Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning to all considering or playing this game

Comments

• doodler222doodler222 Member UncommonPosts: 112

• bobbernard12bobbernard12 Member Posts: 7

Shall we try Perfect World for the perfect world?

• kUmaLSkUmaLS Member Posts: 10

try to play a warrior (bhuda skill) i dont know its english version skill but recovers hp

PW ph is more expensive i think but you can see players are at the highest levels

i am an elf priest it only takes me 3 months to reach level 82 but sad to say, im inactive for

the meantime because of my work. but you can do many options in leveling up

if you were born with a golden spoon in your mouth, why dont you try lvl in crafting

grinding is the most easiest style, but there are so many ways to level up

you can try the so called dragon seeking quest, and hunt those loots.

getting bored leads you to no way

why dont try to be a menyak

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    Originally posted by popinjay

ok,
    ShadowZero says some things that are true, but he leaving out SOOOOO much more about what is truly wrong with this game. Shall we examine?
    First off, if you live in the US or Canada, you will have some of the WORST lag youve ever had in your life. You know why? The "English" server is located in MAYLAYSIA. So, given that, if you like PvP or doing the horse races (for prizes that mean something in the game) or generally just exping on mobs: you are gonna be a few seconds slower than all the Chinese players, half of Europe and some Americans and Canadians on proxies. Shadow didnt mention that. There is no, nor wil lthere be a US based server, so you will always be slower for pvp and pve and whatever.
    This game is F2P; but its not. Its a HUGE asian grindfest cashshop game. Meaning, you dont pay a small monthly fee like WoW or EQ2 or whatever. How these asian grinder games get you is really sneaky. Shadow didnt tell you so I will:
    First, you download the "free" game, make a character and get playing. Up until level 30 or so (the game has levels past 100+) you dont need much gear, but after that you need some good stuff. Why? Well, its a asiangrinder, so each mob you kill is only gonna give you maximum .02% of your exp level, no matter how high the mob is. If youre lv30 and kill a lv40 mob.. guess what? .02% exp. No incentive to kill higher even if you can. Kill stuff your level? .01 maybe once in awhile, .02. Thats the reality. You are gonna be here until they put a man on Mars, my friend. Your gear better start getting better around this level, which means you have to buy everything.. healthpots, manapots, weapons, all of it. Now unless you play a Werefox class (kind of a summoner) you are gonna be broke every level, cause after you spend all that money on pots.. (one pot a fight) you have to repair. Its not uncommon for you to blow almost all the money you made grinding on repairs, esp if youre a tank or WR. The only way around this is to, you guessed it, BUY from the cash shop.
    If you dont buy from the cash shop, the Chinese players and European players will wipe your ass all over the map. So, you have to buy exp scrolls to get a decent exp rate (now .03% instead of .02 lmao!) and that costs. Oh, you wanna craft and make good items and not have to depend on luck? Buy a item for that. Oh, the pots arent healing you enough or you run out too fast (each mission youre out of pots) buy a health hierogrph. That little item now costs 260k IN game gold and you cannot buy that item from ANY npc. ONLY from the cash shop, so if you dont spend real dough, you have to hope someone else did, and theyll sell it to you for that ripoff rate. (to make 250k in this game is not easy).
    There is no perfection of classes in this game. A MG will nuke anyone to death except another MG. So wheres that balance? If a MG sees you first, youre dead. There IS no balanced experience parties in this game, Shadow lies so bad. After level, heck, and no time is there any balanced partying except in a TW. Everything else exp wise is get a tank, some mages, buy a stack of hieros (you burn thru them in a day of exp) and mass nuke mobs. Over and Over until you reach level 110 or whatever. Thats your exp. Or, you could run around doing these dumbass DragonQuests, that take at mininum one hour of flying and teleporting around, (no fighting) then you get some exp. This game gives too little exp and then has one NPC that everyone sits at. This npc named Eunice gives you, each day,20% friggin percent of your level just for 5 mins of buying stones, tracking down 1 of 4 or so npcs, and talkig to them, Go back and get 20%. Wheres the fun in that? Shadow does this once a day, but he wont tell you.
    The worst thing, is this game has little place for US players. Why? because all the Chinese own everything, or damn near all of it. There are Territorries that on Delphi, 5 of them are owned by ONE Chinese guild with a crapload of lv80/90 players. So what they do, capture a land, get money from it, then capture more. Its what the game is made for. And soon there will be two big Chinese guilds, then one. And if you dont speak Mandarin, your ass out.
    Not to think this game is a total waste, its GREAT eyecandy. They have the best character creation screen you will ever see in ANY mmo hands down. Thats the truth. The visuals are good in game and it is "free" to play, if you play a Werefox.
    But honestly, if you play this game past level 70 and youre from the US, you have some problems. Theres way more better content made (by the way, this game is called the Chinese WoW.. whats that tell you about the jealousy/emulation of WoW?)
    So to sum up, lag. Lots of it. Chinese players who are gods because they spend their mommies credit cards up to get exp scrolls, dolls for pking (so they dont lose items), hieros, extremely fast mounts (so they win all the races combined with the lag delay youll get), Chinese spam over the channels (hey GM! you no fix this game.. I no cheat,,, i earn that 100 million dollar! you suck GM).
    But hey, like Shadow said. its free.

