Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Careful playing this game

ShazadiShazadi Member Posts: 6

Me and my husband had played this game for a while then all the sudden our accounts was banned.. No reason as to why... Coadmasters wont give us any reason as to why we was banned nor will they take us off the ban list. I had a lvl 40 Elf Elem. and my husband had a lvl 37 Human knight.

They seem to like to ban people with out reason or telling why they have decited to ban the people. We live in the US so I know the regional ban is not the problem...

Hope all that decited to play this game has a better time should they need help from the GMs and or Coadmasters for anything...

Just be wear that they do ban for absoultly no reason and then if you ask them for a reason that you was ban they ignore your emails!!!!

Ooo and if  you buy chantra careful cause no matter how much you buy they will ban you before you use it and refuse to refund your money.

Comments

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

It's for the companies sad attempt to stop account and gold selling.  They have banned thousands without a good reason.

• ShazadiShazadi Member Posts: 6

Well because of that and the fact that they had verified our pay pal 5 times and the fact that they will not even talk or respond to my massages I have contacted a lawyer. Who is not working on this for us we Hope that it will soon be taken care of in a way that well pleases everyone involved we have asked for our IP to be unblocked or for the refund of the chantra that we bought! Nothing to hard for them to do yet they dont seem to want to work it out with me we will see if the lawyer has to take this to court or if they will be willing to talk with Him... Cant wait to see the out come of this!

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Codemasters is well known for doing this to people, and have been for years. It's unfortunate that they can still sucker in the last few people who haven't heard about them yet, but I suppose if they couldn't then they would have gone out of business a long time ago.

Good luck with the lawyer thing, I hope it works out well for you.

• ShazadiShazadi Member Posts: 6

Thank you, It is sad that a game company will sink this low. I had never heard of them before I started playing archlords and now I wish I never had. I think in the 6 months we was there we paid over 400 dollars in chantra... It sickens me that we have lost now most of the cause we didnt use it all at once we keep it on the account for when we needed it.

• EogrisEogris Member UncommonPosts: 102

what is chantra?  in-game currency?

• Lthayer3Lthayer3 Member Posts: 5

I have to agree with the thread starter.  I played the game for a while about a year back, and my account was banned for no reason.  I tried again a few months ago, and once again, I found my account banned after a little more than a week.  I never received a response from customer or technical support regarding either problem, and I certainly wasn't doing anything against the rules.

Thankfully, I don't spend money on online games.  But to those who do, ArchLord may not be the best game for you.  It is quite fun, and great for a free game, but watch out if you get too serious about it.

EDIT: To the person beneath me, maybe you shouldn't be talking when you think Asian is spelled "Asain" ;)

• jonezi92jonezi92 Member Posts: 224

Maybe your terrible spelling made "Coadmasters" think you were a Asain Gold farmer ahaha

• gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920
    Originally posted by jonezi92

Maybe your terrible spelling made "Coadmasters" think you were a Asain Gold farmer ahaha

You spelled Asian wrong.

Just returning the favor you lent to the OP.

===============================

• TimmyTimmy Member Posts: 68

Hrmm...I loved RF online....do they do the same thing on that game? I was kinda wanting to go back.....>.<

• PureChaosPureChaos Member Posts: 839
    Originally posted by Timmy

Hrmm...I loved RF online....do they do the same thing on that game? I was kinda wanting to go back.....>.<

they have the same system in place where you play for free but special or better grade items cost more. ALthought for RF you can get by fine without them since it wasnt at first made to have that system. Its a asian grind game but its fun if ya have friends play it and the pvp was fun.

Anyway to the OP it sucks what happend, i would suggest playing a game that has a monthly fee or doesnt need any payment(guild wars) tend to be much more reliable companies. Good luck on your case.

• flipnolanflipnolan Member Posts: 1

I'd say besides guild wars its better to stick to games that are monthly fees because they tend to be better and you dont gotta deal with the mmoney shit you just work for your money its the way it should be played.

I wanna try RF online though.

playing:World of Warcraft

• RyuukoGoRyuukoGo Member Posts: 235

How many "massages" have you sent?      

400 dollars on chantra...was that for a month a day?  

• TheHelperTheHelper Member Posts: 108

meh. your never really safe from getting banned if u play a p2p mmo or a f2p. i got banned on wow (52 warlock not much to brag about) without any reason, seems like whenever someone hacks or farms they  all go on a ban hammer rampage. =/

• Devastati0nDevastati0n Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Shazadi

Me and my husband had played this game for a while then all the sudden our accounts was banned.. No reason as to why... Coadmasters wont give us any reason as to why we was banned nor will they take us off the ban list. I had a lvl 40 Elf Elem. and my husband had a lvl 37 Human knight.
    They seem to like to ban people with out reason or telling why they have decited to ban the people. We live in the US so I know the regional ban is not the problem...

Hope all that decited to play this game has a better time should they need help from the GMs and or Coadmasters for anything...

Just be wear that they do ban for absoultly no reason and then if you ask them for a reason that you was ban they ignore your emails!!!!

Ooo and if  you buy chantra careful cause no matter how much you buy they will ban you before you use it and refuse to refund your money.

How much Chantra did you buy at a time?  There is no point in loading up on more than 10,000 at a time.  They even admitted to the massive ban.  Do you think they really care if someone goes around crying it about it they know there will always be new players constantly joining the game and those who do get banned often end up playing again. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current classic RPG: Breath of fire II

MMORPGs Played: ArchLord, SilkRoad, World Of Warcraft, Anarchy Online, Astonia, DarkEden, Dungeon Runners, Lineage, Lineage 2, Everquest II, Fury, Guild wars, Knight Online, MapleStory, Metin, Metin 2, Rappelz, City Of heroes, City of Villains, RF Online, ROSE Online, requiem, SUN, Trickster.

