Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA Mythic and Blizzard are the only truly quality mmo gaming companies out there

SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

They're the only two MMO gaming companies that I have complete faith in to turn out a quality product.

You heard it right here:  WAR is going to become the new King of the Hill of MMO games down the road.  I predict that WoW has seen its' peak in subscribers and will start to decline while WAR will steadily rise.  They will eventually meet in the middle and be tied as the two biggest MMOs (45% each of the total market while everybody else shares the 10%).

The only thing that will be able to challenge WAR in the future is if Blizzard decides to go old school and create a COMPLETELY Instanced free MMO with 0 lag  (since WAR still has instances.. although, their open field pvp will still kick some butt).

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

True but you left out Square-Enix!  Final Fantasy XI is extremely successful, and their next MMO is in the works...although no info besides we're working on it has been mentioned...doh

• bachanambachanam Member Posts: 335

Blizzard i definately agree with, but EA Mythic i dont know too much about thier MMO history *avoided ea games... ... closed MCO and made me play sims:online....* What exactly does EA Mythic have under their belt that is a huge success in the pay2play MMO market?

"Sometimes, things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are basically good. Honor, courage, virtue mean everything. Power and money, money and power mean nothing. Good always triumphs over evil. Love, True Love Never Dies."
    Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

• DeadlyMageDeadlyMage Member Posts: 543

NCSOFT is a quality name

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Originally posted by bachanam

Blizzard i definately agree with, but EA Mythic i dont know too much about thier MMO history *avoided ea games... ... closed MCO and made me play sims:online....* What exactly does EA Mythic have under their belt that is a huge success in the pay2play MMO market?

Two words:  DaoC endgame.  They invented the term RvR (Realm vs. Realm) and they're the only company that has gotten Keep warfare and open field warfare right.

• tool089tool089 Member UncommonPosts: 72

All you did was name the companies of some games that you liked, not actually successful games..  Blizzard and NCsoft made quality MMOs. No questions asked.

• KaltesHerzKaltesHerz Member Posts: 237

That's like saying Microsoft is the only company that can produce quality products. Or that the Dallas Cowboys are the only ones that can win superbowls.

Other companies can, and have done better. (subscriptions doesn't mean quality, look at windows as a good example)

Subscription numbers, yes WoW has a metric shit ton of subscribers, but I think the game sucks. I did play it, I played for a long time. I played it because it was simple, it was easy, and there was nothing else to do at the time because I had a craptastic computer which brings me to my next point of that WoW will run on nearly anything. That's what I hate about the game, it's the trailer park trash of games.(other than the fact it runs on anything, that's a good thing.) Stupidly simple.

I hate anything branded EA. I hate the fact that if they run across competition the first thing they do is "acquire" them and/or destroy them. They destroyed Westwood when they acquired them, the Command and Conquer series used to be something I looked forward to. I can honestly say that their is a distinct difference in quality in Westwood games since EA got their stranglehold on them. I could go on but the fanbois will flame me just for having a difference of opinion.

Enjoy.

Want a taste of religion? Lick a witch.

• tool089tool089 Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by Satarious

Two words:  DaoC endgame.  They invented the term RvR (Realm vs. Realm) and they're the only company that has gotten Keep warfare and open field warfare right.

Don't think that's two words.  That's an acronym and a word or five words.  Also, RvR isn't that special, and nothing can beat Ultima Online's pvp, not even your precious Keep Warfare.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

I do (did) enjoy both Blizzard and Mythic (EA only joined recently) games, WoW and DAoC. But I also like EVE and CCP, and CoH/CoV which is Cryptic Studios. Blizz and Mythic are at the top in my opinion but I think they're not the only true quality ones.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

Originally posted by tool089

All you did was name the companies of some games that you liked, not actually successful games..  Blizzard and NCsoft made quality MMOs. No questions asked.

Puhleeze!  NCSOFT?!  Lineage II ring a bell?  Complete and utter piece of trash and one of the biggest flops at that.  NCSOFT is no different from Funcom, as far as I'm concerned.

No.  I've played every mmo out there and I can safely say that Mythic and Blizzard are the best at what they do.

• screwBOZscrewBOZ Member Posts: 33

Well i will say that both Blizzard and EA have the money to push quality MMOs, the question I have about WoW, since its out and WAR isn't, is where is all the content for WoW if they have so much money...I know im gonna be hit with BC and Sunwell and then WotLK, but for being the king I feel there should be more

• DeadlyMageDeadlyMage Member Posts: 543

Puhleeze!  NCSOFT?!  Lineage II ring a bell?  Complete and utter piece of trash and one of the biggest flops at that.  NCSOFT is no different from Funcom, as far as I'm concerned.

No.  I've played every mmo out there and I can safely say that Mythic and Blizzard are the best at what they do.

L2 is no way a flop

it has 2 million subs

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

Don't think that's two words.  That's an acronym and a word or five words.  Also, RvR isn't that special, and nothing can beat Ultima Online's pvp, not even your precious Keep Warfare.

lol... +1 for you!

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

No arguements with Blizzard being able to make good games but Mythic ? RVR wasn't that great and the game DAOC was average at best. WAR will be a pvp based game that will not appeal to the general masses.

Originally posted by Ascension08

I do (did) enjoy both Blizzard and Mythic (EA only joined recently) games, WoW and DAoC. 

Granted.  But EA is only the marketing muscle.  They have no involvement with the creative process other than lending their own talent to it.  It's the perfect combination, if you ask me.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Originally posted by Ascension08

I do (did) enjoy both Blizzard and Mythic (EA only joined recently) games, WoW and DAoC. 

