Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isn't about time a MMORPG dealing with mechs (robots) should be made?

Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

If you look at all the MMORPG's in the list of developed games, what do they all have in common? Races and living creatures. What im trying to say is that someone at some company out their needs to think a Mech mmorpg that has the potential (like the Armored Core series, Mechassult, and the Ace Combat series (not mechs but planes are machines)) to become a hit like many other MMORPG's that are out to this day.

If it was like a MMORPG of Armored Core . . . . .man . . .that would be so friggin leet . . . .

Does anyone have my back on this one?

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
|
RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Comments

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

YES YES YES!

I am all for a Mech Warrior MMORPG.  I would truly be 100% into this game.  I am already part of Virtual World...  Since 1994!  10 years this things been going on!

Virtual World rocks and owns!

I would love to see this happen.  I have so many ideas on how this could work too!

What will he do next?
  • FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106
    What I want to see is a fully immersable sci-fi game. This may be far fetched, but I think it's the future. A sci-fi game that involved conquering of worlds, nations, space ships, travelling on planets. Colonization. Farming. Mining. Fighting. Wars. Genetic engineering, scientific advancements. The list goes on. But pretty much a fully immersable futuristic universe. Far fetched, but, it is the future of MMRPG's I say.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

If you are old skool then you would know about Trade Wars 2010 for BBS's.

It was an old "door" game which was mainly text... but you could do such that... build up your fleet... take over ships.. build a planet... kill planets, it was great.

What will he do next?
  • GenjingGenjing Member Posts: 441

Sounds like a great idea...

The only remotely close thing, would be Square-Enix's Front Mission Online... but its unknown if it'll be released outside of Japan...

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    I have the Front Mission 4 demo. It's pretty cool cuz i like Final Fantasy Tactitcs

|

• Red_XIIIRed_XIII Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by Finwe
    What I want to see is a fully immersable sci-fi game. This may be far fetched, but I think it's the future. A sci-fi game that involved conquering of worlds, nations, space ships, travelling on planets. Colonization. Farming. Mining. Fighting. Wars. Genetic engineering, scientific advancements. The list goes on. But pretty much a fully immersable futuristic universe. Far fetched, but, it is the future of MMRPG's I say.

dude if one is made like that ill shell out the ducketsimage

• GenjingGenjing Member Posts: 441

Originally posted by Red_XIII

Originally posted by Finwe

Unless it was centered on giant robots, i wouldn't find anything interesting about that image

• KentaroKentaro Member UncommonPosts: 53
    There used to be one based on mechwarrior being developed but it got canned by MS(i think or that game online site can't recall it)  There was also one called Caeron3000 or something not sure what happened to it.

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    Id definitly like to see the mechwarrior franchise go mmorpg but in a ww2online way. I remember betatesting a game like this but the missions were small and you could fly dropships and stuff they should make all vehicles useable infantry small armor everything. I think that would be a blast.

ITS A TRAP

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• TheFooTheFoo Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Being a MW fan I agree with this. Already an established system and universe. So it is not just a load of bull thought up by an underpaid intern. And like was said, make a great MMO in a ww2online sort of way. Greatest would be the inclusion of the aerospace fighters. Be mighty fun to get a space sim that is actually *more* then a space sim. Show those ground pounders a thing or two. ;)

• asr84asr84 Member Posts: 28

Yoy guys should try EVE online. A lot of machine costumization in that game.

• VITAMADNESSVITAMADNESS Member Posts: 132
    Great concept but would it just fall prey to the doom so many other MMORPGs are lately or would the new concept alone get it enough hype to keep the damn corporate boards willing to sink the money into developing such a game? hummmm

Beta'd: Neocron, Planetside, ShadowBane, Horizons, City of Heros, Saga of Ryzom, Lineage II

Played: EQ, Shadowbane, DAoC, SWG, Anarchy Online, Asherson's Call 2. Earth and Beyond

Playing: City of Heros, EQ

Beta'd: Neocron, Planetside, ShadowBane, Horizons, City of Heros, Saga of Ryzom, Lineage II, WoW Stress Test

Played: EQ, Shadowbane, DAoC, SWG, Anarchy Online, Asherson's Call 2. Earth and Beyond, City of Heros, EQ

Playing: WAITING FOR WOW and EQ 2

Havent you guys played Armored Core before?

|

• codecode Member Posts: 95

any1 heard of Gundam online [its being made by a japanese company so i aint got a clue it its fps style or not]

but it looks very roboty

http://www.universalcentury.net/index_e.html <-------------link to Gundam online

Ignorance is Bliss

It looks good, that gundam game but da** why japanese only beta testing . . .

|

• stryker999stryker999 Member Posts: 3

What I dont get is why there isnt a Star Trek MMORPG yet. I mean honestly it has a built in playerbase of like 3/4 of all trekkies everywhere. The IP is huge, and if they did it right it could make for some great fun. Though im not a crazy trekkie myself, i think any IP could make for a good game if it was done well.

thats a good question

|

• KaldarinKaldarin Member Posts: 6
    Trade wars was a blast in its time. 

Someone knows what Trade Wars is!  lol!

What will he do next?
  • logoherelogohere Member Posts: 77

We all know what trade wars is *looks around*
    I used to play that game back in the day.

MUFFIN!!

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

To this day I still dont understand why a Mechwarrior Online or Battletech Online hasnt been made. The universe is rich/detailed enough to easily make a mmrpg out of it. Instead we get more games with elves and goblins in em. Sigh

--------------------------------------
    Played: AC1, DAoC, E&B, SWG
    Tested: AC1, AC2, DAoC, Eve, Planetside, Rubies, Lineage 2

generally there seems to be lack of mmofps style game like planetside [planetside just asks too much from the my comp :(]

yea gundam online does look nice but i dont think it will be released in the west hope it does >.<

Ignorance is Bliss

• TombsTombs Member Posts: 185

What exactly does this mech mmorpg need to be able to do?

You realize there is a game now you can create a robot with unique range attacks based on everything from electricity to cold with unique device or elelment type additional abilities and battle other robots, meks,  and villains and pick your own robotic look down to the color?

It is called City of Heroes, heh.  You can design and play a science/blaster mech warrior and, with the new expansion, even fight Titan class super mechs...

Yep, new guy from WoW forums lookin for a beta shot ;p .

Nice site though.  I will stick around.  Mission accomplished.

but i heard that city of heroes doesnt have any pvp

and anyway having a big robot and fighting other robots in a fps style is way better than heroes :P

Ignorance is Bliss

• XaldorXaldor Member Posts: 236
    I think Citizen Zero for Xboox is a mech inspired game...the screenshot on gamespot shows mechs in the wilderness...that's pretty ironic...Xaldorimage