Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is this an S.O.E games thats worth playing ?

yayitsandyyayitsandy Member Posts: 363

???

Comments

• GDMenaceGDMenace Member UncommonPosts: 156

Whether its worth playing is subjective; you can download the client and play two weeks for free. Although, if you enjoy it, most people will tell you thats in spite of SOE rather than because of them.

• OpticaleyeOpticaleye Member Posts: 498

Wait for it...wait for it........

Any second a hater will post here.

What is your physical limit?

• xMarsxMars Member Posts: 61

playing PS for over 4 years

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

i played it a couple years, i left just due to fad of mmo's but still i will say that i have some of the best memories in that game, i can actually look back and go "good times"  i cant get that nastalgic vibe in mmos like World of Warcraft and some of the other MMOs going around, despite the fact that i played WoW for ayear when it first came out, i dont look back and say, good times, even tho it was enjoyable. but honestly if u like FPS action and think the idea of it in a MMO with epic ZERG battles sounds too good to be true... than Planetside is ur game. ( i still contemplate going back again once in a while ) wish they could make Planetside 2

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

When PS first hit, it was sweet. Now after all these years, and even when I still played, I am not sure now.

Great memories from this game though...

...just not sure it holds up.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• MeradinMeradin Member Posts: 8

I´m trailing  it atm and having a blast.

good fun and nice friendly players.

there are some issues with hacking i been told but then again what game doesnt.

still havnt noticed any of it (could just be that im cannonfodder for the most part anyhow.)

u will never see goldfarmers -no money ingame only exp and skill(certification points) that u use to get bigger guns, cars,tanks,gunships and so on

graphics are old but u dont lag alot due to fps

granted its a soe game. not to found of em myself but the fun i´m having  counters that.

population is an issue during some hours for sure (looks to be more players on the US side then the European server too. still fun on both but not the same big mayhem fights.

played on werner (Europe) and eastcost US(dont remember name)

• cabal001cabal001 Member Posts: 166

no.

arguing with a corporate fanboi is like teaching special education.
    even if you teach him something...at the end of the day he's still retarded.

• Shifty360Shifty360 Member Posts: 629

Yes this is an SOE game actually worth playing.

Planetside was a fantastic game, with a great community when I played a year or so ago.

The only downside is that there may not be the numbers there once were. 

Nice players though, find a good outfit and you will love it. (p.s. get Ventrillo or Teamspeak)

• GDMenaceGDMenace Member UncommonPosts: 156

Originally posted by Shifty360

Yes this is an SOE game actually worth playing.
    Planetside was a fantastic game, with a great community when I played a year or so ago.
    The only downside is that there may not be the numbers there once were. 
    Nice players though, find a good outfit and you will love it. (p.s. get Ventrillo or Teamspeak)

This is true. What I wouldn't do for SOE to bring back the reserves program for awhile. All in all, though, its not a huge issue. You'll never log on and not find any action. Even at 5:00 am on a Wednesday you'll find a fight somewhere. Really, the only way the population will bother you is if you've experience the population in its prime. Otherwise you won't even notice anything.

Also, Shifty is right about getting in a good outfit. That is without question one of the first things you should do as a rookie. If you're playing on Emerald:

For TR - Dark Skyes or Virtual Hitmen

For VS - GOTR or DARK

For NC - Battalion or Blue Lions

• WakkazWakkaz Member Posts: 10

I've never played this, even though i was playing Infantry and remember hearing about SOE releasing this game called "Planetside".

I guess i can try it now, maybe i was missing out.

• blackwolf82blackwolf82 Member Posts: 79

It is probably the only SOE game worth playing... Ironically enough it is choking and dieing because SOE is busy smothering it with a pillow. "holy crap a game that is good! quick kill it! divert players to EQ-like-ripoffs!!!!" The adverstisement for the game has been... well lets just say I haven't seen hide nor hair of Planetside anything since it launched unless I went sniffing for it. Hell I didn't know about it's existance until 5 days before it launched and was only told about it by a friend.

All in all, THE best game I have ever played, MMO or otherwise. I'm probably going to go resub now since I talked myself into it.

• DraGa01DraGa01 Member Posts: 2

Unfortunatly the game is no longer worth playing. It's filled with hackers due to SOE's denial of the fact, and refusal to create anti-cheating tools for GM's to use.

Not only is Planetside SOOO easy to hack and create cheats to use online for, but SOE's customer disciplinary system does NOT allow a GM to ban a hacker unless the GM actually witnesses them doing so.

Thus, all someone has to do is add ALL the GM's for Planetside on their friends list to see when a GM is on. If none are on, they hack like their mother told them to, and with SOE's customer banning policy, that play can be reported over 100,000 times and NEVER be banned as long as they evade the GMs. This is also made easier considering a GM is almost NEVER on unless an event is planned.

Before some of you go off on a rant about this, no....they cannot hide from the friends list. It's also very easy to build a list of ALL current GM's ingame. Several lists are provided on hacker community sites for Planetside, and the 2nd way is to search in Planetside's player database for "GM", "Head GM", "Lead GM", "DEV", and you find EVERY CSR for Planetside that has the power, or round about power, to ban a player for hacking.

-DraGa

• blackwolf82blackwolf82 Member Posts: 79

Drag I happen to know that you are full of it.

First off before I left PS, they had just patched the game with one patch that completely disabled most of the popular hacks of the game, then put in a hack detector that automatically banned player IPs. The first patch caused an uproar in the hacker community while everyone cried on the forums that their toys weren't working.