Actually to make 250k in game is heaps easy and i had over 2 mil in game gold before i was lvl 18 i agree that later in game it does get hard but to be honest with you there are 2 things in item shop that are anygood and that is the hp and mp heiro's the exp scroll is only good when you solo as when you gruop exp is distributed between pty members hence wasting exp scroll and to the fact you said people spend real money to get fast pets? well all pets come out a base level and it is up to you to lvl them up to get them faster so i think that is a waste of a whinge if they have faster pets then you unfortunately that is bad luck on your part the game has alot more to do then just grind try doing dragon quest they get you great exp and bonuses without haveing to fight much at all plus you have eunice in Dragon city that gives the easiest exp in game it may only be once a day but it adds up to more exp every lvl you gain people are always selling cash shop items ingame so there is no need to spend cash in the shop unless you really want to i have not used any real money in this game yet i am currently sitting on just over 5 mil in gold at lvl 66 have just about everything i need from fully stated armour that will last me a further 6 lvl's to my Deity weapon that will last me a further 5 lvl's so if you use your head in this game you can do without the cash shop jsut shop around study the AH sell gear at good profit margins dont be greedy and you will come out on top all the time.

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG

Not really, because you can buy the coins needed for the cash shop in the auction house.

I agree that there is money to be made .

• kUmaLSkUmaLS Member Posts: 10

mr. deb where is your location?

i mean your country

we filipinos plays it ver y different

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170
    Originally posted by sfwtboy

everyone tells you that this game is quest based and all that what they do not tell you is that this game is only quest based until around level 34 (I would know im level 64 on the Delphi sever right now). after level 34 its mostly grind you may get a couple quest per level but that will only get you about 30% and it keeps getting worse at level 64 I takes me with a ex scroll 1 hour to get 10% and that with using heiros to and around level 70 I have many friends at this level its goes down to about 5% per hout now there is an alturnative you can do aoe partys after level 59 and you will around 30% per hour around level 60 the thing is with an aoe party is that you go through 1 heirogram an hour which can get pretty pricey but if you can afford it what the heck I posted this just to inform you that anyone that says this game is quest based is lie I dont hate this game or anything I just feel misinformed and would like others to know

Everyone is different, I hate the linear quest based mmorpgs of today garbage. I prefer to go with a group and make my own adventures.

• DelphianDelphian Member Posts: 192

I quit Perfect World almost 2 months ago (maybe 1.5). I was level 78 at the time and among some of the highest levels in the game (83 was the highest at the time). I live in the U.S. I must be insane.

It did get boring, though.

Money wasn't a problem, to be honest. At that level, in an hour or two of farming high grade materials (even faster with a land mount), you could easily earn one million by selling them in ADC. One million was enough to exchange for approximately 12 cubi-gold at an auctioneer. 12 cubi-gold is enough to purchase you 3 silver fus and 3 mijis. That's 3 hours of AoE grind. Or, you could take the alternative, more conservative approach, and regular grind or FB grind. The fus would last you much longer here, and there would be no use for mijis in FB (which is efficient, too). Even high level FBs are rewarding in exp and loot.

