Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error msg when logging in

I get this error msg when trying to login to the game, right before the character creation I reckon. network entity init: unable to initialize entity system. Anyone know what I can do to play the game? Very anxious to try Dark and Light. Btw I cannot post on the official forum thats why im looking here for help.

Comments

• TallynTallyn Member UncommonPosts: 217

First of all, why can't you post on the official forums? They removed restrictions on posting/viewing those a long time ago. Are you trying to be all sneaksies like those hobbitses?

My suggestion was going to be to post there after doing a search for your particular error in the support section. You can rest assured that someone else has more than likely had that same problem and the answer is somewhere on those forums.

However, I took the liberty of snooping around for you, and it turns out that this is a rare occurrence that blocks players from logging in until a server reboot. I've actually received this error a couple times and it always seemed to fix itself.

If after 24 hours the problem still exists, try deleting the .cfg and .ini files in the DnL directory, do a full scan from the patcher, and then set you detail level to 0 and quality level to Low.

If after 24 hours that still doesn't work. Consider DnL unplayable for you.

As good of a game as DnL could of been and actually is when it works, it's really not worth wasting that much time to find workarounds for the copious amount of bugs that keep a lot of potential players from ever logging in.

There's always a chance that DnL will have a fairly bright future, but right now you'd be better off trying something else if this issue keeps you out of game for long.

Hope that helped. Good luck.

• Yeah I read that myself, about having to wait until the server restarts, and that post dated back to 2006 so I did not pay very much attention to it. And they havent fixed it yet, jeezes now that is promising. The reason I cannot post on the offical forum I do not know, but I dont have the permission for some reason. Its still not working and ive given up the game really, to bad that bugs that have been around for two years is keep away a potential new player. :)

Thanks for answering though!
  • TallynTallyn Member UncommonPosts: 217

Yup, tis sad but at least you tried.

Good luck in your future gaming man.