Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Downloaded and Installed

TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Just installed Plantside.  Played for about 20 minutes on the US East server.

I am a Vet of alot of MMOs but never played a game like Plantside.

Looking to learn the game with help from an outfit (guild) or just some good general starting information.  I joined instant action and lets just say that with the newbie guns, I cant seem to kill anyone.

Oh yea I started a Char on the side that need the most help per the log in screen. (cant remember off the top of my head)

Sooner or Later

Comments

• eveismeeveisme Member Posts: 69

Yea bro its tought to learn...  not as tough as battleground europe but pretty tough.  You got to get certs for upgraded weapons and so forth.  I usally get in game and get the medium cert and that rifel usally can take a few out.  I am not sure of any outfits atm because I am currently not playing it.  Usually if you broadcast in chat or send tells to people they will invite you to a good group of people.  I know though that not many outfits left so if you join one be on your best behavior because if you get kicked you will have a bad reputation and will be tough to get in the other 3 or 4 outfits.  Overall its a good game just takes patience and practice.  Like I said though just broadcast for an outfit and a invite will come your way...  People are not picky at this time line of game.

• nethervoidnethervoid Member UncommonPosts: 531

The best way to 'level up' when you first start out and don't have the skills yet to kill with medium assault is to get in a squad.  You'll get xp for their kills as well.

Best grunt certs when you first start out IMO is medium assault and rexo suit.

nethervoid - Est. '97
    [UO|EQ|SB|SWG|PS|HZ|EVE|NWN|WoW|VG|DF|SWTOR|SotA|BDO]
    24k subs YouTube Gaming channel

• ShoopufzShoopufz Member Posts: 10

And since all the different weapons and equipment might overwhelm a noob, you might want to cert Uni-MAX and get the three different MAX suits. Each empire has their own flavor of MAX, but they each have an Anti-Infantry, Anti-Vehicular and Anti-Air version. Just use the right one for the right fight and they're pretty much point-and-kill units. The only drawback is that they are slow, easily killed by the AV weapons and unless there's someone around to heal you, you'll have a tough time living for more than 2-3 kills at a time (still not bad though).