Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Did It...Reinstalled and Tried Again

After reading and hearing about the changes to the game, I was dying to try it again. Once people here explained the enhancement system to me a little more I went ahead and reinstalled it and reactivated my account.

The problem?

I love it again but now I have no one to play with! A Level 12 Cleric with no friiends in an inactive guild. Lonely world I'm living in right about now.

Thanks for suggesting that I give it another go...so glad I did!

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Oh it's not hard to find a guild. Browsing the official forums on your server could give you an idea what guilds fit your style. Grouping with people for a few days you'll find people remember you if you play well. I would get a few tells asking if I wanted to group from people I played with days earlier or the night before. Or add people to friends and start sending tells the next day. Won't take you long!

With Mod 7 coming soon hopefully the population will pick up again. Someone else posted it seems like there is a lull in pops right before a new Mod comes out. That seems true in my opinion.

Glad you are enjoying the game!

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• Dr.RockDr.Rock Member Posts: 603

Nice to hear you are giving it another try. 

A lonely Cleric sounds wrong, they tend to be snapped up quickly. I think you need to make the next step which is to create your own groups, stick up a LFM and people will join, especially if you (a Cleric) are already in the group.

Is the US population lull due to the normal tiredness between modules or the lag problem? I honestly can't see any of the normal drop off on the EU servers, in fact last night I was surprised to see nearly 3 pages of LFMs with an almost perfect split across all levels.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Word of advice, do not say you have wands or scrolls.  If anything, make the party beleive you are broke and will only be healing with spells and/or Divine Healing.  The reaon for this most players play smarter if they know their only cleric is spaming scrolls on them.

I have a lvl 11 Cleric that I've been leveling over the last month.  I made the character more for an experiment then a preference of a playstyle.  One thing I've learned is: most people suck!  ;)

There's nothing worse then Blocked or Out of Range.  If a person continues to envoke this on me I give them a warning, or two, before informing them they'll be relying on potions. 

Note: divine abilities generally pass through walls and obstacles when using them on party members. I've used Divine Healing on a person who was seperated by at least 4-6 walls and entirely blocked; Cruicible maze.

Also, don't advertise Divine Vitaililty (replenishes spell points) if you have it.  More times then not you'll get a wizard spaming maximized, empowered and extended firewalls for every single mob encounter if you do.  Wait till the big fight and top someone off since this is generally when it's needed most.

Most importantly, welcome back and I hope you enjoy it.  There's a patch today that's supposed to fix the lag - we'll see...

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I'm about to join again as I miss D&D, one thing about a Cleric  is some groups try to play dungeons that are above their level, and like to blame the Cleric's healing. I was a good healer and most everyone on my server looked for me to be on, however you do find the groups with too much guts for their size.

• PaganbladePaganblade Member Posts: 4

i reactivated today as well after being away for over a year and i'm glad I did. The game was always alot of fun. I was just never able to get involved in a guild. i was surprised to find my character still there. When I logged on, I had no idea where I was or where to go. lol  

I'm gonna have to start again from lvl 1 to get the hang of the game. I am also guildless and alone

in the game so don't feel bad. Once I get up to a good level i'll start guild searching, maybe this time around i'll be able to see content outside of the starting city.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Well welcome back you two. Don't worry about starting over, I moved to a different server and quickly got decent loot/cash on dungeon runs. Plus if you play in a permadeath guild starting over is nothing haha.

Just don't be a victim of a bad build. That was my problem.

Hopefully mod 7 will come out soon and get to see new starting area.

And www.ddocast.com has a lot of good info on the game. I check it out weekly.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by HisButterfly

After reading and hearing about the changes to the game, I was dying to try it again. Once people here explained the enhancement system to me a little more I went ahead and reinstalled it and reactivated my account.
    The problem?
    I love it again but now I have no one to play with! A Level 12 Cleric with no friiends in an inactive guild. Lonely world I'm living in right about now.
    Thanks for suggesting that I give it another go...so glad I did!

What server are you on?  Some of us may be able to help out :)  I play on Ghalande myself (not sure if I spelled it right).

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

Im trying it again too.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.