Aside from all that, the game is very repetitive.

The events are fun, territorial wars are fun, PvP is fun... Could be much more enjoyable if you're a PvP freak and appreciate more hardcore PvP (item dropping).

Considering everything, it's probably the best F2P out there aside from Anarchy Online core.

• mahierl2005mahierl2005 Member UncommonPosts: 94

I heard multiple things from multiple people, saying that it was a gfrinder, a quester yada yada.. played it for myself for 2 days and realized that questing was most definately NOT the focus of the game, and quickly moved on to something else.

• xaussxauss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 384

it is a grinder... though the grind doesnt really get bad untill high 60s (because you can and should run lots of FBs (dungeon quests for XP) as well as questing and a bit of farming... though from high 30s you might need to grind a little each level

there are 2 ways to play this game and be 'rich' without being a 'donater' (cubi-gold buyer) or resorting to RMT to buy from goldfarmers

1. be a WF, low pot usage, negligable repair costs, tame rares to sell (dodo bear, kittens etc)

2. farm FBs (dungeons) with freinds over and over for molders (rares) and sell them

btw if it wasnt for the fun my guild has in TW each week - i'd prolly have quit by now... though i feel the time is close

• UnrealevilUnrealevil Member Posts: 14

City of Heroes and City of Villains has amazing customization, so don't say there isn't another game with it...

• TruecidationTruecidation Member Posts: 16

6 months after Popinjay posted, it still holds true. PW looks great (but how long are you going to live on looks, seriously?), but after the initial rush of exploring the world and getting over your level 1-30 honeymoon you'll realise what he said about burning money on hieros is the truth. That doesn't even cover what you spend on repairs.

At least in other grindfests it's actually possible to grind the whole way until the endgame without spending a single dime of real money on item mall / cash shop items. Case in point, Flyff (another mindless asian grindfest). But at least in Flyff you can actually make do with npc-bought hp/mp restoratives (food, refreshers, pills), and they don't really cost much compared to how much you make from loot. PW? Ha, good luck grinding "the old school way" if you're not prepared to burn vast amounts of in-game money on buying hieros from other players. It'll be a long, slow slog, and nobody wants to party with you if you keep needing to rest for mp or buying pots in town. "Everybody" (i.e. all the high level players) knows that the way to go is aoe parties anyway, freeloaders be prepared for long hours of solo grinding.

-

Who cares how a game looks like? Sure, it's nice and awesome to have that much customisation as PW offers, but in the gamescreen zoomed out to see around you comfortably your character's face is maybe all of 20 pixels wide. You're not gonna sit there staring at it's ass all day either. Another beautiful sunset? Another panoramic mountain top view? Yawn, been there, done that. They're nice to look at the first few times, but we don't play these games just to look at the view.

Whoever said the game had loads of complexity and depth (compared to other MMOs) is on drugs. It's the same asian grindfest a,b,c class types with neatly pigeonholed x,y,z "tank, healer, nuker" roles. You want to be different and play a strength-based melee mage, for example? Not happening. Even worse, skill levels are level-capped, so any warrior at level X will always have a max of level Y skill, for example. And people hoped the customisation would extend beyond merely looks... hah.

The "multitudes" of quests are practically ALL of the "visit X npc, kill Y mobs, get Z items" type of quests. And once you're higher level the famous quest npc (Eunice) makes you pay out the wazoo for a daily runaround which gets boring (and have I mentioned expensive?) real fast.

Not saying having loads of quests is bad, but at this point in the evolution of computer games you'd think we'd have evolved beyond the basic "give item X to npc Y". Where are the decisions to make, different quest endings, factions? Nope... just the same old, same old.

PvP? Three words for you, global pk ganking. Sure, there's Territorial Wars, but a couple of top guilds own the server anyway, if you try to run against them you'll only get raped and waste all that hard-earned bidding money. And if you ignore TW, all that's left is dueling and pk, and duelling is basically the same as pk except that it doesn't start with you getting caught with your pants down. If you were hoping for something interesting like tournaments and stuff, nope. Same old azn pk game here, "gank the noobs, hope they fight back so they turn colour, then kill them and see what they drop".

