Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who here has used their vet trials?

2»

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Originally posted by Suvroc

There seems to be quite a few current subscribers that believe we haven't even been in game for 2 years.
    So my question is who has used either their vet trial or 14-day trial.
    I did.
    Didn't use either, due to limitations on them, and being a vet player i do not want nor need limitation, i've tried the game many MANY times, sometimes for a few hours, sometimes for a couple of day''s,after NGE but always ended up with the same thoughts most vets still speak of, untill i rolled in a complete new toon, started from scratch which has given me 8 months of fun last year, if i didn't have done that i would be in the same boot like most vets here. For me it made a very HUGH difference, doesn't mean it will be for everyone, just my personal experaince.

To be clear i've been back full Trader, with only a tailor not so great untill i mastered it, all the other Trade profs i did very well, made good credits and had lots of fun, especialy with BM which was pretty nice implemented, though i did find out it was TO HARD for the newb type of player or for those that lack patients, it was in fact for me much better then BE/CH and yes i have been master at both back in the day's, only thing that was fun was catching that certain pup, overall CH/BE was broken as using multible pets we almost become GODS whciuh took away a great part of challenge back then. To bad many other things among combat did not atract me after NGE but i did enjoy the combat i could do with my traders cause that really sucked back in the day's espeicaly when CU/NGE hit, i could not even plant harvesters without getting killed bakc then, now that wasn't the problem, i could even attend several hunting party's when i made master trader at Dath/Dant. Also had a toon that was doing entertainer which sort of felt nice especialy due to missing my old TKM skills, as some of those skills where/are now in the Ent branche.

• sadnebulasadnebula Member UncommonPosts: 263

lol yea , i did the same thing started a new guy waiting on the creature handler. Went back over to my main and brought out all my pets. wrong thing to do. I had stuff players were paying stupid amounts for sitting around. over 2 data pads plus the ones that i had just for the house.  the little bunny things , had a be  made lv 60, that in the day did over 500 damage,  my lv 1 rancor, no way I could go on.  I remembered taming some of those rares, hours spent finding them,  then fighting and dieing to get those babys.

I will say swg in the day had the best pet system ever seen in a game, Rest in peace my brothers, we fought the good fight and I shall always remember one of the best gaming experences i've had in more years than i will admit.

I packed em all back up, cause no way they were gonna be turned into a dna strand  or sold.

Mondo Migill  took a last ride on clyde, my lv 1 mount , my 1st mount, made by a friend back in the day.

This is why fanbois, that we can't go back, you can't make these memories in this new swg.

Mondo Migill,   

In through the out door                                                                                                                                                                     

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

I tried all the vet trials.  Each time I went back I played enough to gain a level or 2.  Having done so I will say this:  anyone who tells you the game is vastly different from Nov. 05 is a lying sack of puss.  Theres a lot thats been added since then, but it pretty much  plays the same as before.  Its got the same clunky ass UI that takes you an hour to remap to something thats playable, the way specials are used is still stupid and awkward as hell, the combat is still that quasi-fps abortion and theres still tons of noticeable bugs that effect your game play. 

Its too bad that some of the content they've added, like the noob station, storytellers, and new instances among other things, weren't put into the old game because many people were asking for content like.  But, for me, it still plays almost the same as when I left in Dec. 05, after giving it an honest try for a month.  So between all the trials and the month I played after the NGE hit, I feel I'm pretty qualified to give say that very little has changed.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

There's no need for me to expend a trial.

The NGE is still there

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• RastonRaston Member Posts: 438

what are these vet trials?  I know my account for SWG (which has been canceled for some time now) says something about pending, but I have no idea what that represents.  Does that mean I can fire it up and see how bad the game is beyond the starter area that I've seen with the free trial?

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

Originally posted by Raston

what are these vet trials?  I know my account for SWG (which has been canceled for some time now) says something about pending, but I have no idea what that represents.  Does that mean I can fire it up and see how bad the game is beyond the starter area that I've seen with the free trial?

Yep

• RastonRaston Member Posts: 438

ok, maybe I'll see how badly it really is.  I didn't like the space station at all and the space system...  But I should be fair to how much it sucks (that and I'm not subscribed to any games after this weekend too)