Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a MMORPG that fits my needs

warlord66777warlord66777 Member Posts: 2

I need a game where u can stroll down the quite streets of a little village...

I need a game where u can build your own house in a little village if i wanted too...

I need a game where i can choose to be peacefull or be a heroic warrior...

I need a game where you can talk to friendly NPC's (non-player characters) in the little village...

I want a game where u can make a living as a lumberjack, or a blacksmith, or a fisherman

If u cant tell that i need a little village where u can build a house, talk to friendly citizens, and make a living being a lumberjack, or a blacksmith, or a fisherman then somthings wrong with you  

Please help me (there can be more to the game than just the little village- lol)

Oh and btw I dont want a game that isnt free...

AND if u tell me to try runescape then ill punch you in the face!!

Comments

• RajaiRajai Member UncommonPosts: 331

...Mabinogi

Trump 2016

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Hrmm....

The only game I can see that would somewhat fit what your looking for is possibly Vanguard. Its a bit like EQ and UO, where you can pretty much just be a crafter, build a house, chop trees, etc. You can also be a warrior (crafting/adventure are 2 separate spheres out of 3 total, third being Diplomacy which fits your wanting NPCs to talk with) Your character can be all 3 spheres at the same time, so you can switch up between each whenever you feel like it.

Its not a free game, and i dont think there is a trial out yet. It had/has some issues, but give it a look and see if its for you.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• warlord66777warlord66777 Member Posts: 2

ok thanks ill look into it

• MarleVVLLMarleVVLL Member UncommonPosts: 907

Wurm Online for sure.

Blessings,

MMO migrant.

• EvilsamEvilsam Member UncommonPosts: 200

Originally posted by fyerwall

Hrmm....
    The only game I can see that would somewhat fit what your looking for is possibly Vanguard. Its a bit like EQ and UO, where you can pretty much just be a crafter, build a house, chop trees, etc. You can also be a warrior (crafting/adventure are 2 separate spheres out of 3 total, third being Diplomacy which fits your wanting NPCs to talk with) Your character can be all 3 spheres at the same time, so you can switch up between each whenever you feel like it.
    Its not a free game, and i dont think there is a trial out yet. It had/has some issues, but give it a look and see if its for you.
    Did they improve it enough to run on a computer that cost less than $5,000.00??

I had to quit beta just before release,my machine would only actually let me play with every setting at the lowest.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by Evilsam

Originally posted by fyerwall

Hrmm....
    Did they improve it enough to run on a computer that cost less than $5,000.00??

I had to quit beta just before release,my machine would only actually let me play with every setting at the lowest.

Last time I played it ran fine on my system, C2D 3.4ghz, 4 gigs of ram, 8800GTS 1920x1200 on high settings. Heard they added raids and such now, so not sure about that.

Only thing thats changed for me since then was switching to a GT when my GTS failed.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

Vanguard also runs fine on my computer:
    AMD Athlon 3800+ (2.4GHz)
    1GB RAM
    Nvidia 6600GT 128MB
    1280x1024
    I don't entirely remember the settings I used, but they were no less than medium, possibly high.

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• mahierl2005mahierl2005 Member UncommonPosts: 94

Vanguard will now run on medium on a lackluster system / average system with 1gig + ram and any old 128mb video card. Not saying it'll look gorgeous, but it will run fine. Most of the time ;)

• rejadrejad Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by Rajai

...Mabinogi

That's got everything the OP asked for but having your own house, as near as I can tell from the closed beta.

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679

Frontier 1859. This game is still in a very early stage, but you might could consider reading through the FAQ.

• TeiraaTeiraa Member UncommonPosts: 447

Even though not free, Lotro has everything you mentioned, except fishing, which will come in the next update (in about 2 months).

You can live a quite peaceful life as hobbit in the Shire or whatever.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

• BACONXBACONX Member UncommonPosts: 253

Vanguard sounds like your cup of tea. It has what you are looking for. The only problem might be population due to the population being around 40K total. But try it. Think about it, you can be a crafter without adventuring. A diplomat as well. Let us know what you think when you do try it.

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679
    Originally posted by Godliest

I lol-ed on this one!

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Its gonna be Vanguard.

But guess what, you have to pay for a decent game so stop being a cheap-skate.