Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

noob discouraged and confused

Jaan_RJaan_R Member Posts: 2

I have really enjoyed playing Shadowbane so far, but being a complete noob to this genre of game I have no idea what to do next in the game.  I need some help with some of my confusions bc I am getting really discouraged with not knowing what to do at this point.

I am a r4 Elven Sentinal with a Bladeweaver rune attached, however I am extremely weak when it comes to dealing dmg.  I deal around 35-40 on a good day... how can I increase this?? My dexterity is around 87 and my strength is about the same, is this why I can only deal this much dmg?  I am always getting ganked by others around the same lvl and I have no way of fighting back...  I also have trouble surviving a mob for long, I have to run away and sit down after every fight.  So thats my frustration with dealing dmg.

With continuing the game, what do I do??? I realize that there are NPC rune drops every so often, but I have no idea how to find them.  I guess I can continue to find groups of people to go lvl with (but my attack is really weak), and I can't win PvP engagements =/  So I'm kinda unsure what to do at this point.

Sorry to have so many noob questions, I tried reading other posts and looking for guides, but I can't seem to find answers to what I am unsure about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Comments

• jdkskipjdkskip Member UncommonPosts: 120

Your toon is gimped, first of all any Sentinal worth it's weight would not be useing Blademaster, you should of went Hammer and Shield. Numbers should be; str=100+, con=100+, int=120+, dex=35, spt=35. Hope this helps you a bit.

• tripmodetripmode Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by Jaan_R

I have really enjoyed playing Shadowbane so far, but being a complete noob to this genre of game I have no idea what to do next in the game.  I need some help with some of my confusions bc I am getting really discouraged with not knowing what to do at this point.
     I am a r4 Elven Sentinal with a Bladeweaver rune attached, however I am extremely weak when it comes to dealing dmg.  I deal around 35-40 on a good day... how can I increase this?? My dexterity is around 87 and my strength is about the same, is this why I can only deal this much dmg?  I am always getting ganked by others around the same lvl and I have no way of fighting back...  I also have trouble surviving a mob for long, I have to run away and sit down after every fight.  So thats my frustration with dealing dmg.
    With continuing the game, what do I do??? I realize that there are NPC rune drops every so often, but I have no idea how to find them.  I guess I can continue to find groups of people to go lvl with (but my attack is really weak), and I can't win PvP engagements =/  So I'm kinda unsure what to do at this point.
    Sorry to have so many noob questions, I tried reading other posts and looking for guides, but I can't seem to find answers to what I am unsure about.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Strength is USLESS on a bladeweaver! The bladeweave swords use Dexterity only.  With an elf, if you take the right runes at start, you can get your dexterity up to 170 max.  Then you can get another dex rune in game to add up to 40 more points to the max, which gives you a potential maximum of 210 dex.  Every point you get should be put into here, with the remaining going into int and con.

Also, you should train sword and bladweaving well over 100%.

Sentinal isnt the best choice for BW - Warrior, Ranger, Bard, Thief all better IMO.

At this point you may want to consider re-making your toon.  In Shadowbane, it is VERY VERY easy to make a horrible character.  Creating a viable template is tough if you dont know what you are doing.

What server are you on? If you are on Seadron let me know and I can help ya ingame.

• Jaan_RJaan_R Member Posts: 2

I'm on the Thurin server, but thanks for the offer anyway!  I guess I am going to take your advice and remake my toon, lol its kinda disheartening to know I screwed it up =/   So to pursue the bladeweaver I need to boost sword and dexterity as much as possible and not worry about strength at all, correct?

Also, how do I get another bladeweaver rune? Someone was nice enough to sell me one, but I would like to get it myself this time if possible... 

Thank you guys for the help, I will most likely have more questions in the future so I don't screw up again =D

• tripmodetripmode Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by Jaan_R

I'm on the Thurin server, but thanks for the offer anyway!  I guess I am going to take your advice and remake my toon, lol its kinda disheartening to know I screwed it up =/   So to pursue the bladeweaver I need to boost sword and dexterity as much as possible and not worry about strength at all, correct?
    Also, how do I get another bladeweaver rune? Someone was nice enough to sell me one, but I would like to get it myself this time if possible... 
    Thank you guys for the help, I will most likely have more questions in the future so I don't screw up again =D
    The bladeweaver toon drops off off of a mob, and it spawns every few hours.  The information is here:

http://www.mordkessel.com/wiki/mediawiki/index.php?title=Bladeweaver

Yes, if you are using the bladeweaver swords, str is useless.  They are called T’lanarion Swords, you can buy them at sea dogs rest.  They require 100% sword skill (there are lower level ones too, forget what they are called),

Also, the above poster is right, you really really need to join a nation or a guild - it is a very tough game to solo.  If you want to remake your guy on Seadron you can join us!  We'll even help you get a BW rune.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin