Dear MMORPG.Com....

mike470mike470 General Correspondent-unknown-Member Posts: 2,396

I believe we should have a hardware thread for AoC, since lately these forums have been overflooded with

"can I run AoC?"

"Picking out computer, please helps!!!!"

It's taking away from the actualy discussion of the game, and since the computer can be a problem for this game, there should be a hardware section on the AoC forums  for  who ever need the help.

__________________________________________________
In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08 - Rest In Peace; you will not be forgotten

Comments

  • AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan Advocate Member UncommonPosts: 7,039

    Or just a sticky, keep it all in one place.

     



  • sweetdreamssweetdreams Nowhere, FLMember UncommonPosts: 155

    Originally posted by AmazingAvery


    Or just a sticky, keep it all in one place. 

    I think that's a better solution. AoC will be released soon.

  • mike470mike470 General Correspondent -unknown-Member Posts: 2,396

    Originally posted by AmazingAvery


    Or just a sticky, keep it all in one place.
     

    True, but sooner or later it would be too overflooded so people wouldn't use it.

    __________________________________________________
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08 - Rest In Peace; you will not be forgotten

  • mike470mike470 General Correspondent -unknown-Member Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by sweetdreams


     
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery


    Or just a sticky, keep it all in one place. 

     

    I think that's a better solution. AoC will be released soon.



    Well people will still wnat to buy the game after the first release.  It will be for anyone who needs help involving their computers for this game. 

    __________________________________________________
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08 - Rest In Peace; you will not be forgotten

  • A.BlacklochA.Blackloch NexusMember UncommonPosts: 833

    Yes, not that I have anything against these. All these hardware problems just flood the forums and since everybody creates their own topic, all the important topics drown to the bottom. 

  • mike470mike470 General Correspondent -unknown-Member Posts: 2,396

    Originally posted by Mortemia


    Yes, not that I have anything against these. All these hardware problems just flood the forums and since everybody creates their own topic, all the important topics drown to the bottom. 

    Agreed.

    Wow, two people voted no ... a sticky or a hardware section would be helpful though..

    __________________________________________________
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08 - Rest In Peace; you will not be forgotten

  • I vote people actually use the search function and that they do a little research before they plague the forums (here and at Funcom.com) with a question that has been asked hundreds upon hundreds of times.

  • URMAKERURMAKER NOLAMember UncommonPosts: 659

    plenty of info on  system requirements on every AoC forum on the net.

    image

  • LadyRenoLadyReno Reno, NVMember Posts: 218

    There is a hardware forum, thats were I went to ask questions.  And Avery was kind enough to help me out.

     

  • mike470mike470 General Correspondent -unknown-Member Posts: 2,396

    Originally posted by LadyReno


    There is a hardware forum, thats were I went to ask questions.  And Avery was kind enough to help me out.
     
    I know, but this forum could paticularly be for AoC....

    the point of the forum is so people can actually talk about the game, instead of talking about their computer.

    __________________________________________________
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08 - Rest In Peace; you will not be forgotten

  • talismen351talismen351 Mitchell, ONMember Posts: 1,124

    I don't understand...why...if ppl are interested in this game have they not gone to funcom site? Have they not read up about the game? It is right there in the facts what the requirements are. Are ppl basing their decisions on this game purely by screenshots n movies?

    I donno bout other ppl...but when I decide I wanna play a game...first I check out the games homepage, READ the faq, look at screenshots/movies, read the forums for any aditional info I missed...Then I will post a comment if I can't find some important info.

    I guess the kiddies are too lazy to read.

    image

  • deadlydog5deadlydog5 bradenton, FLMember Posts: 95

    even if u do make a sticky people are still going to ask maybe not as many but quite a few will

    Heroes are born but legends never die

  • IndoIndo New York, NYMember Posts: 252
    Originally posted by talismen351


    I don't understand...why...if ppl are interested in this game have they not gone to funcom site? Have they not read up about the game? It is right there in the facts what the requirements are. Are ppl basing their decisions on this game purely by screenshots n movies?
    I donno bout other ppl...but when I decide I wanna play a game...first I check out the games homepage, READ the faq, look at screenshots/movies, read the forums for any aditional info I missed...Then I will post a comment if I can't find some important info.
    I guess the kiddies are too lazy to read.

    My sentiments exactly

  • nemo38nemo38 lancaster, CAMember Posts: 143

    I voted no. When 80% of the 'actual discussions' are filed under "funcom don't release a half finished game" or 'no seiges means a crappy release' or any of the other hundred negative posts, I'm happy to see something less negative no matter how pithy.

  • mike470mike470 General Correspondent -unknown-Member Posts: 2,396

    Originally posted by nemo38


    I voted no. When 80% of the 'actual discussions' are filed under "funcom don't release a half finished game" or 'no seiges means a crappy release' or any of the other hundred negative posts, I'm happy to see something less negative no matter how pithy.

    At least that's discussing the game..

    __________________________________________________
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08 - Rest In Peace; you will not be forgotten

  • afoaaafoaa AarhusMember UncommonPosts: 578

    "You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

Sign In or Register to comment.