Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beginer's help?

xenoaroexenoaroe Member UncommonPosts: 13

Hello,

Two friends and myself have decided that we would like to play CoX.  We will most likely be playng villans because we are evil like that.  We were planning on doing alot of things together in the game, and wondering what classes we should be.  Do the group mechanics demand a need for roles like tank and aoe and ranged damage to be filled or is it not as much an issue as it would be in other games like wow.  Essentially, what would be the best combination of classes /skills for three people?

Thanks!

Comments

• sanibaksanibak Member UncommonPosts: 14

The one thing I like about COV is the fact that they do a great job of making sure you don't HAVE to have a perfect group.  If you want 3 dominators running missions so be it.  Personally, the way I do things is have a character based on each mood I'm in.  If I want to group I play a Dominator or corruptor, if I want to solo I get out my brute or MM, if I want to play a scrapper with no defense...well I don't play stalkers mostly because I was a spoiled regen scrapper back in the day, hehe.

My point?  Well, any setup will work.  Just let each of you find what AT that fits your individual playstyle and then have fun.

And remember there's no perfect group but some have better dps than others =)

• xenoaroexenoaroe Member UncommonPosts: 13

sweet.  I've read that the game's content scales to group size and stuff.  Are there any areas that require a specific number of people--would we be able to do the majority of any such group designed area with the three of us?

• sanibaksanibak Member UncommonPosts: 14

Well, on occasion you might have a mission with an elite boss which is about twice as difficult as a regular boss.  Then there will be some Hero level bad guys in the end game missions.  Typically they require a full group to defeat...back in the day I had defeated a few solo but I'm sure there have been patches and updates to fix that, heh.

Oh, and very rarely there may come up missions that require multiple people to click on glowies at the same time.  But again that could have changed as I haven't come across one in a while and don't recall see a change in the updates ever.

That's about it...enjoy

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

You two should really choose what you want.

However, if you pick 1 support and 1 melee, it would prolly be a lot better.

Corruptors/MMs/Dominators + Brute/Stalker would yield better results.

Some combo are extremely potent together.  For example, if you have a SS/Ela brute and a ???/Thermal corruptor, you would PWNS seriously.

Corruptors are prolly the best pick for grouping, everyone is always happy to see 1 more corruptor (especially a kinetic or a rad).   I never see a group unhappy to see too many corruptors. :)  Never.  Althought, every combo could work, some work better. :)

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren