Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the end game like?

AbdiellAbdiell Member UncommonPosts: 102

I'm thinking of trying this game, but I play MMO's for end game, and I can't find much info on it.

What is the end game like in MxO?

Comments

• FickeyFickey Member Posts: 33

Well it depends on what you consider the end game....

You could level your character all the way up to level 50 by doing the missions and what not but still after you reach 50 there are other small things that you can do to keep your interest in the game.

As for the story there is no end game to that. Between the work that one dev does for the live events and with the help of the Live Events Special Interest Group they will always move on with the story.

If you are interesting in a trial key get with me and I can provide you with one. Hope this helped :)

• AbdiellAbdiell Member UncommonPosts: 102

What I was thinkg of is more along the lines of traditional mmo endgame.

I take it from your answer that raiding in the WoW, Everquest, etc sense is not part of this game?

How is the/is there any endgame pvp?

• FickeyFickey Member Posts: 33

The Archive Constructs, Live Events (progressing the story alongside the movie characters), Assassin Quest, Data Mining, and Elite Commando Quest, alongside the pre-existing neighborhood exploration quests and Pandora's Box system all allow for a considerable amount of end-game content.

For PVP any of the constructs offer PVP against the other originations and in the data mine construct you are thrown into a free for all area.

There's literally months worth of material to keep you busy... and if you have a hard time finding something to bide your time with, I promise you, you're just not looking hard enough.  This is "The Matrix" we're speaking of, after all...

• freiheitfreiheit Member Posts: 264

Originally posted by Fickey

The Archive Constructs, Live Events (progressing the story alongside the movie characters), Assassin Quest, Data Mining, and Elite Commando Quest, alongside the pre-existing neighborhood exploration quests and Pandora's Box system all allow for a considerable amount of end-game content.

For PVP any of the constructs offer PVP against the other originations and in the data mine construct you are thrown into a free for all area.

There's literally months worth of material to keep you busy... and if you have a hard time finding something to bide your time with, I promise you, you're just not looking hard enough.  This is "The Matrix" we're speaking of, after all...

Nice job keeping this vague. Being too specific might actually reveal the fact that you're prtesenting things as "end game" which are not by any stretch of the imagination.

• MasterPain55MasterPain55 Member Posts: 257

Originally posted by Abdiell

I'm thinking of trying this game, but I play MMO's for end game, and I can't find much info on it.
    What is the end game like in MxO?

End Game LOL........ There's an End Game in TMO, lol sure

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Now after reading your 'interesting' answer to his question can you now post the non cryptic version of the answer to his question please?

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• CollbardCollbard Member Posts: 2

There are several quests that are available as end game content (the result of most of these quests being items only usable by level 50 characters) that require teamwork and some time to complete.  These include the Elite Commando quest, the Pandora's Box quest, the Assassin Collector, and a few others that I can't think of right now.  There are a couple of constructs that you can enter for end-game content as well including Zero One, a pvp construct for organization vs. organization combat, and Datamine, an FFAPVP construct.  Aside from the constructs, in MegaCity, PVP is most available to level 50 characters.  On the Vector server, pvp is always active but on the Syntax and Recursion servers pvp in the city doesn't usually start till at or near level 50  (pvp is available at any time and for pvp against players your level the best place to go are the constructs devoted to specific level ranges.

Another reason players strive to hit 50 is for Live Events which occur on a daily basis (week day that is).  While players of any level are encouraged to participate, most events center around PVP and are best experienced by level 50 characters.

Originally posted by Collbard

There are several quests that are available as end game content (the result of most of these quests being items only usable by level 50 characters) that require teamwork and some time to complete.  These include the Elite Commando quest, the Pandora's Box quest, the Assassin Collector, and a few others that I can't think of right now.  There are a couple of constructs that you can enter for end-game content as well including Zero One, a pvp construct for organization vs. organization combat, and Datamine, an FFAPVP construct.  Aside from the constructs, in MegaCity, PVP is most available to level 50 characters.  On the Vector server, pvp is always active but on the Syntax and Recursion servers pvp in the city doesn't usually start till at or near level 50  (pvp is available at any time and for pvp against players your level the best place to go are the constructs devoted to specific level ranges.
    Another reason players strive to hit 50 is for Live Events which occur on a daily basis (week day that is).  While players of any level are encouraged to participate, most events center around PVP and are best experienced by level 50 characters.

Nothing mentioned here even remotely qualifies and common knowledge MMO end game.  The term live events is also extremely misleading, a few people meeting up to chit chat isn't exactly an event.  Maybe call them roleplay gatherings? 

Originally posted by HYPERI0N

Now after reading your 'interesting' answer to his question can you now post the non cryptic version of the answer to his question please?

They can't be specific because they're not being truthful. It's a shame.