All looks and very little substance. Basically just a shinier version of the traditional asian grindfest. That's not enough reason to play it if you normally avoid those kinds of games.

" In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487

If you like the game, have a job, whats the big deal on spending $15 bucks a month?

I pay subs for 2 games that I have not logged into for almost a year. hehe

• LaneoLaneo Member Posts: 359
    Originally posted by ray12k

I pay subs for 2 games that I have not logged into for almost a year. hehe

Then you are a stupid idiot! lol

Nobody is perfect...My name is Nobody

• LaneoLaneo Member Posts: 359
    Originally posted by Truecidation

6 months after Popinjay posted, it still holds true.
    I am bored because I played it for so long and got burnt out.

Cool, Now the people that want to play it for a bit will get a try, dont let the door hit you on the way out

Nobody is perfect...My name is Nobody

• Raistlin25Raistlin25 Member Posts: 21

Couple of things. First, the International Version is going to be based in the U.S. and Europe. MY version is MY version. International is International. Don't get that mixed up.

Second. The grind isn't nearly as bad as everyone says it is. The grind is considered to be "bad" because you can't hit level 100 in two weeks. I have a maxed out Elf Priest on the Chinese official servers, and it took me about a year and a half. I'm a student, so I can't play too much, but with the higher end instances and the proper gears the game grinds like Ragnarok Online.

On the Chinese servers, there are several daily quests as well as a weekly worth of 2x EXP for five hours. If the International/U.S. versions impliment these, then I don't think it's bad at all. In addition, there are weekly based events for rares and etcs, so I honestly don't see the point of saying it's a grindy game. You want to see grindy? Try out Lineage 2, Ragnarok Online, Rappelz, FlyFF, FFXI, RF Online, and SoTN.

• TrucidationTrucidation Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by Laneo

Cool, Now the people that want to play it for a bit will get a try, dont let the door hit you on the way out

So how's the game holding up? After all the smart people left seeing how it's just another tired old pk clone? Sorry I locked the door on my way out, don't breed to much with the other guys in there.

" In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "

• SiegeLordSiegeLord Member Posts: 16

LOL.

That poppin something guy really got things mixed up. THIS is Perfect World International, not some MY version. Servers are in the united states, both east coast and west coast.

Grind: comes into scene at lvl 60+, when if you do ALL your current lvl quests you cannot get more than 40% exp for the next lvl. However, there is a repeatable grind quest that gives you a celestial stone and reputation points based on your lvl. And THAT makes your grinding wayyyy easier and profitable, plus that grind is the main cash source in the game. PWI devs aren't stupid here.

Also, 60+ grind, yea, but after 60+ you get to go to Twilight Temple(TT), baby, which is a very hard team based quest in a special location, to kill some hard mobs and the TT bosses for high rewards. The exp gain from those quests is awesome.(period).

What, you still don't like it?

After 75+, you fet to go to Frostland, another special place that gets you even more rare materials and even more exp.

After lvl 60 or so, the characters are developed in such a manner that allows the set up of  "zhen" teams: aoe grinding teams: one cleric heals and protects with "bubble", an archer or wizard cast aoe skills in one stationary place, and one barbarian or blademaster lures pack of mobs into that place to get them killed. Ta-da: fast exp. The cost: a charm worth 400k coin, which can be raised in like 3 hours of normal grind or if you zhen properly, the team can almost get back the cost of their charms from the mobs they just killed in the process.

Also, you can participate in other people's FB's, which gives you great exp and reputation.

So yes, grind in this game IS present but you have formidable weapons against it. Don't be lazy, use them. Other games give you squat.

e5200 oc@ 3,7GHz - plays any game. If you need a quad core, you must be a solitaire junkie.

