Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An Apology

pstruthpstruth Member Posts: 233

I would like to make an apology to the devs of Planeshift who have taken the time to post here. I've been condemning them for being aggressive and bad mannered, but I'm guilty of the same. Planeshift's devs are a diverse bunch and it's wrong to paint them all with the same brush. There have been times when devs and GMs abused their powers, but most of the time they're just ordinary people doing the best they can with what they have. Further, individuals like me make problems worse because we give them reasons to be defensive.

I still believe it's true that the Planeshift dev culture has areas to improve, but so does everything else, and it's true that if you don't cross the devs they don't generally cross you. Even when bad things do happen, it's wrong to judge people for who they are at their worst, and people like me have been pushing a slanted image of things.

Comments

• QueenofFoolsQueenofFools PlaneShift DeveloperMember Posts: 61

Well, who'd have thunk it?

Good luck out there!

and happy gaming!

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

well this is a surprise...

• AeriannaKzinAeriannaKzin Member Posts: 9

Aerianna smiles and bows to pstruth "well said. that took a lot of pride to admit your faults and say sorry, I am proud of you (whoever you are ) However I am sure no one here is 100% on the right side eaither, people get defensive and in turn get mean, maybe out of line, maybe not..but its all a part of life, it takes a small man (or woman) to start something, it takes a bigger one to make amends."

• TaladTalad PlaneShift DeveloperMember UncommonPosts: 83

Very nice to see this. Supporting the devs is the best way for us to be motivated to continue develop PlaneShift for the fun of everyone.

Now relax and enjoy life.

Come to play or enhance our game PlaneShift!
  • pstruthpstruth Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by Talad

Very nice to see this. Supporting the devs is the best way for us to be motivated to continue develop PlaneShift for the fun of everyone.
    Now relax and enjoy life.
    It's true that I behaved poorly, but so did you, and this was not an opportunity to give me unwanted advice.

Supporting an individual does not mean supporting or accepting everything they do.  I may support the devs without condoning their behaviour or even keeping quiet about it.

• GnomigGnomig Member Posts: 48

Well to be honest i just read this thread out of boredom, but

"Now relax and enjoy life."

does seem a bit arrogant in face of somebody who just apologized honestly. Just my 2 cents for today, do not bother answering i will not be there to read it (that's not meant mean but as i said i read this out of boredom)

Peace Dudes.

Originally posted by Gnomig

Well to be honest i just read this thread out of boredom, but
    "Now relax and enjoy life."
    does seem a bit arrogant in face of somebody who just apologized honestly. Just my 2 cents for today, do not bother answering i will not be there to read it (that's not meant mean but as i said i read this out of boredom)
    Peace Dudes.

I wasn't going to put it so harshly, but yeah.  That's what my reaction was too.  I almost regretted apologizing when I saw how poorly it was received.

• QueenofFoolsQueenofFools PlaneShift DeveloperMember Posts: 61

I think a normal reaction was given considering the extensive post history formed in the PlaneShift threads.

I accept apologies when they come with behavior that reflects the sincerity of the apology.

Originally posted by QueenofFools

I think a normal reaction was given considering the extensive post history formed in the PlaneShift threads.
    I accept apologies when they come with behavior that reflects the sincerity of the apology.

I actually had no problem with your response.