Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Inevitable City Screens

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

EA Mythic has released these four new screenshots of Inevitable City, the capital for Chaos int he upcoming Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.

Check out all four full-size images here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• vickypollardvickypollard Member Posts: 305

Needs atmosphere and character and to feel more busy and alive insetad of sooo generic and dull and I hope they actually add lighting in cause doesn't appear to be in these screenshots.

• SouvecSouvec Member UncommonPosts: 698

Anyone else tired of seeing gritty, war-torn lands look as if a street-sweeper just came through and cleaned up the world?

When will we see an MMO that's just down right "dirty" and actually fitting in terms of atmosphere and setting? I want to see winds twirling about flinging debree around, weeds between the cracks, blood, etc.

Just a general observation that applies to many.

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

Originally posted by Souvec

Anyone else tired of seeing gritty, war-torn lands look as if a street-sweeper just came through and cleaned up the world?
    When will we see an MMO that's just down right "dirty" and actually fitting in terms of atmosphere and setting? I want to see winds twirling about flinging debree around, weeds between the cracks, blood, etc.
    Just a general observation that applies to many.

I played Quake1 like 6 years, so I have no problem with brown maps.

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

The style their aiming for looks nice, but they seriously need to make it more alive and atmospherically evil.

• SouvecSouvec Member UncommonPosts: 698

Originally posted by Teiman
    I played Quake1 like 6 years, so I have no problem with brown maps.
    True, though I would have to agree with you if this was Quake 1... and six years ago.

Just expecting more from todays developers, especially for a MMO on this scale. Maybe I am expecting to much.

• maddbomber83maddbomber83 Member Posts: 422

I agree.

It is a couple years old, but EQ2 has decent atmosphere in its cities (like trash, broken down carts, rats and bugs running around, ectra) for the evil parts.  I would like future MMOs to take that a step further, kinda like how Half Life 2 did some of their stuff.

• Hyperboy01Hyperboy01 Member Posts: 17

I have to agree that it would be nice to see things like:

(for the evil cities... chaos)

-impaled bodies of the enemies as a representation of the power of the ruling elite outside the city walls (to scare enemies).

-many more banners

-piles of bones and body parts at "dumping stations" where they get burned periodically (plaguesque)

-packs of dingy dogs that attack anybody, maybe rabid.

-squads of soldiers walking around as a show of force (possibly harrasing citizens at times).

(for the good cities....order)

-villages outside the castle with thatch roofs, chickens here and there.

-Squads of knights on horses parading around the town

-anyhow, I imagine these are still taken at low-resolution, and it is nice of them to continue to put them out, unfortunately, I don't feel like they are building hype any longer, they are just making people worry about how old the graphic technology is.

Graphics aren't the only thing in MMORPGs, so lets hope the rest of it turns out awesome!

• ceinwenceinwen Member Posts: 36

Why does it look so... empty. :|

• StytchesStytches Member UncommonPosts: 2

Well it's not the Chaos city but the second area in this video shows you an Order fortress that has a bit more life to it.  Granted I belive they are still populating much of the world so I wouldn't be supprised to see a much more alive and perhaps festering Chaos city in the near future.  All part of the finishing polish as it were. 

Edit:  Forgot to add the link      Here ya go:

www.tentonhammer.com/node/30169

+1