Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Miasma question

I'm having difficulty with one of my Mastermind's Dark Miasma powers. Twilight Grasp, the debuff and heal. I have it slotted with some accuracy to help it hit more often, but the healing of my minions seems totally random. When it lands it always heals my character, but it only seems to heal my minions1/4th of the time. Do I need to be standing within a particular distance or something to make it heal more often? I don't totally understand the mechanics of the power.

Comments

• AmarsirAmarsir Member UncommonPosts: 703

Sounds like you've almost got it figured out.

The power siphons energy off the target, sends it back to you, and heals all allies within about 15 feet of you. Since you are always within 15 feet of you, it will of course always heal you. Your pets (or teammates) need to be nearby when you activate the power to get the benefit.

Since you have (or will get) Shadowfall, which also requires a tight radius, I'd suggest you try to get the hang of positioning yourself and your pets in the optimal area. I have a dark miasma defender and she bounces all over the place trying to get people healed when they aren't grouped well. With pets, you'll have to figure out the right balance of keeping them close to heal, or sending them to go melee fight (but possibly dying).

Currently playing:
    DC Universe
    Planetside 2
    Magic Online
    Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.

• Sanctus_MorsSanctus_Mors Member Posts: 597

If you target your pet, it will automatically target the mob that the pet is targeting. This is a nice boon for melee pets as it will target the one the pet is attacking, thus healing any pet, team member and minion around the enemy.

The auto assist works both ways. Target an enemy, cast a heal on the enemy and it will cast on the target of the enemy, thus healing the team mate, minion or pet.

your arguement is so persuasive, so filled with knowledge and insight. You back up your argument very articulately, with suggestions of improvements and raising examples to glorify your position....oh wait, you didn't

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810
    Having just returned to game after a long absence, it definitely looks like there has been a nerf to this power.  It used to heal around the enemy you target and around you, now I just heals around you. Furthermore the range is very small now, definitely not 15’ anymore.   10’ at most possibly only 5’, you need to be practically beside something you want to heal.