it.

usually i can careless what people think as far as opinions because everyone has one... but this game has absolutely ZERO qualities of GW other than it's a fantasy MMORPG with pvp.

Can you change classes anytime you want? - no

Can you switch around your skills anytime you want? - no

does it have a really nice storyline with cutscenes? - not that i've seen.  It looks like ala Quest pez dispencer style of WoW.

is it based more on strategy rather than level grinding and gear farming? - no.

This game is nothing like GW.  if anything its just a WoW clone that is upgraded in some ways.

• PiasekPiasek Member Posts: 318
    Originally posted by someforumguy

I just saw the two videos and simply cant believe it. The game is recycling almost everything from EQ/WoW/LOTRO. At first I thought it was some kind of bad joke.
    I havent seen a single original idea, only the graphics look different and not even good at it (low detail). Im totally amazed that some people actually think there is something original in this game or that it isnt like EQ/WoW/LOTRO.
    Grinding lvls, gearbased combat, again the same boring archetypes. They even copied the simplistic crafting system. I bet you even have to hunt resource nodes. Sack those devs pls.

one simply reason to try Beta it will be F2P

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

This looks pretty good for a free mmo.

Sure, it copies, so what? If it turns out to be like WoW or GW then thats a good thing.

Combat did look a bit slow though. Bit weak characters poses during combat and slow pacing between attacks and spells.

• SailorCallieSailorCallie Member UncommonPosts: 54

Okay, here's the deal:

• I've signed up for the Beta
    • Account successfully activated, but is unable to go to the Beta Board
    • Searched high and low all over the game's website for the link that contains the download

So, where is the download link located?!