Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The Chronicles of Spellborn: Video Dev Diary

MeddleMeddle Kamuela, HIPosts: 696Administrator Uncommon

A new dev diary video has been released this time featuring Romano Molenaar Lead Concept Artist. 

Video Interview Video Dev Diary

The Green District Conception with Romano Molenaar (Lead Concept Artist).

Watch more here.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Comments

• KremlikKremlik CrewePosts: 716Member

Once agian all I can say is: Great artwork :)

Low buget filming ftw, shows you that the money is going into the game not flashy ads

Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!

• vikingpowervikingpower bergenPosts: 16Member

Very nice atwork indeed

• CaldicotCaldicot StockholmPosts: 432Member Uncommon

Errr... so this was supposed to make me interested in the game?

Mission failed!

Another thing... release Q1 '08 ???  LOL

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• ThatimThatim ZeddamPosts: 240Member

Originally posted by Caldicot

Errr... so this was supposed to make me interested in the game?
    Mission failed!

Another thing... release Q1 '08 ???  LOL
    Making a good post failed to.

Mainly because I am curious about what's so funny about a Q1 2008 release?

• U-TurnU-Turn Washington, DCPosts: 164Member

Does anybody really care about this game anymore?  They don't even have a launch date or even a closed beta program.  This game is like Darkfall.

If it does actually launch I predict major failure.  Maybe SOE will help them and pick up the pieces after they crash and burn.

• ThatimThatim ZeddamPosts: 240Member

Originally posted by U-Turn

Does anybody really care about this game anymore?  They don't even have a launch date or even a closed beta program.  This game is like Darkfall.
    If it does actually launch I predict major failure.  Maybe SOE will help them and pick up the pieces after they crash and burn.

If you dont know anything about the game, then please dont talk about it. It is Q1 2008 release date, but the main community is thinking about a Q1 2008 OB and early Q2 2008 release.

They are currently in closed beta phase 3.

And its not like Darkfall.

Yes people are caring about this game more and more. They are starting to marked the game.

So what the heck are you talking about. I think you are clearly trolling, so I also reported you.

Sorry if you are really that bad informed, but I dont think that is the case. I mean not from a Elite member.

Have a nice day

• U-TurnU-Turn Washington, DCPosts: 164Member

Originally posted by Thatim

If you dont know anything about the game, then please dont talk about it. It is Q1 2008 release date, but the main community is thinking about a Q1 2008 OB and early Q2 2008 release.

Yes people are caring about this game more and more. They are starting to marked the game.

So what the heck are you talking about. I think you are clearly trolling, so I also reported you.

Sorry if you are really that bad informed, but I dont think that is the case. I mean not from a Elite member.

Have a nice day

I am not trolling.  I have not heard anything about this game outside of this ridiculous, pathetic Dev Diary.  There is no way this game is going to be released this quarter on no news.  They don't even have a US Publisher.  I ask again how in the world is this going to be released this quarter?

Sorry if the facts are this game will go the way of Darkfall.  Sorry if you are a fanboy of vaporware.  Show me the beef.  AoC and WAR are showing gameplay vids and real community interaction.  This is not the case with Spellborn.  From the looks of this diary they are still drawing stuff on paper.

Where is the proof that they are in closed beta?  I have been a member of their website for 2 years and people think they only have 1000 beta testers and even that is not confirmed.  How can they have 1000 testers and release a game this quarter?  I was in the Gods and Heroes beta and we had more testers than that.  We all know how that turned out.

Please feel free to challenge my statements.

• DremacDremac Los Angeles, CAPosts: 187Member

To be fair that's also all the WAR devs are showing.

But yeah this is just horrible and certainly didn't do anything to make me interested in Spellborn.  

• KremlikKremlik CrewePosts: 716Member

Originally posted by Thatim

Have a nice day

I am not trolling.  I have not heard anything about this game outside of this ridiculous, pathetic Dev Diary.  There is no way this game is going to be released this quarter on no news.  They don't even have a US Publisher.  I ask again how in the world is this going to be released this quarter?

Sorry if the facts are this game will go the way of Darkfall.  Sorry if you are a fanboy of vaporware.  Show me the beef.  AoC and WAR are showing gameplay vids and real community interaction.  This is not the case with Spellborn.  From the looks of this diary they are still drawing stuff on paper.

Where is the proof that they are in closed beta?  I have been a member of their website for 2 years and people think they only have 1000 beta testers and even that is not confirmed.  How can they have 1000 testers and release a game this quarter?  I was in the Gods and Heroes beta and we had more testers than that.  We all know how that turned out.

Please feel free to challenge my statements.

Actally there HAS been a working demo shown of this game, it featured pvp combat and was running quite well.. plus you have to factor in the company behind this IS NOT a uber big gaint  throwing money at the game to make a simple cash cow they are a small company doing the best they can with their not so unlimited resources the other big names this year have (i'm not saying Mythic and Funcom are making cashcows but it's just to compare).

They always use the dates as tentitive dates NOT strict release dates, they AIM for Q1 if not then it'll be pushed back further, all I can say is that there IS a game there, but I can't go any further as a family member is under NDA..

Plus just to note unlike G&H it wont be dropped for bigger money from a bigger IP, from personally chatting with the devs last time they were here they are very passionate about the game, Spellborn inc are just like FLS and CCP when they first started, granted this game may not be a mainstream runaway hit like  what players expect WAR and AOC to be, but when it does get release those who play it will enjoy it long term these some nice inervention in it.

Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!