Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update

It has been a long long time since I've played Horizons. i remember way back when it first started. Of all the games I played (which are a ton) I found the Horizons to be best developed. There are so many things about the game that I liked, from the excellent crafting to the diversity of the character building. When the exodus hit Horizons I was one of the last to leave. I did come back to the game for a couple of weeks about a year and a half ago, but I did not stay. There just were not enough people online and the lag was still an issue. Since VI has taken over I'm wondering a couple of things.

Would I still have access to my old character if I were too return? Or would I have to start anew?

The biggest issue I had in the past with this game was lag and rendering of graphics over the characters. Can anyone tell me if those issues have improved?

Appreciate it

Comments

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

I had tried the game a few times over the last couple of years, and then played it seriously for a few months last year when the new folk took over. While lag was a huge issue those earlier times, it was much less of a problem last year.

However, there were still performance problems. I had to turn all the graphics settings down to the very lowest settings and could only play for about 3 hours before needing to reboot my machine (to kill the lag). This is not the kind of thing I have to do with other games. It also still takes a ridiculous amount of time for graphics etc. to load when you change zones.

As far as I'm aware you should still have access to your character. They did a login change thing last year - I think it basically swapped your old login name with your email address. Try logging in to account management using both - and you should be able to see your old characters. Unless you played on Unity - that server's gone and those players are stuck at the moment while they try to figure out how to shift them to another server.

As of last year they were planning a plot reclamation. So if you have land and you're seriously thinking about returning, sooner might be better than later. I know I was lucky to snag one of the last lairs last year.

• nomoorlivenomoorlive Member Posts: 2

I think it basically swapped your old login name with your email address. Try logging in to account management using both Unless you played on HUMAN - that server's gone and those players are stuck at the moment while they try to figure out how to shift them to another server.