Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com Forum Titles!

Comments

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

Are the forum titles still being given out? Just curious if people can still obtain more.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,741

How about we assign each other titles by a poll? I am sure we could have mucho fun with that :)

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

This is a system that I've been meaning to get to for a while now.

Unfortunately this is something that kinda fell through the cracks when Taera left and I took over as CM, we never got a chance to go over it and so I really have no clue as to the details to most of it.

That being said, I'll be looking into it and filling in the gaps where I can and rework the system in some other places, etc. Feel free to post any suggestions you might have to the system and we'll see what we can do with this thing. :)

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

While I like the custom forum title idea there is one thing that may not have been thought about.  How does MMORPG.com remove a title that has been given to someone who no longer meets the requirements of that title?  I am thinking specifically about an individual who used to work for a game company but hasn't for almost 2 years.  As an employee of that company, MMORPG.com gave him the title "<game> Representative".  This individual then left that company and started his own competing company yet he still has, and uses, his official MMORPG.com "<game> Representative" forum title from the first company. 

MMORPG.com even changed his name so he could promote his new company within it which as things have turned out no longer exists.  Of course, he hasn't posted to the forums since his company went under but he still comes here. Karma's a bitch.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Shiva_ShadowShiva_Shadow Member Posts: 216

Can I have the title 'Opinionated B*tch'?  Please oh please ^^

Sorry, couldn't quite resist.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Originally posted by Shiva_Shadow

Can I have the title 'Opinionated B*tch'?  Please oh please ^^
    Sorry, couldn't quite resist.

She got jokes. I like this one.

*claps*

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

i think this needs an update

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• woghdwoghd Member Posts: 13

Titles are all well and good. But to me they seem a bit shallow. I mean How important is a title really? It's not like it gives you any real power or control. In most cases it's not even a recognition of your contributions. Everyone is scrambling around saying "I have this title" or "I have that title" when in fact none of it means anything. Titles for the sake of themselves mean nothing, and are not worth persuing.

Just my two cents.

• IsaaccIsaacc Member Posts: 15

Very interesting idea.  I like it.  :)

• AwenyddionAwenyddion Community Manager, Star Trek OnlineMember Posts: 14

hehe.=.

Nicole "Awenyddion" Hamlett
    Star Trek Online Community Manager

• ionutz21ionutz21 Member Posts: 4

nice xD

• allsmilestouallsmilestou Member Posts: 47

fffffff

• hardgameshardgames Member Posts: 71

I'm new here and I've read the articles and help about ranks and titles. I must say that MMORPG implements a rather complicated system for the title and rank. I'm not saying that it's bad but it's quite new for me. But I guess the system works since it prevents not-so-helpful comments from being credited and also encourages people to be active and stay active. :p

Played: Runescape, Adventure Quest
    Currently playing: Aika Global, Atlantica Online
    Waiting for: Cardmon Hero, Dynasty Warriors Online

• yvesquoyvesquo Member Posts: 30

Yeah, I agree...especially people who repeat the same thing over and over again for rhetorical force. It is annoying when you realize you spent a few minutes reading a post by somebody who really has nothing to say. How exasperating! Yeah, I agree...especially people who repeat the same thing over and over again for rhetorical force. It is annoying when you realize you spent a few minutes reading a post by somebody who really has nothing to say. How exasperating! Yeah, I agree...especially people who repeat the same thing over and over again for rhetorical force. It is annoying when you realize you spent a few minutes reading a post by somebody who really has nothing to say. How exasperating! Yeah, I agree...especially people who repeat the same thing over and over again for rhetorical force. It is annoying when you realize you spent a few minutes reading a post by somebody who really has nothing to say. How exasperating!

• killersjoykillersjoy Member Posts: 4

eh

"find a new way home pizza boy"

• jado818jado818 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 356

I agree with the sentiment of titles being purely cosmetic (having no real affect on how i view a particular post)

I feel the same way about post counts.

I don't know what an ideal system would be.. straight up user popularity ratings end up being ridiculous "student body president" competition..

"vote for me and ill stop all junk email in your inbox .. promise :O!"

I don't think mmorpg does title's / moderation any worse than the average site though.. i do think they err on the side of caution a bit too much in deleting posts ;p

• JamievtoddJamievtodd Member Posts: 3

image Hi, my cousin is making up some bollocks that he is creating and developing an mmorpg with the help of a friend... He is a delusioned fool as he thinks it will be more popular than WoW... Now i have been racking my brains out trying to work out what the game in the image attached is. (I asked for the name of this game and he wouldn't give it too me all he sent was this very blurred screen shot.) I was just wondering if anybody knew what this game was... Any help would be much appreciated... Thanks 

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

looks like ragnarok if i aint mistaken!

• senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

I like the idea of titles but seriously one thing that needs changing is folks who have been following this site for years but dont really bother to post much are still stuck at novice member.... I mean seriously! I come and watch the website here and there but after years there's only so much one can say. Novice really?

• RyldRyld Member Posts: 99

Title me Pokey.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1761479516.png

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

i think ill call you Necro.

