Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pitching an MMORPG idea.

mmo-a-holicmmo-a-holic Bonita Springs, FLPosts: 6Member

I have a couple questions regarding the title

1. Who would a person/group of people go to in order to pitch an idea for a mmorpg? would they go straight to a company, or use an intermediary?

2. Would anyone even listen? I'm only 18, I'm sure thousands of people have ideas for MMOs, why would they listen to some kid?

3. Is it worth my time? Say I did get the name of a company to propose to, would it be worth my time and effort to write up a good proposal, one that clearly illustrates the concepts and ideas I have?

4. Don't ask me for my idea, I've told several people the basic outline (not all close friends) and they all said its a pretty cool sounding game.

Thank you guys for reading, and thank you even more for those of you who respond (negative or posative).

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Oklahoma City, OKPosts: 2,383Member

My new Game Informer Magazine suggests a book called:

The Ultimate Guide To Video Game Writing and Design by Flint Dille & John Zuur Platten

The write-up on it says:

Have you always wanted to get into video game development but felt like you needed a little guidance? If only there were some ultimate guide to writing and designing video games. But wait, there is! Authored by the writers of The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, this book provides useful tips on witing dialogue, presenting your ideas to developers and publishers, and creating a design document.

$19.95 @

I doubt your idea will go anywhere, not that I assume it is a bad idea, but if you are serious you might look for guidance from those that came before you.

Also, in answer to question 3, it is never a waste of time to do a good write-up. Just make sure to make a copy for yourself. This allows you to fine-tune your ideas, get something solid down on paper, and gives you good practice in this sort of thing.