Granted.  But EA is only the marketing muscle.  They have no involvement with the creative process other than lending their own talent to it.  It's the perfect combination, if you ask me.

Yes, that's why people who are worried about EA's involvement with WAR shouldn't be. Also, they've had a change of CEO.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

Originally posted by SaintViktor

No arguements with Blizzard being able to make good games but Mythic ? RVR wasn't that great and the game DAOC was average at best. WAR will be a pvp based game that will not appeal to the general masses.

That's your opinion about the RvR and I can safely say that you're in the minority right there.  As for "WAR only being pvp", nothing can be further from the truth.  I have it on authority that their pve is at least as good as WoW's right now AND it contributes to the overall war.  You don't see that in WoW.

• ClyptsoClyptso Member Posts: 147

They're the only two MMO gaming companies that I have complete faith in to turn out a quality product.
    You heard it right here:  WAR is going to become the new King of the Hill of MMO games down the road.  I predict that WoW has seen its' peak in subscribers and will start to decline while WAR will steadily rise.  They will eventually meet in the middle and be tied as the two biggest MMOs (45% each of the total market while everybody else shares the 10%).
    The only thing that will be able to challenge WAR in the future is if Blizzard decides to go old school and create a COMPLETELY Instanced free MMO with 0 lag  (since WAR still has instances.. although, their open field pvp will still kick some butt).
    Companies are good until they release one bad MMO.

Blizzard has what WOW and was based off one of their besting selling RTS? They have another MMO planned so hopefully be just as good as WOW even though i never got into WOW its still a good game.

Mythic has DAOC which really wasn't as popular as I would hope was still good. RVR does own. WAR will hopefully be more popular and RVR funner.

SOE had Everquest and people loved it. They release SWG which sucked people lose faith. Microsoft droppped Vangaurd after rushing it and SOE picked it up and wasn't that good at launch. Everquest 2 was actually ok game. People just love to hate SOE but if SOE ever makes another really awesome MMO people will break down and buy it. Any other MMOS SOE released i never tried.

NC Soft spits out more MMOs than SOE. SOme could be good I don't really know only play COH?COV really from them. It was ok.

Bioware has a MMO coming out too not much info at all so don't really know if it  even looks good. They make good RPGS so we can hope.

Blizzards next MMO and Biowares MMO are the 2 MMOs after WAR that really interest me. No other MMOS in 2008 really interest me besides WAR.

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

That's your opinion about the RvR and I can safely say that you're in the minority right there.  As for "WAR only being pvp", nothing can be further from the truth.  I have it on authority that their pve is at least as good as WoW's right now AND it contributes to the overall war.  You don't see that in WoW.

That's right.  All this rhetoric here are just opinions.  His, yours, mine, ours.  Opinions, nothing more, nothing less.  His hold no more weight than yours.  But when you start spouting off and using phrases like "you're in the minority" and "I have it on authority" to get your opinion across as gospel, then you just look ridiculous.

And by the way anyone who uses the phrase "I have it on authority"...  Usually doesn't.

Originally posted by EbonHawk

That's right.  All this rhetoric here are just opinions.   

And by the way anyone who uses the phrase "I have it on authority"...  Usually doesn't.

Hey, I couldn't care less if you believe me or not.  The only way I could prove it 100% is if I broke NDA.  And since I'm not about to do that,  you can believe what you want.  But I'm going to continue to announce that I "have it on authority" since I KNOW that I have it on authority no matter how much it annoys people like you.

• TheSheikhTheSheikh Member Posts: 804

I do not necessarily like Blizzard but they are a Quality company.

I wouldn't narrow the list down to Mythic and Blizzard, though. For example Cryptic w/ CoX, Turbine w/ LoTRO, NCSoft w/ Lineage II, SOE (to an extent) w/ Planetside, and Flying Labs Software w/ PotBS.

A quality company is not determined by the number of copies they sell, but rather how they present themselves as well as handle the issues placed before them. Some companies are motivated by the idea of creating a great gaming experience, while others are driven solely by the though of our $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $.

Of course everyone is entitled to thier own opinion of a good company.

STOP WHINING!

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346

NCsoft is good company looking forward on trying Aion and GW2....also waiting for Bioware MMO hoping to be Baldur's Gate or Planescape: Torment :]] , SOE also very few nice games to offer and i am curently playing Vanguard.

I am in Warhammer beta and i can say that the game is ok and will have alot of subs IMO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• TheSheikhTheSheikh Member Posts: 804

Forgot to list Bioware, they are a respectful company as well.

STOP WHINING!

• graillgraill Member Posts: 257

i am biased toward WOW, and not afraid to post my mind about it. French owned,  upper management ran by the french, the original blizzard north crew a memory because of this, has left a sour outlook in anything blizzard does. As more and more mmo's come out WOW does one thing after another to keep its customers and that thing is Monty Hall it.

the things people bitched about but never got suddenly appeared, gear, gold, mounts, etc. Some call WOW the world of "daily" craft now, a monicker some hate, but true none the less.

Quality? i wouldnt go that far, its more giving into pressures from alot of the new and interesting mmo's that are forcing "quality", and trying to hold onto subs, at least thats what i see.

no comment on EA mythic.

can you smell that?!!...............there is nothing quite like it.....................the smell of troll in the morning............i love that smell.

• AlienShirtAlienShirt Member UncommonPosts: 621

I am sure many will disagree but I still believe Turbine needs to be included as a quality mmo gaming company.

• davvindavvin Member UncommonPosts: 154

you must be joking, while i have tried Lineage II and decided it wasn't my style and wasn't for me, you cannot argue the fact that Lineage I & II were some of the most successful MMORPG's of their time.