• oreo_blastoreo_blast Member Posts: 2

Im not Sure how people encounter this Grinding at level 30-40's. It bewilders me , i am lvl 66 and i just ran into my first EVER grinding to obtain the of getting to the next level. I can never really ever give a valid time when i ever had to grind with the purpose of leveling up. I do however grind for the monies :) cuz i does not enjoy being poor. hehe

I have how ever said in a previous post, There is a quest you get that you may do once a day to gain a nice amount of EXP a day. AND if you do neglect this you will encounter grinding to level. But maybe Class might have something to do with that. But i would not knock a game because it might take some extra work to level. :)

• VrazuleVrazule Member Posts: 1,095
    Originally posted by Ravens0ul

Suggest an alternative MMO to PW, that is also free.

I'm not a fan of F2P games, just because they're designed to rip you off in order to have fun and progress.  The only one that I've tried that was half way decent that really offered optional cash shop items is Runes of Magic.  You can get the majority of the items in the cash shop in game, they're just harder to get, take longer to get and may not look as cool.  Leveling is okay, not as fast as WoW, but not as slow as EQ.  You never run out of quests and it's pretty solo and group friendly.  It's a good well, rounded game, but nothing exceptional other than it being the best F2P I have every tried.

I still prefer P2P games and I'm looking forward to Star Wars The Old Republic.  I'll play Runes when I'm really bored and need an online fix as I refuse to support any of the sucky P2P games out there currently.  I'm still waiting for a casual game that doesn't have any hardcore elements to it at all and isn't childish like Free Realms or Wizard 101.

With PvE raiding, it has never been a question of being "good enough". I play games to have fun, not to be a simpering toady sitting through hour after hour of mind numbing boredom and fawning over a guild master in the hopes that he will condescend to reward me with shiny bits of loot. But in games where those people get the highest progression, anyone who doesn't do that will just be a moving target for them and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay money for the privilege. - Neanderthal

• DeroldDerold Member Posts: 2

ok I see that this thread was started last year.

I am a new player in the game and am enjoying the eye candy right now.  I have been playing LastChaos (my first MMO) and it can't compete in that area.

I have read all the posts in this thread and noticed one thing I feel I can comment on without getting burned 8*) .

chatting:

I like to play "friendly" characters.  in other words I see someone on my screen I send a greeting.  Usually a generic howdy.  I do not expect a reply but it would be nice if at least one a day said something back.

I believe the problem is with the chat system itself. 

A. There is no settings to direct text to chat window as a default. 

B.  There is no keyboard shortcut to select chat text area.

Edit: The keyboard shortcut is the <Enter> key.  Press once to focus, press again to unfocus.

C. The text enter box releases cursor as soon as enter is input.

D. Message length is not enough for a short explanation, it is barely long enough for a sentence.

now I may be in the middle of a battle when I see someone run by, I have to change focus get mouse to text box (better not miss or you might be dead) type greeting, and they are gone, then hit enter.

Their wisper chat could use some work as well 8*).

But I believe a more user friendly chat enviroment would help with the lack of conversation.

but like I said still new and I may or may not get used to the enviroment.

mean while, happy hunting all... and sorry for spelling.

PS. like the edit option on these posts 8*)

just having fun

• x10122007x10122007 Member Posts: 60

I wouldn't know about any leveling issue simply because I haven't gotten that far yet. But right now, I'm enjoying myself and I've played a lot worse games than this. For example, I used to play Fiesta where the quests were enough to get you to level 20 in one day. But then, by 55, you were doing repeats all day long and they were horrible. The 50's, in general, were awful.

"Kill 120 Prisoners."

Alrighty...now do that 5+ times. And deal with KSers and pulling aggro from the wrong mobs along the way. Ouch.

There are enough good things about PWI for me to continue just to see how I handle it since I'm already used to spending hours upon hours upon hours grinding daily to the point where your wrists hurt. >.<

• AlbosAlbos Member Posts: 132

I quit pwi at level 54 cleric not because grinding i can bear with grinding but because this game is laggy more then any game out there, I have gameing PC and 30mb download/ 10mb upload internet. How I see lag? any skill you use or even when you die you see things happen after 2-3 seconds ... for example i have 30% hp left in my screen but in reallity im dead, or i hit a skill i see the animation for it 2-3 seconds later so thats what made me go away from game also in the main city so many bazaar and people that you're laggy like hell.