Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I dont get you

2»

Comments

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Another month or so, and the game is history  anyway. Once the lawsuit is finished, so is DnL. and we can all finally say good-bye to the travesty.

LMAO! Nah, knowing these guys, they will continue their bs charade and continue to send bs to this site. But in the meantime, guess we can all laugh at the ridiculous posts and just think! A few months from now, we can look back at allllllllll these fanboi posts. The fun just continues!!!

• agh50agh50 Member Posts: 124

Hmmmm,

I need to get this clear in my mind:  

Am I to be considered a 'fanboi' , a 'shill',  (and is 'shill' the dictionary definition, or one of your own creation?), or merely misguided?    And, ( just so I'll know), which is a worse pejorative?

BTW, what exactly is a 'hateboi'  (just so I'll be able to tell)

• Originally posted by agh50

Hmmmm,
    Am I to be considered a 'fanboi' , a 'shill',  (and is 'shill' the dictionary definition, or one of your own creation?), or merely misguided?    And, ( just so I'll know), which is a worse pejorative?

what makes you think anyone would even single you out? Or even care to?

• agh50agh50 Member Posts: 124

I merely thought that  "allllllllll these fanbois"  was allllllllll inclusive.

• AtriousAtrious Member Posts: 49

I dunno where to begin......

after a month i went to the DnL site to try and cancel my account, there of corse was no way to do so. So i cancled my subscription to that stupid billing thing they used, But then thats where the emails started, DNL kept asking for 14.99.

Lol later after emailing DNL a few times they stated they were changing my account to the free account so that i may come back and check the game out at a later date, lol they then added another 14.99 to the emails they kept sending for adjusting the acount lol, they charged me for them switching the account, instaed of cancling it like i had Asked.

Now onto the gameplay.... The GFX were ok in some area's and absolutely terrible in others. The animations were probably the worst i have ever seen. Naming of the creatures was a joke, and Quests were non-existant and all bugged at launch.

One thing they got right was the sense of Freedom... Hang gliding over the landscape was breath taking at times, even finding some old ruins and being able to swing around to check them out was neat. But the game was doomed from the get go.

No amount of Voting or review bolstering is going to save this game....  I'll admit i was hyped to high hevan when i first found this game... And was severly dissapointed by it.

So to sum DnL up.

It's a Living Abortion

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Originally posted by Housam

hahah your joking right...or do you work fo dnl :)

The OP may be wrong but still....

Don't ever use that insult again. It is the forum equivalent to a child's  'your epidermis is showing'; it makes you look immature rather than the poster. I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying....don't use that insult again, in any game for any reason if you want to be respected.

• Originally posted by Zorgo

Originally posted by Housam

hahah your joking right...or do you work fo dnl :)

The OP may be wrong but still....

Don't ever use that insult again. It is the forum equivalent to a child's  'your epidermis is showing'; it makes you look immature rather than the poster. I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying....don't use that insult again, in any game for any reason if you want to be respected.

huh?

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by agh50

Hmmmm,

A fanboi is someone who will deny any faults regarding the game he/she plays, no matter what proof to the contrary is presented.

A hateboi would be the opposite. Someone who will completely criticize a game with no knowledge of the game beforehand, or for the simple reason they don't like it.

A shill is a term that goes back a long ways, in regards to corporations, stores, vendors, or even street hustlers, who gather potential customers around them and then have a buddy or buddies working with them pretending to be just another customer proclaim how great the product is.

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

I hate to make comments like this, but the OP's post is a smoking pile of poo.

And I only say this because these forums are a very good resource for mmo players to learn about mmos they haven't played. I've personally found them to be invaluable.

I only tried DnL twice - and the last time was about 6 months ago. But let's get real.

Vanguard v DnL...

Both games made a lot of promises they didn't deliver on - they have this much in common.

Vanguard hit the shelves essentially as a paid late-stage beta. But there was an open beta before that, and everyone knew the real state of the game before it hit the shelves and people parted with money. DnL took money from players for SoG, claiming it wasn't the actual game, that all was proceeding smoothly towards release etc. etc.

Vanguard was forced into an early release by Sony, true, but DnL committed blatant fraud.

Vanguard was buggy and incomplete, but it was still vastly superior to DnL.

Billing errors happen? The kind of billing errors that occurred with DnL are practically legendary in the mmo community. Good luck trying to convince anyone otherwise.

You're clearly a fan of the game and want it to succeed. Fair enough. I think most of us would be deliriously happy if they ever turned DnL into what it was originally promised to be. But asking people to give the game a second chance isn't smart - unless the game is right now at this very moment in a decently playable state. Consumers are notorious for not giving products second chances.

Rather than throwing more poo at us (trying to claim DnL has been 'unfairly' treated), tell us how the game has actually been improved since launch, if indeed it has.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by Azure77

Dark and Light today is a good title , its better in than EQ2 , and the same state if not better than Vanguard. Every game released since 2001, has been in a beta state, with numberous bugs and problems.
          DDO shipped with 40 hours of game play , LOTR took 3 weeks or less to reach cap. SWG cut 90% of content, had a crappy sandbox design and low player count for a while. Matrix Online shipped with 25 hours worth of content , Vanguard shipped in alpha , Shadowbane shipped with more bugs than motel 6.
           You give these guys a bad rep because they lied or maybe only told half the truth? Look at the past , everyone has done that has made a massively online rpg. Hell I dont see any of you jumping on Sega for ruining the Matrix storyline , I dont see any of you bashing Square for shipping Wings in an major alpha state. I dont see how you cant give D&L a second chance or some breathing room to grow.
          Where the hell where you guys when DDO shipped mostly incomplete?
           Billing errors happen , look at Square if you disconnect for whatever reason mid month you get charged next month for 2 whole months. Codemasters has made billing errors too , Paypal makes errors daily when you cash the shop.
          Yahoo Games , while not a mmorpg company , bill thier Gamers with a certain birthday 3 times in month and still havent fully refunded the extra. Thier appeals process takes months to solve.
              Stolen code , reports of employees created content.. Hello , this happens everyday in the software business. Determining who, when and how the code was developed is totally one sided, nobody speaks the truth on stolen code or misused code.
            Look at the history of Microsoft , look at the history of Lineage 2 , numberous examples of he said, she said in the business. Nobody but the players involved know anything for sure , and all them will lie. Its not good to take anyone's side.
           Anyhow you should give the game a fair shake. Its not as bad people are saying , its got alot of good points.

Wow, what are you smoking and can I have some? It wasn't the bugs, it wasn't the lack of promised content,.... It was the LIES, SCAMS, and outright FRAUD perpetrated by the so called developers of the abomination known as Dark and Light. Some things NEVER deserve a second chance.

"The Nazis did some things wrong in Germany in the 30s and 40s but come on,  what political party doesn't make a few mistakes. You allies need to give them some breathing room so they can grow and improve. So lay off-em!" --->

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...