Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SHOULD I OR SHOULD I NOT PLAY THIS GAME?!

2»

Comments

• shhwolf17shhwolf17 Member Posts: 146

I hate it when people say "should I or not???"  It doesn't hurt to spend at least a hour dling it then trying it out yourself.  I mean no one but yourself can actually justify whether a game is worth playing...

I say go and try it out and see for yourself....*scratches head upon humanity's thinking*

• AkashaGunnAkashaGunn Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by rcarey

Nowadays its next to impossible to play ANY mmo that doesnt have gold spammers. One of the most annoying things is when the chat log in a game is swarmed with messages like "1000 gold for $19.99 @ www.xxxxxxxxx.com" over and over and over again. It gets old real quick. Good music is definately a plus, though. Besides all that, community is a large part of any mmo. Teaming up with other people to complete quests and beat bosses is key(for the most part). However, if the game itself is good enough yet the community is largely immature players arguing and making fun of newer players by calling them "n00bz" and not helping them when needed, i will still play. If thats the case then i just pay no attention to other players and do my own thing.
    Dont get me wrong, sometimes it gets boring and frustrating doing super hard quests alone but if thats what it takes to enjoy the game content then i suck it up and play.  This route isnt for everyone but it works for me. After a while i'll quit the game and move on to a different one i guess.
    Thank you for the heads up on what to expect in Fiesta, crunchyblack. Its good to know what im getting in to.

The nice thing is now you have the option to block the gold spammers and you can turn them in on the help page of outspark. :)

And thats IF i decide to download :)

Kristina Linger
    AkashaGunn lvl 92 Cleric
    Epith server

Originally posted by AkashaGunn

Nowadays its next to impossible to play ANY mmo that doesnt have gold spammers. One of the most annoying things is when the chat log in a game is swarmed with messages like "1000 gold for $19.99 @ www.xxxxxxxxx.com" over and over and over again. It gets old real quick. Good music is definately a plus, though. Besides all that, community is a large part of any mmo. Teaming up with other people to complete quests and beat bosses is key(for the most part). However, if the game itself is good enough yet the community is largely immature players arguing and making fun of newer players by calling them "n00bz" and not helping them when needed, i will still play. If thats the case then i just pay no attention to other players and do my own thing.
    Dont get me wrong, sometimes it gets boring and frustrating doing super hard quests alone but if thats what it takes to enjoy the game content then i suck it up and play.  This route isnt for everyone but it works for me. After a while i'll quit the game and move on to a different one i guess.
    Thank you for the heads up on what to expect in Fiesta, crunchyblack. Its good to know what im getting in to.

The nice thing is now you have the option to block the gold spammers and you can turn them in on the help page of outspark. :)

And thats IF i decide to download :)

They have been taking out a lot of the spammers now and most of the glitches are fixed. Yes it does take some time to fix it but the programmers have to go through several thousand lines of code to find the one that is screwing up. Its not the programmers fault. Yes when they do have glitches sometimes it can be funny like seeing dungeon goblin in a high level area like Temple Of Spirit. But most who play Fiesta love it. I have been playing for almost 2 years now and just enjoy being with my friends when I dont feel like grinding or leveling.

Kristina Linger
    AkashaGunn lvl 92 Cleric
    Epith server

• thisismynickthisismynick Member Posts: 2

If you are ready to spend money, and a descent amount of it, then Fiesta is for you. If not, then good luck in searching for a different game.

Originally posted by thisismynick

If you are ready to spend money, and a descent amount of it, then Fiesta is for you. If not, then good luck in searching for a different game.

Thats not  really true, why do you think you need money to play Fiesta, its free to download and play. You only spend money IF you want to. No one is making you; the entire year and a half that I have played so far and I havent had to spend any money on the or in the game at all and I am a 91st. level Cleric. But you have the right to your opinion.

Kristina Linger
    AkashaGunn lvl 92 Cleric
    Epith server

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by crunchyblack

well i wont tell you to play or not to play, but here is what you can expect from fiesta:
    really colorful graphics
    tons of immature players
    lots of grinding
    decent music
    no good end game or decent pvp
    lots of botters and players who buy gold from the farmers

Right so it's just Another Asian Bobblehead game.

• qweasd170qweasd170 Member Posts: 31

Hardcore Mexicans lol.

The most you could expect out of this game is what you see in just about every other "Free" Asian Grinder  MMORPG.

• thisismynickthisismynick Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by AkashaGunn

Originally posted by thisismynick

Thats not  really true, why do you think you need money to play Fiesta, its free to download and play. You only spend money IF you want to. No one is making you; the entire year and a half that I have played so far and I havent had to spend any money on the or in the game at all and I am a 91st. level Cleric. But you have the right to your opinion.

Bullcrap.

If you're not going to but items from cash-shop you can forget about:

PvP. Killing a player that has cash-shop items is impossible.

Kingdom Quest where you need to kill other people and at the end if you will be in top 3 u will receive unique item. Again, killing people who buy cash-shop items is impossible.

Enchanting weapon/armor to +9. Without cash-shop items it's impossible.

When you reach level 7x farming without exp boos cards is nearly impossible.

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599
    Originally posted by lndianaJane

Hello,
    I don't suggest you to play at this game, community is bad and staff even worse.
    Look at this photobucket: s1017.photobucket.com/albums/af299/LadylVlarian/
    And these are only some of the insults you get when you play at this game..
    And my friend here, was permabanned after all the insults she got.

