Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Darkfall".. The biggest, most hyped vaporware that ever existed. Atleast "Mourning" and "Dark & Li

Comments

• BladinBladin Member UncommonPosts: 1,089

Originally posted by Killershiver

(meh) there to much evidence theres a game) and its going to release this year or at least go beta
    but ieither 1 there fanboys of another game and DF threatens it , 2 payed to defunk it, or like i said have some serious issue and need a sychologist spelliing ... AKA Dr. PHILL lol
    but hey what do i know, but you can tell who is just someone that impatient or is just trying to cause trouble

This exact post was made 3 years ago.  WE are no closer to any real evidence now.  Why is this year the year, because you want it to be?

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

Journalists who've paid a visit to Aventurine SA's offices in Athens have written up in-depth progress reports on Darkfall's development and their impressions on the latest build of the game has exceeded many of their expectations.

Wasn't it just one journalist? And wasn't this in fact not an accredited journalist at all, but just some dude who happened to once be an an officer in a large player guild? Even I can claim that credential.

Anyway..., this is my understanding. But I admit I could be wrong. I'm not a Darkfall fanatic (yet).

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Originally posted by Fadedbomb
    Ever seen such one-sided, obviously you can only pick these because they sound good, if you disagree with my side this poll makes you sound like a fanboi, poll?

Hmmm, I wonder why I'd be "biased" as you say against "Darkfall"...

Let's see...

- Original 2003 Release Date was posted on the Darkfall website way back in 2001.

- FIVE YEARS after its initial promised release date, they haven't even started a freakin' beta yet and still only have what... ONE movie?!???

- FIVE YEARS after its proposed release date, we still have fanbois like you still foaming at the mouth saying things like "They only gotta tweak this and tweak that and it will start the beta!" {rolls eyes}

- FIVE YEARS after its proposed release date, major retailers like BestBuy and EBGames will certainly give you that strange look like you've lost your mind if you dare ask them if they've heard of this game or if they have a release date in their computers somewhere.

- FIVE YEARS after its proposed release date, the list of mmos in development back then (2001) and the list of mmos in development now (2008) have ALL changed. Only "Darkfall" remains on that list. Hmmmm.

...Shall I continue?

Any sane person would be very skeptical of this games' promises or anything coming from the Darkfall website. Until something concrete can be proven about "Darkfall", we'd be foolish to buy into it in the least bit.

Besides that, my making a poll and stating my viewpoint in my original post will do almost nothing to persuade people and especially fanbois to vote my way. Most anyone who knows anything about this game at all has already long formed their opinion on this particular game and will vote accordingly. I have also provided plenty of options to vote for Darkfall being a great game etc and I haven't put words in those options such as "I'm an idiot and think Darkfall will release later this year and rock the mmo world"

...Furthermore, you as a fanboi of this game are more then welcome to start your own thread with your own poll of the game and provide options for people to vote on "Darkfall". I am willing to bet that the votes will go about the same and that there will be just as many posting in that thread also bashing this game and it's validity

I also didn't put up a poll with answers directed at YOU as a person as you have done against me... I'm really sorry that this thread makes you so angry that you feel the need to place a personal attack poll against me simply because I started a thread and feel differently then you do about your precious game. My poll was against a game, not you personally. Feel your back.... See? I really didn't stab "you" in the back. {winks}

- Zaxx

• AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384

Will the game be released? We don't know. You cannot say that it won't get released but you cannot say the opposite either.

How long was WoW developed? Wasn't it like 7 years? Now, put the amount of features of WoW vs. Darkfall and you will understand that if DF really is under development it needs the amount of years.... and maybe a few more.

There are 4 scenarios: 1. The game will be released and will kick ass.

2. The game will be released and have alot of bugs but gets fixed sooner or later and then kicks ass.

3. The game get released but due to horrible bugs and performance issues the game will get flushed down the toilet, think of Vanguard/Asherons Call 2 (even though Vanguard is still online I doubt it will be online much longer).

4. The game will never get released.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

But we want one developer to take time to develop a MMO. And remember that Razorwax moved and emerged with Aventurine in Greece 2003. Thats when the real development begun. They went from the four man crew to maybe 20. But all DF haters/trolls know this and tryes to talk around that fact. So this game have been in development for about five years now. And thats something there is not much speak about.

