Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie Hints - and how to install and start this game

rjtalbotrjtalbot Member Posts: 1

I know this isnt the support forum for this game, but this may help some people who installed the game and are saying 'wtf?!'  As of this writing, the latest version of the game is 1.17.

Newbie Hint 1:  You have to download the full game installer AND the patch under it on the Free Trial page in order to get the game to work even though the installer and the patch say they are the same version.  The author of the game recently moved the server and the patch properly connects to the new server address--the full client does not.

Newbie Hint 2:  Once you create a trial game account and pick a user name and password, you'll need to copy the client.cfg file from the program's "saved" folder into the program's root folder under "Program Files".  If you dont, the "viewer" or main 3D part of the application cant load.  This will make it appear that the game doesnt start properly.  You also have to copy the client.cfg file ANYTIME you modify your settings from the "client" application window.  This includes enabling TrackIR or Joystick support.

Newbie Hint 3:  This game absolutely requires a joystick.  It says it can be played with a keyboard, and that is true while driving ground vehicles, but having a joystick with a throttle access will make driving far easier and it is ESSENTIAL for flying the VTOL aircraft!

Newbie Hint 4: The tutorial on the game's wiki page on towing other vehicles using the T-120 is inaccurate.  Loading a vehicle involves dragging the vehicles scan entry under the Organizer into your VEHICLE button on the right side of the display.  This may sound cryptic to some people who have never seen the game, but it makes more sense when you get in there and see for yourself :)

So far this seems like an "interesting idea" MMO.  It claims to be a MMO sim rather than a game.  Again, interesting idea and full of ambition.  At the moment, I'd place it in an eccentric category of games that includes A Tale in the Desert and Roma Victor--a bit like an ugly dog that you need to learn to love but can be satisfying to those that appreciate its finer points :)

Good luck!

XM/RJ

Comments

• barpbarp Member Posts: 3

Sure wish i could play again but the server is down :(

• NobleNinjaNobleNinja Member Posts: 4

I decided to take a look at this game because it seemed a bit different and off-beat. I downloaded the client and patch, but after reading your helpful hints I have still not been able to log in. It will just hang on the installer and do nothing. I am running a high-end Vista comp. Perhaps it is a Vista issue, but if you happen to have any other ideas on what I can try I would appreciate it. Thanks.

• RageMonsterRageMonster Member UncommonPosts: 120

Developer hint 1

If you need a degree in computer programing to install the game you will not have many people playing it.

• charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

Hi just wondering the game does have a good style gameplay to it but why do the graphics look like thay where made on a commador 64.