Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game any good?

xoblivionxxxoblivionxx Member CommonPosts: 77

Ok, i've heard alot about this game from my friends. Some of them say that this game is awesome, while others says it sucks. I would like to hear some of your opinions. If the response is good, i may want to buy this game. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Its not an MMO at all, if that's what you're looking for.  Shouldn't even be on this site!  I played through and beat the entire game in 1 sitting, less than a day!  A game coming form some of the Diablo team I expected much better, but its a severely watered down rinse and repeat diabloesque gear grind!  Get that and more levels then pick a harder difficulty and repeat again.

• xoblivionxxxoblivionxx Member CommonPosts: 77

lol...u made it sound so disgusting..=.= . Anyway, will take your opinion in consideration

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Just DL a torrent of it and try it or see if there is a trial before you spend money on it!  I always prefer testing a game before dropping money on them, if its possible!

i hate torrents...take waaaay too long

• ikyle620ikyle620 Member Posts: 41

I've played this game since beta. It isn't the best, but it has gotten better with time, and next patch brings a boatload of new features (that undoubtedly should have been available upon release, but better late than never). A few pointers:

The game isn't for everyone. The way that it is set up will bring in many Diablo 2 players, but the actual playstyle will turn many of those players away.

It is a horrible shitty MMO. Think of it as Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, on crack, with multiplayer capabilities.

Try it first. I believe there is a demo floating around online, but if you don't want to download, try a friends version (if they have it). Or you can put down $30 and pick one up. At most you'll lose 30. (Mind you, the demo is extremely old)

The game gets exponentially more enjoyable with each friend you're with. SO get your friends to play =P

On the main story -> someone above me posted that they completed the single player storymode (which is the same as multiplayer) within one sitting... and that is possible to do. However, the main story takes your character from level 1 to 30, (the cap is 50), and I played 18 hours in one sitting and got to 20. This was my fourth time getting to 20. Kinda makes me skeptical.

The main story sucks.

Thats about it. Basically, try it first.

Originally posted by ikyle620

I've played this game since beta. It isn't the best, but it has gotten better with time, and next patch brings a boatload of new features (that undoubtedly should have been available upon release, but better late than never). A few pointers:

The game isn't for everyone. The way that it is set up will bring in many Diablo 2 players, but the actual playstyle will turn many of those players away.

It is a horrible shitty MMO. Think of it as Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, on crack, with multiplayer capabilities.

Try it first. I believe there is a demo floating around online, but if you don't want to download, try a friends version (if they have it). Or you can put down $30 and pick one up. At most you'll lose 30. (Mind you, the demo is extremely old)

The game gets exponentially more enjoyable with each friend you're with. SO get your friends to play =P

On the main story -> someone above me posted that they completed the single player storymode (which is the same as multiplayer) within one sitting... and that is possible to do. However, the main story takes your character from level 1 to 30, (the cap is 50), and I played 18 hours in one sitting and got to 20. This was my fourth time getting to 20. Kinda makes me skeptical.

The main story sucks.

Thats about it. Basically, try it first.

I'll try to ask my friends if they have a copy, if not most probably i'll go download a demo. i'm not going to buy a game i won't like..=.=

• tgardner01tgardner01 Member UncommonPosts: 1

Originally posted by xoblivionxx

Ok, i've heard alot about this game from my friends. Some of them say that this game is awesome, while others says it sucks. I would like to hear some of your opinions. If the response is good, i may want to buy this game. Thanks in advance!

This game is an 'Action RPG', nothing 'massive' about...once you get past that, and accept the game for what it is: Updated version of Diablo 2, with great graphics and game dynamics...its a good time.  There are 'Station Areas' where players congregate, but team size is limited to 5.   If you join a guild, you'll always have someone to play with !

Many have written about launch and bugs, but 8 months later, with all the patches, the game is now stable and quite fun to play...if you like to hack and slash,  Run and Gun in a Action RPG environment, you'll have a good time !

PS: My first post and probably last, I usually don't post on forums but thought I would give my 2 cents worth on a game I am having a great time playing !

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

I wouldn't recommend it. I got very bored after several hours of the single player.  The game is set in a bleak futuristic landscape and so is the environment in the game, everything looks pretty much the same or is the same.  There is not much in the way of a story, something you would expect from people who worked on Diablo.  Hack n Slash Diablo boring gameplay brought into full 3d. 

• randomuser83randomuser83 Member Posts: 37

This game had good intentions but failed in execution. There are different classes but the stradegys behind them are all the same. It will get boring as you play on.

k thx. looks like i won't get it after all.