So yes, Razorwax wanted a 2003 release of the first DF build. But now im beginning to wich this is vaporware, just to stop hearing the whining from people that cant take the wait. At same time, it was the same whine when woW were in development.

• GuitanoGuitano Member Posts: 208

People flame Darkfall for lame reasons. They cant handle the fact that a true PvP mmo is in the works that does not require you to wear your mom's panties while you play like most of the games out today. Big FKing deal that a game is taking 2 more years to make than the regular 4 to 5. The game was revamped, they moved the studio and had to hire people and so on. One DF fan even got to visit the DF studio just a few months back and even got to play the game. Its good to see that the DF Dev team are taking their time so that in the end they have a very polished real PvP mmo. To the people who flame on DF's time frame calling it vapor and what not..... go play Vanguard if you want an unbalanced broken unfinished pile of crap sprinkles. Ya, ive seen many mmo's flamed for being in the works for more than 3 to 4 years.

So ya... gobble, slurp and burp nubs!

• OrcaOrca Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by Guitano
    People flame Darkfall for lame reasons. They cant handle the fact that a true PvP mmo is in the works that does not require you to wear your mom's panties while you play like most of the games out today. Big FKing deal that a game is taking 2 more years to make than the regular 4 to 5. The game was revamped, they moved the studio and had to hire people and so on. One DF fan even got to visit the DF studio just a few months back and even got to play the game. Its good to see that the DF Dev team are taking their time so that in the end they have a very polished real PvP mmo. To the people who flame on DF's time frame calling it vapor and what not..... go play Vanguard if you want an unbalanced broken unfinished pile of crap sprinkles. Ya, ive seen many mmo's flamed for being in the works for more than 3 to 4 years.

The fact that the dev team keeps the card so close to them, is always what scares the crowd.

I'm one of the fanatics that's afraid this game will never make it past the counter.

Sure I can state some facts why and why not, the game won't get released, or be half as good as it should. But fact is that we know very little about the game, and that was the case with both Vanguard and Dark & Light.

I like the fact they are saying they wont release the game till it is finished. But some day they won't get sponsored anymore, and it will just be a 2nd hand project as DnL has become.

Futilez - Mature MMORPG Community

Correcting people since birth.

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Calling software that cannot be played vaporware is not flaming it.

Originally posted by ianubisi

Actually it is.

Just because you haven't been on the moon, doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

Originally posted by Orca
    People flame Darkfall for lame reasons. They cant handle the fact that a true PvP mmo is in the works that does not require you to wear your mom's panties while you play like most of the games out today. Big FKing deal that a game is taking 2 more years to make than the regular 4 to 5. The game was revamped, they moved the studio and had to hire people and so on. One DF fan even got to visit the DF studio just a few months back and even got to play the game. Its good to see that the DF Dev team are taking their time so that in the end they have a very polished real PvP mmo. To the people who flame on DF's time frame calling it vapor and what not..... go play Vanguard if you want an unbalanced broken unfinished pile of crap sprinkles. Ya, ive seen many mmo's flamed for being in the works for more than 3 to 4 years.

The fact that the dev team keeps the card so close to them, is always what scares the crowd.

I'm one of the fanatics that's afraid this game will never make it past the counter.

Sure I can state some facts why and why not, the game won't get released, or be half as good as it should. But fact is that we know very little about the game, and that was the case with both Vanguard and Dark & Light.

I like the fact they are saying they wont release the game till it is finished. But some day they won't get sponsored anymore, and it will just be a 2nd hand project as DnL has become.

The thing you failed to point out is that the developers aren't doing what they should be doing to satisfy the fanbase. Even other not so known developers have done everything they could to make the community happy whether the game was good or not in its final build. The DF guys are not just holding back by accident, its actually quite obvious, but everyone around here is like drug victims going through denial after they got their drugs taken away.

As for Guitano, not only does he NOT know anything about MMORPGs period (besides looking at the pictures like a lazy 5 yr old that didnt feel like reading) and his vulgar language and thinks hes all high and mighty. Dude id tell you a few bad words and put up my finger at u, but you are no gamer, id have you beat in less than 5 mins so in the words of ppl like you "STFU N00b!!!"

Back to the topic,

DF wont see the light of day or light of a store shelf. Its quite convenient that they STILL havent found anyone to publish the game, if other fools can publish crap like those dumb little cell phone games, im sure DF stands a chance. I feel sorry for all the fans as i do agree it looks like a awsome game, but id rather spend my time playing other games and not glueing myself to this website waiting for more news to come out that wont be different than the usual stuff they have been feeding us since it all started.

