Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Account Activation

mackdawg19mackdawg19 Shiloh, ILPosts: 841Member Uncommon

Was thinking about buying this game and have a quick question. I played the beta of LOTRO. I went to the turbine account page earlier, and it showed my beta account still being there. If i buy the game and activate it will that account have my beta character or no? Im hoping for a yes here, but nonetheless he was only 15, so it wouldnt be a setback or anything. Anyone know?

Comments

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi St. Louis, MOPosts: 1,835Member

I have no idea.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• seabass2003seabass2003 Medina, WAPosts: 4,144Member

If it was the open beta I would say yes. If it was the closed beta then no.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• Darth_PeteDarth_Pete JoensuuPosts: 559Member

Answer is NO.

They deleted all the beta characters.

• dragonacedragonace Menahga, MNPosts: 1,185Member

Originally posted by mackdawg19

Was thinking about buying this game and have a quick question. I played the beta of LOTRO. I went to the turbine account page earlier, and it showed my beta account still being there. If i buy the game and activate it will that account have my beta character or no? Im hoping for a yes here, but nonetheless he was only 15, so it wouldnt be a setback or anything. Anyone know?
    The only time the Beta characters carried over to the live game was if you pre-ordered before the game went live.  Your Beta characters are no longer available.

Getting to level 15 is a pretty quick process though, and depending on the area you start in quite a bit has changed since Beta; so it'll be good for you to go through the beginning again anyways just to see it.

• summitussummitus TimbuktuPosts: 1,414Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by mackdawg19

No I'm 99 % sure that your character wont be there I know I was in beta and my character was gone well I got my Lifetime sub