Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game review from a 1 year member

PinkwafflesPinkwaffles Member Posts: 1

Lets just start off with the basic pros and cons.

PROS: Active gameplay (you dont press a button and wait for a skill, you jump around attacking), levels of all kind, a wide ammount of items avalible in the cashshop.  Total PROS: 3

CONS: Getting ks'ed constently, bad economy, lots of hackers, if you dont have cashshop you are poor, bad charecter models and customability, bad economy, immature players, lag in certan maps, and LOTS of spam, long download, bad economy.     Total CONS: 11 (counting economy 3 times ITS THAT BAD)

The game has a LOT of immature money spending brats. Alot of hackers who go to a low populated map, fly hack, demi hack, vac hack and repeat.

THE ECONOMY IS SERIOUSLY HORRIBLE, there is something called gacahpon, it costs $1 for 1 token and you must order in $10's (last I checked) there are very crappy items that you will get 'bout 1/50 times. Thats $50, and there are people that spend $100+ and get VERY rare items. Then they go to the market and say I have 6 out of the 7 ones, I will raise the price 300mil. The average monster drop till about 35 is about 10-50 mesos (the currency) and items from gacha can range from 1k-150m+. Its really a matter of spamming cashshop.

It is very easy to get addicted, this is coming from someone who has been addicted.

Leveling is seriously HELL. In the start there is about 50+ noobs running  around kill everything, then theres a hacker that doesn't get off all day and the GM's dont do anything.

Another little side note is that there are NO original names example: naturo2187583792, SaASukeISShotttttt, SAsukeUChina, darkwarrior2843292, end of name rant!

Also a little thing is that I've been looking around the maplestory forum there is only about 3-5 that actually stick up for it.

Comments

• hachanhachan Member Posts: 21

Actually you forgot one big negative:

Anyone with wondows vista are screwed over. They promised that those with vista will be able to play soon but all I have seen is after 2 hours my comp freezing in that game.

• takyitakyi Member Posts: 3

Yea i know what you mean...it gets very addicting and my friend is still addicted. and that gachapon thing is so true...my friend used $400+ just buying merchants and gachapon tickets to earn money... i dun get the point in using real money to earn little pieces of data and pixels...but overall maplestory is very bad...especially Global maplestory (american users) has the slowest updates ever. Maplesea gets them and few months GMS gets it....takes forever. Overall maplestory is bad horrible terrible etc.

• rawrincrawrinc Member Posts: 2

Alrighty, im a 3 year player/beta tester. Ive only gotten to lvl 61 legitmently because i have a stupid amount of free time and i was young + stupid. 

After 61 the only thing i can find fun is hacking. First its because this game has the most retarded experiance system ever. It will take days of the same thing just to level once.

I made it to lvl 116 and im proud to say i sold my account for 60 dollars and uninstalled it.

NOT WORTH  PLAYING, YOU WILL GO NO WHERE AND WASTE TIME. i wish i had relized this earilier.