Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Might Play..

Wildman2121Wildman2121 Member Posts: 90

I usually dont play P2P games, but this looks to good to pass up. Can anyone tell me what it involves? Im not really sure at all, it just looks bad ass. I may try the free trail..I need some info on that too, does it require credit card info like WoWs free trial? And how long does it take with DSL to download? Anyone mind helping me out? Thanks.

Comments

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

Not a current player, but eventually Planetside will require a CC number or a SOE game card if you can get one somewhere. Server merge is happening around May 20th, so things will get livelier for the NA/Asian player base. Check out the Syndicate and get up to speed on the game. It's a wonderful game with some awesome people find an outfit get vent, get a mic and start rolling.

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

Originally posted by Wildman2121

Can anyone tell me what it involves? Im not really sure at all, it just looks bad ass. I may try the free trail..

Well..   Planetside is a battlefield simulator. You chose a role, that you design (your build) and play the "defend and attack bases" game.    There are hackers,  "spys" (rogues?),  mech, tanks, "copters",  mines, autoturrets, quads, and other stuff.    Battles could be from megaheavy ( 200 players, to heavy 20 players), with anything in betwen.  The maps are hugue, and there are several bases, some are slighty protected (the one connected to friendl bases) , and others are in danger (under atttack).

Theres something like a "civilization hub", but almost everywhere will be playing defending/attacking bases.

Theres some "infantry" battles, If that is your thing, but the games is more like a "battlefield 2142 MMO".

Sounds good? Is good!.  But there are not elves or orc's here  (for good, imho).  Very recomended game.

If you enter, first run all the simulations, because will give you levels, so you can have more flexibility to test builds  (sniper, minimech, etc..)

I sould buy a spellchecker...

• ShrikeValeoShrikeValeo Member Posts: 33

So the server merge hasnt happened yet huh.....interesting.

Last i remember, as of last october/november, empires on the NA server barely pop-locked a continent on a good night (for non-players, thats maxing out the population of any one continent for one side, which is 150 people). Been slightly tempted to try again, even more so with the server merge, but there are several "concerns" of mine.

1) The Galaxy Gunship (GG), is an overpowered, impossible invention, that is as insane to gun for as it is to take head on. I feel they only made it to appeal to the adrenaline filled crazy people in the game, with no balance concepts at all

2) The mechs, or BFRs (Battle Frame Robotics) last i know of are still barely useful, due to jammers messing them up and several system errors they can have, especially vs a GG with 1 (thats right, 1) gunner being able to take one out with ease, plus a BFR has a usage limit of 1 per 25 minutes, compared to the GG's 10 minutes

N.B the errors are intended, theyre just really annoying because BFRs were initially very overpowered, so they got nerfed

3) SOE delightfully decided to change their subscription plan to recurring, no doubt with just a subtle ToS change or something, so they charged me for an extra month without asking...

Regardless, with the server merge I'll probably try it out to see the player base. Gotta try it with my hawt pc too :) 8fps can go byebye! Plus I have a BFR elite award with my name practically on it....

Download would depend on where you get it. Can't remember the file size atm, though updating PS (Planetside) from scratch can take a while

My advice in a it is to find an outfit too. I checked http://planetsidestats.net not long ago, and Blue Lions on Emerald (NA server) seem active. Dunno if they recruit new players, but worth a try. Just be sure to pick the certs (needed to be able to use certain vehicles, weapons etc) that you want, and not what others want you to do. You can always swap around though, and have a go at everything in time. I ended up having more medals than a number of outfit members, but most were low ones (bronze etc) since i swapped araound so much :P

P.S Virtual Reality is your friend! Never forget to go there first and visit regularly. You can try out any and all weapons and vehicles there.

[/info_overhaul]

Peace

Bonus Note: That website seems to be regretting having to close when the server merge occurs, so if you want to check it out, do so before it

• xMarsxMars Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by LethalShadow

So the server merge hasnt happened yet huh.....interesting.
    Last i remember, as of last october/november, empires on the NA server barely pop-locked a continent on a good night (for non-players, thats maxing out the population of any one continent for one side, which is 150 people). Been slightly tempted to try again, even more so with the server merge, but there are several "concerns" of mine.
    1) The Galaxy Gunship (GG), is an overpowered, impossible invention, that is as insane to gun for as it is to take head on. I feel they only made it to appeal to the adrenaline filled crazy people in the game, with no balance concepts at all

the GG got nerfed a while ago. while it still has its uses, overall opinion is that it is not overpowered in normal fights anymore
    2) The mechs, or BFRs (Battle Frame Robotics) last i know of are still barely useful, due to jammers messing them up and several system errors they can have, especially vs a GG with 1 (thats right, 1) gunner being able to take one out with ease, plus a BFR has a usage limit of 1 per 25 minutes, compared to the GG's 10 minutes
    N.B the errors are intended, theyre just really annoying because BFRs were initially very overpowered, so they got nerfed
    no offense, but no love for biffers. its only an attraction for noobies anyway. ppl who mainly come back for bfrs can stay away, the game wont miss them no offence

3) SOE delightfully decided to change their subscription plan to recurring, no doubt with just a subtle ToS change or something, so they charged me for an extra month without asking...

if they actually did that you could have told asked your bank to not pay and get your money back
    Regardless, with the server merge I'll probably try it out to see the player base. Gotta try it with my hawt pc too :) 8fps can go byebye! Plus I have a BFR elite award with my name practically on it....
    Download would depend on where you get it. Can't remember the file size atm, though updating PS (Planetside) from scratch can take a while
    My advice in a it is to find an outfit too. I checked http://planetsidestats.net not long ago, and Blue Lions on Emerald (NA server) seem active. Dunno if they recruit new players, but worth a try. Just be sure to pick the certs (needed to be able to use certain vehicles, weapons etc) that you want, and not what others want you to do. You can always swap around though, and have a go at everything in time. I ended up having more medals than a number of outfit members, but most were low ones (bronze etc) since i swapped araound so much :P
    P.S Virtual Reality is your friend! Never forget to go there first and visit regularly. You can try out any and all weapons and vehicles there.
    [/info_overhaul]
    Peace

Bonus Note: That website seems to be regretting having to close when the server merge occurs, so if you want to check it out, do so before it

yes, blue lions do recruit and they have no standards. meaning they take everyone who wants in.