Training mobs on other players that are afk (resting in a mushroom house) and thus killing them is not allowed and doing it repeatedly will result in a ban eventually.

Whats so difficult to understand?

Sorry if I seemed harsh and I want to add that I have tried this game on three occasions iirc and the last time I played as a newbie doing the first Kings Quest.

These are instanced raids with up to 15 people but you don't get to be in one whole raid party instead you can get invited to player groups of at most 6 people iirc and its only the group that gets the last hit that gets the kill.

I was tanking the boss in a group of 3 people in total.

I did all the hard work but I didn't get the credit and quest reward for that because one of the other groups got the last hit on the boss and thus got credited for the kill.

This just pissed me off immensely and I just logged off and uninstalled the game.

If your game has raids then make it automatically one big raid party so that no one gets left out.

Because of this I say: avoid this game you are just gonna feel pissed off doing Kings Quest unless you are in with a whole bunch of friends who will make a group with you and screwing over the other 9 people or so doing the Kings Quest who will never get the the credit for killing the boss and thus getting the quest reward.

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• VelontiVelonti Member Posts: 3

I've played Fiesta since the day it came out of CBT. If you like playing, or can atleast stand playing, with a lot of discriminating, annoying, and immature people then this game will be fine to play. The leveling system is relatively simple and becomes severly complicated after level 70. I agree with some of the previous post that say if you are capable of spending about $100 a month on Leveling Packs, this game will be very easy for you to conquer. If you do decide to play this game be aware the admin of Outspark do take in account things that happen and will give you a response if there is something wrong. However, in-game wise, they are virtually useless. Another thing that can be a turn-off to this game is the currency imbalance. Capped Enchanted Weapons, or +9/+10, will cost you about 10 gold at level 50. Unless you are, again, capable of spending your money to make your own, this game will be incredibly complicated for you.

• windrider07windrider07 Member Posts: 50

See, here's the thing:

People complain so much about the game and yet they never do anything to help fix it.

Here's the typical process an average player takes on:

GM: New patch coming out!

PLayer: The patch is bugged!

GM: *busy doing stuff and no response*

Player: *starts cursing randomly*

Other Player: Calm down, be patient :)

Player: Outspark SUCKS! *rambles away*

That's basically how it goes.  I find it rather amusing.  Outspark's forums, in my opinion, aren't necessarily the ONLY place where you can post up feedback.  I would think most players would go to other Fiesta-related sites and post up feedback.  If the GMs don't pay attention to their own forums, you can always post on forums they have no control over and I'm sure the staff of other fansites will contact Outspark directly and say "hey, something's wrong...we got feedback...please fix it"

In the end, it's up to Outspark and OnsonSoft on how things will be fixed.  The game isn't perfect.  If you want to have more vents, instead of bugging the GMs about it, why don't players make events themselves?  A game is run by the community.  Most people will say "all the company cares about is money.  f*** them!" The truth is this...without money, there is no game to play.  WHere do you think the money comes from? The players of course.  So why do the players complain about it if they are the ones paying for stuff?  Paying for item releases that they complain about....kind of ironic.  A gaming community is controlled by the community.  I've played MMO games long enough to know this.  A company will not change the way it does things unless something drastic happens with the community.  If they start receiving complaints from experienced players and players that are  close to them or start having a downfall in amount of people buying their item releases, they will be forced to change things up.

Overall, it's up to the players if they want to pay for stuff.  It's also up to the players on how to follow through and make sure their feedback is heard by the company.  I've played Fiesta since CBT and I am still active in the community.  If you hate grinding, go do something else.  Go enhance your weapon...go to an instance dungeon...go chat with people...go make guides for sites.  If people start acting immature, then just ignore them.  I've had so many people come up to me and harass me about my character's level and whatnot and I just shrug them off.  That's just how it is in an MMO.

My advice is, stay in the game, give it a chance, and just have fun with it.  Get involved with the community and have good connections :)

• BallsoutBallsout Member UncommonPosts: 70

Wow, never seen so many just joined and then this is their first post, fishy??

• zwildiriszwildiris Member Posts: 26

<scratches head> I don't get this game.

Way too much running around for little to no reward for my taste.  Leveling seems rather quick at the lower levels, so sitting at level 7 and have nothing to show for it except a backpack full of "stuff".  I have no idea what to do with the "stuff" but I have it.

Maybe I am suppose to turn my animal droppings into equipment, but I guess I missed that part of the tuturial.  :/

So my vote is "not play the game" but that is only from playing for approx a hour, but I really don't feel like I could take much more then a hour.

• LunarMoon23LunarMoon23 Member Posts: 1

I played Fiesta and play by the rules but there are people that aimming to have you banned cause they either they dont like you or want the place for themself. I played it for 9 months and seen bad people getting reported but never banned and good people been reported and you heard them been ban. OS hasnt been much of a good company or run Fiesta right or any of their games all they want is the money you put on the game thats it. So this game isnt good to play unless you never talk to people or have friends.

• lordofthefckdarklordofthefckdark Member Posts: 2
    I would say download i really like this game you can make friends and just have fun you know and if you dont like it you can always think about deleting :D