• CollbardCollbard Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by freiheit

Nothing mentioned here even remotely qualifies and common knowledge MMO end game.  The term live events is also extremely misleading, a few people meeting up to chit chat isn't exactly an event.  Maybe call them roleplay gatherings? 

Must we do this?  Firstly, your first sentence doesn't make sense.  I guess what you meant is that what I mentioned doesn't qualify as common mmo end game.  If that is what you meant, then I guess this game isn't like common mmo games.  Whatever floats your boat.  Second, the live events usually involve an organization meeting, org pvp, and/or players facing large spawns.  The live events also progress the storyline; if you don't care about the storyline of the game then you won't find this game entertaining at all.  Instead of us arguing, anyone can check out the Live Events forum themselves and view summaries of the events: http://forums.station.sony.com/mxo/forums/show.m?forum_id=350

• RVallantRVallant Member UncommonPosts: 66

Originally posted by freiheit

Must we do this?  Firstly, your first sentence doesn't make sense.  I guess what you meant is that what I mentioned doesn't qualify as common mmo end game.  If that is what you meant, then I guess this game isn't like common mmo games.  Whatever floats your boat.  Second, the live events usually involve an organization meeting, org pvp, and/or players facing large spawns.  The live events also progress the storyline; if you don't care about the storyline of the game then you won't find this game entertaining at all.  Instead of us arguing, anyone can check out the Live Events forum themselves and view summaries of the events: http://forums.station.sony.com/mxo/forums/show.m?forum_id=350

I'm sorry but for all intents and purposes, end game is pretty much zilch in MxO especially in comparision with other MMO's.

In addition the whole Live Events-progressive storyline is one of the things that killed the game, anyone dropping in from this point forwards for example is going to be dropped into the middle of the story which, has to be read up prior to joining or by doing Archival missions (which, originally they didn't even have!) And since the storyline is classed under these time-specific events and only certain missions, if you can't make those events you're screwed. Sure you have some of the missions to get to, but they are only two or three unique missions compared to the rest on offer at the time (excluding of course, archival missions. In short you're getting 1-3 unique storyline missions per subchapter.)

So what's available in the game beside the non-unique-mission system? Constructs, PVP areas, area quests which, scale to your level and the odd collector and yet such a massive game-world. In short those things aren't much to go on and recent additions et al certainly haven't expanded the game per se, personally, as I said just then, I feel it's their "unique-live-events-progressive-storyline" that holds the game back. A static interactive story from start-finish expanded on every two-three weeks would have been a much better way of allowing people to drop in at anytime. Plus they missed the boat with such a unique game by putting nothing unique into it =/

Bleh >_> Yeah MxO made my heart bleed...

• AbdiellAbdiell Member UncommonPosts: 102

I finally got around to playing this, and I got no where near the "end game" before ditching it.

This game has serious potential, and I don't think I've been pained more by an mmo not living up to potential than I have been by MxO. The combat system makes the carebear wow combat system look complicated. I could never play a game where I hit a button and watch my toon make a series of actions which don't seem related. Stay at range and shoot a mob while another mob, standing almost on top your target does nothing. Often your target just stands there and lets slowly widdle his life down. Basically, the combat system is garbage.

I couldn't get past this and only lasted a few hours before i gave up out of boredom. The Matrix is tailor made for mmo glory, but SoE failed to realize the potential in yet another game.

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

So after all that you failed to answer his question...

I'll do it for you, there is no end game. 

Tecmo Bowl.

• musicman2000musicman2000 Member Posts: 91

End game has a different meaning to many people -- I feel the person being criticized actually did a good job explaining what the *end game* in MxO is.    Sounds totally different from what the OP was asking which is the answer.    Clearly there isn't the traditional guild forming up raids of however many people to go in to a zone to earn gear to compare to other guilds and see who's better like in EQ/WoW -- look we're first to kill such and such aren't we wonderful?   That's clear in the answer that it's not in the game but why does end game have to be limited to that?

• Synapze777Synapze777 Member Posts: 5

IF end game means farming for items of power killing a level insane with a raid team of 40 people then need rolling for the item drop and doing it all over again next weekend for guild glory... then no... then there is no end game in MxO.

IF end game means helping out your lower levels guild mates in getting gear, doing some archive missions for some special gear (like agent glasses or an agent suit with a tie pin) or farming some nasty npcs for drops to get other good gear for, then there's plently of endgame in this game.

As a matter of fact the live events just got cancelled by the very fact that was brought up here by a poster - that you drop into the middle of the storyline without knowing up or down- hm, not a move I in particular like but I guess it makes sense in a way - all the stuff about what's going down in the game will remain available as missions in various areas of the city  - so in essence it's a live event spawn to farm in different areas of the city that is hard to kill and most often will need a team for the drop they deliver, end game enough for ya?

The game is about to change... my hopes that it'll be done right this time around. As for the combat system... it's Interlocked and you either like it or not, simple as that.