Waiting for: Aion

• EmosinEmosin Member Posts: 6

Archlord is a good game lack of players due to the company ripping ppl off but if u dont buy the chantra and lvl like normal without special items help u will be fine no worries to loosing ur account and the money u spent on it, they also keep switching it from a paid game to a f2P so watch urself this company will rip u off but if ur smart about it u can get around and still enjoy the game they rovide u in the end

• Devastati0nDevastati0n Member Posts: 93

Yes, big lack of player that why server is always on high status use to be on low 24/7 and medium when all foreign people were on now is over load.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current classic RPG: Breath of fire II

MMORPGs Played: ArchLord, SilkRoad, World Of Warcraft, Anarchy Online, Astonia, DarkEden, Dungeon Runners, Lineage, Lineage 2, Everquest II, Fury, Guild wars, Knight Online, MapleStory, Metin, Metin 2, Rappelz, City Of heroes, City of Villains, RF Online, ROSE Online, requiem, SUN, Trickster.

Waiting for: Aion

• hXcFecalhXcFecal Member Posts: 39

Shazadi you mispelled more than half the words in your post...

Playing:WoW,Guild Wars
    Used to play: Vanguard, Anarchy Online (got to lvl 6 and quit :p)
    Waiting for: Warhammer, Aion

• ckay2005ckay2005 Member Posts: 1

You will find as with most games that are a rip off if you catch it in time and dispute the charges thru your credit card....not debit...that you can get a charge back. I dont suggest that you do this often as the CC company will clearly CUT U OFF...but per consumer rights and the law we are protected. This is a little known fact that most companys dont want you to know. Consumer protection helps you from this kind of cheats. And allows you to dispute the product as being unusable or not as described and/or broken and you have 30 days right of recision. That is ALSO why most car lots will not accept credit card payments for a car on your matercard or Visa. I have had to now pop 2 game companys for the original posters comments of gettin banned with no reason. Or that the upgrade system was so broken or insane that it made the game completely impossible to play or instead of "Free" would cost yu $1000s of dollars to make anything. Basically setup to drain yu....that nothing more than a scam hidden inside of a game.

Anyway next time you get jacked....get with your credit card company and tell them that you have been jacked/scammed/screwed....as you own nothing and they still have the property. Say what you want with there agreements....they SIGN A CREDIT CARD agreement as well with visa/mastercard that has rules too and it overrides there agreement....which protects yu!!!! Well in the US that is...I dontknow about other countrys. But be advise I have successgully charged back over $300 to broken games...scamming games that advertise free and then you get to lvl 40 and realize omg its not a $20 store purchase once a month to play its like $500.....they know what they are doing from the design and setups...Shame some games actually try to do right which I would say are most....but the Asian/mainly Korean are cash cows...anyway good luck and use your Visa/mastercard and see the game for 30 days...If its any count it will not get a charge back...and that how it should be. If I enjoy it I dont care the cost.

• tikboitikboi Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by Shazadi

u made sumthing wrong?

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

thats terrible

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• Knockers456Knockers456 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by mike470

It's for the companies sad attempt to stop account and gold selling.  They have banned thousands without a good reason.

Alot of games are having issues with account and gold selling one of them that i know is having a really bad issue is World of warcraft...i mean its a great game except for that $15 thing but yeah so many people spam their nonsense gold selling >.<

• d0gz1llad0gz1lla Member UncommonPosts: 77

I played archlord for quite some time and i have to say that the things that GMs are doing are really ridicouls. If the GMs can be on a take roll ( bribing ) and protecting some people, then its easlly to say its corruption. Gms should be like an "law" out there, but the thing is sometimes they turn around and stuff like that. Sad to see this, but it was there. One funny thing is for example that the mobs usualy say: "You will die, give me your money." all of the sudden say: " Visit www.******gold.com 1$ for 10milion gold."

Along side whit that, when u log in the game, the bot suddenly knows you are online and message you whit offers whit gold. How can that be if the person dosent have me on friends, neither can see me in its visible area. It had to be done therw servers information. No other explanation.

The game itself is ok for a free MMORPG.  I was never giving any attetion to this kind of things, just ignored it. Since there cant be done anything about it, just ignore it. There are pros and cons, i think the best aspect of the game that i experienced was, the people from my guild, that keept me playing for quite a while. But depends what you want from the game.

Enough said, if you will or are playing, have fun and enjoy.

R.I.P my dear MOTHER (1965-2004)

• tdexploittdexploit Member Posts: 5

I sympathize with you OP. Archlord did interest me when it was in closed beta and when I played it was interesting. What bore me was the incredibly huge time you needed for leveling. LOL Then again it didnt matter since my account was banned for inactivity(small reason I gave myself since I never bothered to ask them why, no point) 1/5 emails I got from them was about their release dates and pricing. LOL Not counting activation.

Ruined the game, IMO.

Same with the Chinese version LOL

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I played this game for 3 months, and was banned.  I didn't have anything special or ever buy anything for it.  I think they banned me since I was logged on for 20 hours or more a day (amazing what ADHD, Insomnia, and some caffine allow you to do ), or something.  In playing MMOs (or MUDs) since 1992 I have never been banned, even temporary lol.  I find it kind of funny though.  There are plenty of fish in the sea, I hope you get your money back!

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

I'll admit, leveling in this game is like running against the wind, uphill, with one leg. But the pvp is pretty good, and the whole Archlord feature is a cool novelty. An average game in my opinion not terrible and not great either. Plenty of people to group with at all times, which I'm sure is partially due to it being free. Should have been free to begin with though, I feel sorry for those who payed at the beginning.