Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Just re-subbed - Game feels great!

nethervoidnethervoid xanex, CAPosts: 528Member

I played this game in closed beta, and it just stank up to high heaven.  I quit.

I bought the game after release, really hoping it would be the game I had hoped.  It still sucked.  I quit.

So you would think I would have let the dust grow on the box for all eternity...but third time seems to be the charm.

I just re-subbed for my third try of Vanguard, and I have to say I'm loving the game.  The playability has gone up quite a bit, but more importantly I think Vanguard is one of those games that's an aquired taste, like stout beer or something.  I'm having loads of fun with exploring, quests, and the amazing views you get, especially when you're high up on a mountain top to kill a sorcerer gone awry.  You take a second to look down at the valley, and you can litterally see for miles!  It's something I've never seen in any other game.

One of the coolest things in the game are the storm fronts and how the sun reflects off of the sides of the clouds that face it.  The sunrises and sunsets are breathtaking as well.  The dungeons, the two or three I've seen so far, are pretty cool.  Nothing award winning yet, but hey they're the newb dungeons.  The higher you go, the better they get.  I've heard as much and seen the screenies.  Best part?  You meet other groups in the dungeons you go in!

Healers can solo and deal damage!  Who'd have thought!  Rock on.  My cleric is a blast!

If you were thinking about maybe popping back to check things out, the game is fun if you've got some patience to slow down a bit (which is why I think it didn't work my second time - I was way too impatient).  It's not a grind-to-the-top like so many other games right now.  You really have to take time and look around - go find all the content out there.  In fact, if you try and do all the quests you'll outlevel the content before you can do it all!

Yes there are still some bugs.  They're livable for now.  The game is fun even if sometimes the dead mob still looks like it's standing there alive.  lol

Anyway I'm having a lot of fun exploring and doing quests, seeing new places, and not being in a hurry with leveling.  It feels like old EQ in that regard.  The community is also amazing, and the chat is a lot of fun, again like old EQ.  =)

One thing that can be a problem at times is finding newbs to do dungeons with, but not too bad.  Just put yourself in the LFG queue and explore and quest.  I've done all the group stuff I've wanted to so far.

I hope they get the free trial island up soon.  I think people would really be amazed at this game.

If you do plan on checking it out (again), try Seradon for PvE.  It's the most populated server.

nethervoid - Est. '97
[UO|EQ|SB|SWG|PS|HZ|EVE|NWN|WoW|VG|DF|SWTOR]
13k subs YouTube Gaming channel

Comments

• Branko2307Branko2307 PancevoPosts: 254Member Uncommon

Welcome back to Telon, enjoy it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• summitussummitus TimbuktuPosts: 1,414Member

I played Vanguard at launch and stopped because of all the Bugs, During some AoC downtime I was a little bored and as Vanguard is part of my Station pass I thought I'd give it another shot ......... What can I say its now a totally different game than it was at launch !

The scary thing is I hav'nt been able to drag myself away and go back to Conan !!! its really that good now.

I urge everyone to give Vanguard another go I think most people will be blown away at the difference in it now.

Just to add with my spanky new 8800 Gt Graphics card ( which I got for Conan ) its looks stunning with everything running smoothly on high settings ! Well done SOE for fixing this game so well .

• nethervoidnethervoid xanex, CAPosts: 528Member
    Originally posted by summitus

Well done SOE for fixing this game so well .

I bet you never would have thought you'd have had SOE in a sentence like that huh?  lol  >D  Me either.

nethervoid - Est. '97
    [UO|EQ|SB|SWG|PS|HZ|EVE|NWN|WoW|VG|DF|SWTOR]
    13k subs YouTube Gaming channel

• summitussummitus TimbuktuPosts: 1,414Member
    Originally posted by nethervoid

Originally posted by summitus

Well done SOE for fixing this game so well .

I bet you never would have thought you'd have had SOE in a sentence like that huh?  lol  >D  Me either.

Too true especially after the SWG fiasco !