Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wow... load times are ridiculous

While i've been loading a new level here in open beta,

I've read 3 threads and writing this one...while waiting for 1 outdoor area to load, and I have a WD Raptor X 10k RPM harddrive.. this is ridiculous! It reminds me of the old commodore 64 days when it took 10 min to load a level of Ultima off a 5.25'' FLoppy disk lol

Comments

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

Don't worry, plenty of people will be along shortly to tell you not to worry.  This is an old client of the game.  Oh, and they'll ask you why you are trolling.

Anyway, reading forums or a good book are a great way to keep yourself from getting board when loading times are crazy.  Yesterday a lot of people were claiming 15-30 load times to go from the wilds tutorial to get into Tortage.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."