Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hellgate question...

Is hellgate anything like normal diablo and diablo 2

Kingdom Hearts ---- Best Single Player Game Ever Made.
Here are the MMO games I have played/tried:
Runescape, Silkroad, Xiah, Hero, Rakion, Diablo 2, Gunz, WoW, Maple Story, Dungeon Runners, Flyff, 9Dragons, Astonia III, Last Chaos, GW:Nightfall, Hellgate London, Knight Online, Perfect World, Thang, and sadly Puzzle Pirates.

Comments

• turnipzturnipz Member Posts: 531

Naw, you run around citys and subways with lazer guns.  Its really nothing like diablo 2 except that you are against hell, but may as well call it doom 4 at that point.

• Shibley911Shibley911 Member Posts: 35

ok thanks a lot, i had a feeling it was like that. Now is it a mmo, or can u still only have like a party of 8 like diablo?

Kingdom Hearts ---- Best Single Player Game Ever Made.
    Here are the MMO games I have played/tried:
    Runescape, Silkroad, Xiah, Hero, Rakion, Diablo 2, Gunz, WoW, Maple Story, Dungeon Runners, Flyff, 9Dragons, Astonia III, Last Chaos, GW:Nightfall, Hellgate London, Knight Online, Perfect World, Thang, and sadly Puzzle Pirates.

• BakoryoBakoryo Member UncommonPosts: 469

Originally posted by Shibley911

ok thanks a lot, i had a feeling it was like that. Now is it a mmo, or can u still only have like a party of 8 like diablo?

Let me explain..

It's nothing like Diablo, at all. You fight demons from hell with lazerguns, beam swords etc with "power" armors. o.o

It's singleplayer mostly with online thingy, people prefer to solo rather than grouping so i dunno about 8 players max.. Uhm, I found the game boring personally :|

The speed of the mole and the power of steel is my weapon

• turnipzturnipz Member Posts: 531

Ya its not an mmo, still a small group.

There is a laggy hub though where everyone can gather, but no one ever does.

• Unicorns_PwnUnicorns_Pwn Member Posts: 427

Mythos may be more  up the diablo like alley than hellgate

Also, I think alot of peoples opinions are formed on the admittedly earlier stages of hellgate post launch. With the 1.0 MP patch the game is quite enjoyable. I've seen very little lag and my ping is generally under  110 which I consider to be quite good. This is coming from an early beta tester that hated the game in beta. Although the playstyle is definitely one of niche tastes these days.

and in the hubs I do meet many people willing to talk or help. I had a guy come to me and give me materials so a crafter could make me a legendary shield

• socrates656socrates656 Member Posts: 142

Originally posted by Shibley911

avoid this game like the plague. Your wasting your time.