Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Newsletter Class: Dark Elf Sorceress

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

In December's official newsletter, the folks at EA Mythic published new information on the Dark Elf Sorceress class for Warhammer Online. Today, they have provided us with the assets.

In times of war the Witch King calls upon his Convents of Sorceresses to rain death and destruction down upon the target of his ire. Their magical prowess will blight the warriors of the opposing army, scorch their souls from their bodies and bring ruination and curses aplenty upon their heads.

Sorceress Specialty

Like their High Elf kin, the Dark Elves are innately magical creatures. However, Dark Elf magic users do not commune with the magical energies of the Winds of Chaos and attempt to use them in harmony. Instead they use sheer force of will to bend the Winds to their dark intentions. This form of magic is known as Dhar, or Dark Magic. Dark Magic spells are incredibly destructive and capable of shattering almost any defense. However, this power does not come without a price. If the Sorceress's will falters even a little the unstable power of Dark Magic will turn back upon the caster with a powerful backlash.

Check it all out here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

An interesting idea i wonder exactly how this overpowering of spells will work?

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

eeer this info was released a couple of months ago in the war newsletter

• StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Originally posted by jinxit

eeer this info was released a couple of months ago in the war newsletter
    Yes. That is exactly what the news item and feature both state.

"In December's official newsletter, the folks at EA Mythic published new information on the Dark Elf Sorceress class for Warhammer Online. Today, they have provided us with the assets."

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

• will200will200 Member Posts: 70

I think what he meant to say was why this wasn't posted earlier. Like when the newsletter came out. And, how this was news...

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

Originally posted by will200
    I think what he meant to say was why this wasn't posted earlier. Like when the newsletter came out. And, how this was news...

Well, it is news to people who do not get the newsletters, no?

Anyway, I believe MMORPG.com waits a while due to how the newsletters are supposed to give advanced notice of WAR information, which then is posted to the main WAR website after around a month. I think it is around this time that MMORPG.com posts the updates, and it has always been like this.

So, while it is not news to rabid WAR fans who stay on top of these things, I bet this was still news to most.

• StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696
    Originally posted by will200

The assets were just released to the sites yesterday, and that is when we post it. When the newsletter came out, we posted a news item reminding people. Now we have the information for our records and for people who may not have read it earlier.

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

• SkollSkoll Member Posts: 442
    Originally posted by METALDRAG0N

If everyone is overpowered its not really overpowering.

• RomseRomse Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by Skoll

Originally posted by METALDRAG0N

If everyone is overpowered its not really overpowering.

I think the idea is that as you keep fighting... the more you abuse your strong spells... the more vulnerable you become... and the more you have chances of blowing up...

So basically you start out really strong... as your "power-up bar" ("morale" they call it) goes up... you run the risk of blowing yourself up (taking some amount of damage)... and exposing yourself to become an easy kill.

So really they work like the opposite of everyone else... they don't want to accumulate "morale"... they want to be able to fire the big guns away with no risk.

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/media/flash/Paul-Sorceress-BR1000.html

• ZodanZodan Member Posts: 564

I really like WAR graphics and ideas, but when are they going to release some tanglible information instead of hype?

Makes me a bit worries to say the least.

• CendhariaCendharia Member UncommonPosts: 319

I think as far as "hype" goes...thats pretty much par for the course before the release of any online game..don't you? :)

I wonder how I managed to miss this tidbit of info, i get the War newsletter....humm bet I was too focussed on the Witch Elf to check out the other classes.  hehehe

Now I am going to have to create two characters.    Dark Elf Sorceress sounds challenging......overdo it and your enemies will see your weakness and boom you die.   hehehe

Cend