Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auto Attack?

<p>i just started playing this game about 5  minutes ago lol and i was wondering, is there an auto attack function? thanks in advance :D</p>

Comments

• JadetoothJadetooth Member UncommonPosts: 372

Not really, but you can ctrl-click any ability to have to auto-use as soon as it's recharged.

------------------------------

• Hamadryad766Hamadryad766 Member Posts: 2

alrighty :D thank you so much!

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Most peoples auto-click feature these:

- Hasten

- Build up like power

- Anything with a duration which can be "permanent" that way  (buff or debuff)...or powers like siphon speed.

- AoE heals.

- An attack, then you target your friend and auto-follow them...this is lazy support, done mostly for farming badges...very good if you fly and the friend is a level 14 who want any badge, that way you just go away while you "help" your friend which is happy to get a badge.

PS: The main reason they didn't allow for more than 1 auto-click power is linked to preventing bots and afk leveling.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• People have mentioned the auto click feature, but it is important to note that there is no such thing as auto-attack as it exists in other games.

Auto attack in other games a separate process from special abilities.  In CoX there are only abilities, you can only ever be doing one at a time whether that is brawl or a pool power or a power set power.

In a game like EQ2 a significant portion of your overall damage may come from auto-attack.  You could literaly leave your computer and do nothing while auto attack killed things.  In CoX this will never really be true, to effectively do damage you will usually need an attack chain of at least 3 attacks.

In some ways CoX is more like an action RPG than other MMO rpgs. 

• demented669demented669 Member Posts: 402

best thing to do is use your auto follow button should be F by default if your a melee class or if you are a kinetic defender (i have lvl 50 Kin) you target the main tank and you auto assist him so his target is your healing target or target the main Mob a boss or what ever and if you use a heal power you will heal what it is attacking and you can set up a power on auto by holding ctrl and click on that power in your hot bar a green ring will go around it then when you target somthing it will go off if it is in range so this would be the only "auto" attack this game has that i can think of