Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acclaims GREAT ideas, to Block Everyone except for the US

mrxinstallmrxinstall Member Posts: 36

ok before I go any further anyone that argues that EU players are going to get their own version has to be joking. there are a lot more countries in the world than those in EU & the US and for Acclaim to pull this sort of rubbish make s me wonder just how serious they are about online gaming.

Now having played the game until I got to a reasonable level I would suggest to anyone that is considering giving the game a try to find a better one.

there are quite a few out there that are based in the same genre of game as 2 moons and most if not all of them leave 2 moons in the dust when it comes to Graphic quality, In game content/things to do, ease of use by new users,  etc etc.

The game really does lack things for players to do and once you have been playing for a few days or so you will more than likely very quickly get sick of just doing the same thing over and over.

The missions in the game are really badly setup and unless you make a point of chasing them up you will probably never even realise the game even has missions in it.

For those people that are disappointed by the happenings within Acclaim and the 2Moons game I suggest you voice these by giving the game an appropriate rating here on this site and on any other MMO listing site, cause this is really one of the very few ways players have to voice their opinions so that other possibly new players can see what people thing before they go and waste their time and effort downloading and trying this crappy game.

So lets get the game onto a rating that ios more along the lines of what it really should be (3.8 - 4.3 is more along the lines of what it should be)

Here one Day Gone The Next.
Game reviewer.

Comments

• ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

Color yourself lucky.   I wish it had not been available in the U.S.   I'm embarrassed to admit I got to level 60 (and 85%) before I couldn't bring myself to log on anymore.     Painfully lacking in content.   Full of so many annoyances.  

And this "free to play" stuff... well... I can't imagine playing with two bags, and the only way you can get more inventory space is to spend real money.   

Health potions... well they only stack in 5's. . . and you'll need MANY.  Your health as a bagi warrior will not recharge very fast.    I've returned to Loa, taken a dump... came back and still had plenty of health to recover.  Its that slow.

So... low inventory space and multiple potions that only stack in 5's makes it tough so guess what? You can buy 5000 potions (in one stack) with real money.  

Its like that.  

I've never left a game (free or pay) with a worse taste in my mouth.

• mrxinstallmrxinstall Member Posts: 36

You  are completely right with what you are saying, and in this game more than a lot of other F2P games the spending of RL money is a MUST.

It is painfully obvious when ingame who the people are that spend RL money cause they are basically unbeatable and personally I reckon Acclaim might as well be charging for people to play the game and from that give everyone a even playing field.

then again if they made the game P2P it would probably fail very quickly and end up like so many of the other Acclaim games. (Forgotten and thrown away)

Look at a guess I don't think this game will ever really be anything big and because of that it will never get the support from the developers that it should get, in the end this will lead to players leaving and evantually the game will be one of those games that people look at and think "Thank f**k I never bothered playing that bloody thing"

Game reviewer.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

I wouldnt waste my time complaining about Acclaims games. I have yet to see them produce a single quality MMO title. Personally I wouldnt waste the keystrokes.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Acclaim did NOT make the decision to ban everybody besides the US players

The developer of Dekaron did.  Acclaim only holds the rights to publish the game in the United States. It is the developing company behind Dekaron that decides which company gets to publish the game in what area, that same company forces Acclaim to block all other players.

Blaming Acclaim for this is silly, it is not their fault.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

If anything, blame them for bad MMOs and crappy chinese made toys :P

• mrxinstallmrxinstall Member Posts: 36

Look whether they develop the game or not I must agree with the post that is a couple above, Acclaim have yet to host, distribute a decent MMO and while they continue to stick with the current trend they won't get anything that is any better.

Now when a company buys a licence to host/distribute  a game they actually do have the ability to bargain with the developer while they are in contract negotiations, Acclaim failed to do this very well and from what it looks like just sat on their hands and took whatever the developer wanted to offer.

Now having said the above and other I will personally never even consider trying out another game that has anything to do with Acclaim (There was a time many years ago when Acclaim actually did care about it's customers, but that was before they became as big as they have and unfortunately things will never be the same again which is sad I guess because in the long run the customer/players will end up with the short end of the stick)

So if you are happy with how you are being treated by Acclaim then that is a good thing for you, unfortunately there are a lot of people that are far from happy with a lot of things about Acclaim and what is happening with 2 Moons is just 1 of the many things.

Like I said also, if you are a new user have a look for a game with more content and other ingame things, 2 Moons is far from being anywhere near good and downloading it is really just a waste of time. (Hell I think even FLYFF is better than it from what my son tells me)

Game reviewer.

• kola_666kola_666 Member UncommonPosts: 42

Here's the official Acclaim post (by  The Historian):

"Starting Monday Dec 3rd, at the request of the developers (GameHi), we will begin blocking new registrations for 2Moons players outside of North America. Any new players registering from outside of North America will receive a message letting them know that they will be unable to play. If you are an existing player (registered before Dec 3rd), your account and characters will not be blocked and you may continue to play uninterrupted. If for some reason you get blocked and you should not be, the message will tell you how to resolve the issue."

So Acclaim could not do anything....cause GameHi sold the rights to their game to Gametribe: http://www.gametribe.com/gt/show.do

The only thing was to try to keep their recent accounts and they did so(it was an agreement between GameHI-Acclaim-Gametribe.So pls stop to blaim Acclaim for all this they did their best for us,for the players.