Originally posted by gamerman98

The thing you failed to point out is that the developers aren't doing what they should be doing to satisfy the fanbase. Even other not so known developers have done everything they could to make the community happy whether the game was good or not in its final build. The DF guys are not just holding back by accident, its actually quite obvious, but everyone around here is like drug victims going through denial after they got their drugs taken away.

As for Guitano, not only does he NOT know anything about MMORPGs period (besides looking at the pictures like a lazy 5 yr old that didnt feel like reading) and his vulgar language and thinks hes all high and mighty. Dude id tell you a few bad words and put up my finger at u, but you are no gamer, id have you beat in less than 5 mins so in the words of ppl like you "STFU N00b!!!"

Back to the topic,

DF wont see the light of day or light of a store shelf. Its quite convenient that they STILL havent found anyone to publish the game, if other fools can publish crap like those dumb little cell phone games, im sure DF stands a chance. I feel sorry for all the fans as i do agree it looks like a awsome game, but id rather spend my time playing other games and not glueing myself to this website waiting for more news to come out that wont be different than the usual stuff they have been feeding us since it all started.

Dont get mad that I dont play mmo's that hold your hand like you play. I have been playing mmo's since 1998 Ultima Online on my dads account and Shadowbane since release to date. Trust me, I look all the time for the next classic UO, SB style of mmo's. I read my arse off and what I find is that every damn mmo out or in the makes are for sissys who cant handle an mmo like DF. High and mighty? Im just stating the true facts when I post... and yes the truth hurts, like it hurt your feelers. DF will be relased and when it does its going to hurt you since you cant handle real PvP in an mmo. Wusses like  you feel the need to hate on DF for that reason. Go back to dancing on mail boxes in WoW or wait for all the other wuss games on the way out like AoC, WoWhammer, Spellborn and so on.

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

Back to the topic,

Dont get mad that I dont play mmo's that hold your hand like you play. I have been playing mmo's since 1998 Ultima Online on my dads account and Shadowbane since release to date. Trust me, I look all the time for the next classic UO, SB style of mmo's. I read my arse off and what I find is that every damn mmo out or in the makes are for sissys who cant handle an mmo like DF. High and mighty? Im just stating the true facts when I post... and yes the truth hurts, like it hurt your feelers. DF will be relased and when it does its going to hurt you since you cant handle real PvP in an mmo. Wusses like you feel the need to hate on DF for that reason. Go back to dancing on mail boxes in WoW or wait for all the other wuss games on the way out like AoC, WoWhammer, Spellborn and so on.

/golf clap hahaha the thing u failed to mention is that yeah i do play WoW, but my interests lie in FPS games. WoW is just a game i play mainly because i have family that plays it too. And you have been playing MMOs since 98 as well????? *Gasp* Nothing you can say will hurt me tho. I love this amusment on this site from ppl like you that try to tell me about gaming experience LOL, try harder!!!! LOL anyway i said my peace on DF and decided to allow you to amuse me agian. Now back to gaming.

• Originally posted by Orca

Actually it is.

Well I have been on the moon and I can confirm it does not exist.

• VadenVaden Member UncommonPosts: 145

Originally posted by zaxtor99

Originally posted by Sharajat

Are you kidding? They're almost ready to release. They just have to update the game engine...

We've heard that before. Back in 2004. In 2005 and 2006 as well. Just have to adjust minor details.

..Riiiight. Still no release date announced even tho it's "almost ready to release" eh? {winks}

- Zaxx

Fix one bug, cause another bug... repeat. it must be pretty bad for a delay this long. That or they want it perfect before they release. o well.. other stuff to play in the mean time.

Games I've Played: SilkRoad, Flyff, NeoCron, PlanetSide, Rapplez, UpshiftRacer, Drift City, TB, Kwonho, ArchLord, AoA, Exteel, WolfTeam, Shaiyan, WoKF, FFXIV, STO, KoTR, ESO, Defiance, Mabinogi

Games I'm Playing: Warframe/STO

Games I'm Pondering: The Secret World

Back to the topic,

Dont get mad that I dont play mmo's that hold your hand like you play. I have been playing mmo's since 1998 Ultima Online on my dads account and Shadowbane since release to date. Trust me, I look all the time for the next classic UO, SB style of mmo's. I read my arse off and what I find is that every damn mmo out or in the makes are for sissys who cant handle an mmo like DF. High and mighty? Im just stating the true facts when I post... and yes the truth hurts, like it hurt your feelers. DF will be relased and when it does its going to hurt you since you cant handle real PvP in an mmo. Wusses like you feel the need to hate on DF for that reason. Go back to dancing on mail boxes in WoW or wait for all the other wuss games on the way out like AoC, WoWhammer, Spellborn and so on.

/golf clap hahaha the thing u failed to mention is that yeah i do play WoW, but my interests lie in FPS games. WoW is just a game i play mainly because i have family that plays it too. And you have been playing MMOs since 98 as well????? *Gasp* Nothing you can say will hurt me tho. I love this amusment on this site from ppl like you that try to tell me about gaming experience LOL, try harder!!!! LOL anyway i said my peace on DF and decided to allow you to amuse me agian. Now back to gaming.

You play WoW, that says alot... more than you will ever know.

I can see the moon with my own eyes. I cannot see Darkfall with my own eyes.

Show me where I can download it so I can directly observe the game in motion, or show me where I can, in person, watch someone playing it and it stops becoming vaporware.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Show me where I can download it so I can directly observe the game in motion, or show me where I can, in person, watch someone playing it and it stops becoming vaporware.

Damn! you beat me to it

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• KillershiverKillershiver Member Posts: 187

if there was about to lose sponsore ship or there invester because of time taking they would probly go into beta at that point in time just give them this year no mroe features are going in its just polshing now

they wanted prestige clases for release its been cut until after they also wanted head trophys(not something that hard to code or even to put in compared to other things(so right here shows there on a deadline) some what

Youtube.

Problem solved.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

the DEVs have stated numerous times that calling darkfall a PvP game is an understatement.

you have a massive kingdom building mechanic just sitting out there.   someone who goes solely for the ganks will pretty much die in the game it'll only take a few bad kills before you realize you're trapped in this valley and the only way out is a kingdom that has enemied you, perhaps find yourself swimming to the next island or walking a dozen or so KM since all kingdoms in the area have KOSed you.

I'm happy to say that the gankers will not be happy here except for up to a half a KM away from their capital AKA when player kingdoms start sprouting up with alliances that see  your play style as inhibitive to their play style.

this entire game will be 0.0, in EvE you rarely see I'm a piratezzz I get to gankzzz here,  you see you're getting out of our territory or we shoot.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• wjrasmussenwjrasmussen Member Posts: 1,493

I will be suprised if this game comes out.

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Most developer companies have PR employees whose job is to put together information, screenshots, and movies for the fans. Aventerine has a small amount of employees so undoubtedly they do not have the luxury of having an employee dedicated to this sole task. They have even said repeatedly that they would rather put more effort into developing their game rather than taking the time to make videos, newsletters, ect.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• SroekSroek Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by paulscott

the DEVs have stated numerous times that calling darkfall a PvP game is an understatement.
     you have a massive kingdom building mechanic just sitting out there.   someone who goes solely for the ganks will pretty much die in the game it'll only take a few bad kills before you realize you're trapped in this valley and the only way out is a kingdom that has enemied you, perhaps find yourself swimming to the next island or walking a dozen or so KM since all kingdoms in the area have KOSed you.
    I'm happy to say that the gankers will not be happy here except for up to a half a KM away from their capital AKA when player kingdoms start sprouting up with alliances that see  your play style as inhibitive to their play style.
    this entire game will be 0.0, in EvE you rarely see I'm a piratezzz I get to gankzzz here,  you see you're getting out of our territory or we shoot.

Exactly. Calling it another PvP game is a HUGE understatement. It's much more than that, it's a game with an unrestricted, seamless, persistent, immersive, dynamic environment that's waiting for you to embark on your own journey in, where alliances will be forged and enemies will be made, as everyone competes in the struggle for economic, militaristic and political prowess.

Or you can just be a lone survivalist, assassin, trader, drifter, vigilante, thief, con-artist or anything you want. The skills are there for you to choose and any play-style is possible.

• KillershiverKillershiver Member Posts: 187

because i said so NA im just making an educated guess not a fanboys dream wishes lol but we will see if im right

Youtube.

Problem solved.

YouTube != in person

Problem remains.