I've got the straight edge.

• @ senadin:

Are you saying you should have a higher rank just because you've had a membership for a long time?  Don't you think it merits actual participation in discussions?  I've noticed how little seems to be going on in the forums, and with over a million members that's not a great thing.  

Not flaming you here, but I don't think NFL bench warmers deserve the same pay as a first-string rookie, no matter how long they've been on the team.

• fetarnoxfetarnox Member Posts: 8

What about that extraordinary post I wrote about Final Fantasy XIV just a few months ago? I put many hours, and a lot of research into that juggernautified skree of textual accrobatacy. I had to start a new account just to get away from all those excessive emails praising my artistry and effort on that great masterwork of blogging. When will I get my title? FFXIV all the way! Go blue team! Lo, Beaker and Bunsen agree...you most definitely are the messiah, my dear Haile Selassie.

Can you read slant-lettered words without moving squint-strained lips?

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Taera

As some of you may have noticed, there are a few new titles floating around the forums!

How to Get Titles

The new MMORPG.com title system rewards you for making a positive impact on the community. You can receive new titles by making helpful posts, guides, or links.

As every gamer knows, quality matters more than quantity. Please make sure your posts are legible and clear; I highly recommend a spell check pass before posting! Feel free to use screenshots (uploadable in our User Galleries) to help illustrate your point. Posts lacking in quality as decided by the MMORPG.com Community Manager (that’s me!) will not earn titles.

Titles can also be earned by having your post/blog featured in a Spotlight article. If you feel you have made a post that warrants a title, or if you have been a spotlight poster/blogger, please email [email protected]!

Example posts that have earned titles:
    How to View/Change Titles

A list of all earned titles are publically displayed in your profile – take a look at Flem’s profile for a working example! To change your active title (the one that shows up on forum posts), click on the My Profile and select your title from the dropdown list.

Master Title List

Curious about what titles are available? To find them all out, you need to earn them! The below list displays the titles that have so far been unlocked. Get writing, and discover the hidden titles!

Spotlight Titles
    • Spotlight Blogger- Earned by having your blog featured as a spotlight blog.
    • Spotlight Poster- Earned by being the OP of a forum spotlight thread.
    Guide Titles
    • Tabula Rasa
      • Soldier- Wrote one guide/sticky for the MMORPG.com Tabula Rasa section. (Discovered by Yolanda on 01/13/08)
      • R.I.P TR
    • Guild Wars 2
      • Defender of Ascalon- Wrote one guide/sticky for the MMORPG.com Guild Wars section.
      • Protector of Cantha- Wrote two guides/stickies for the MMORPG.com Guild Wars section.  (Discovered by Godliest on 04/30/08)
      • Anything up to date for GW2
    • City of Heroes
      • Sniff R.I.P CoX
    • Lineage II
    • Sorry never got the chance to play.
    • EVE Online
      • Gurista- Wrote one guide/sticky for the MMORPG.com EVE section. (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)
      • Tritanium- Wrote two guides/stickies for the MMORPG.com EVE section. (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)
      • Pod Killer- Wrote three guides/stickies for the MMORPG.com EVE section. (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)
      • Dreadnaught- Wrote four guides/stickies for the MMORPG.com EVE section. (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)
      • CONCORD- Wrote five guides/stickies for the MMORPG.com EVE section. (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)
      • Dusk514 the next chapter.
    • World of Warcraft
    • Hordies vs Allie
    • MOP pls help
    • World boss say what?
    • Great this is turning into a pvp pk gank feast.
    • EverQuest II
      • Lore Seeker- Wrote one guide/sticky for the MMORPG.com EverQuest II section.
      • How much longer?
    • Lord of the Rings Online
      • The Wary- Wrote one guide/sticky for the MMORPG.com LotRO section.
      • Thank you Peter Jackson for keeping this MMO alive.
    • Fury
      • Reborn- Wrote one guide/sticky for the MMORPG.com Fury forums.
      • Never knew there was a MMO that was called fury until now.
    • Final Fantasy XI
      • Carbuncle
      • Best of the FF series
    • SWG
      • Ewok - Wrote one guide/sticky for MMORPG.com's SWG section.
      • Move over SWG here come's SWTOR to finish what you started.
    • PlaneShift
    • Never played sorry.
    • General
      • Guide- Wrote one guide/sticky for MMORPG.com
      • Smart Alek-  Wrote two guides/stickies for MMORPG.com (Discovered by tigris67 on 12/21/07)
      • Know it all- Wrote three guides/stickies for MMORPG.com (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)
      • Master- Wrote four guides/stickies for MMORPG.com (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)
      • Guru- Wrote five guides/stickies for MMORPG.com (Discovered by batolemaeus on 12/27/07)

If you have title suggestions for a game not listed above, please email [email protected].  More titles will be added over time, and new ways to earn them!

Custom Titles

Sometimes, generic titles just aren't thanks enough for the work our users put in.  Submit enough guides and you might find yourself with the oppertunity to design a custom title (approval by Communty Manager required)!

There modified the list to be more updated. Or how bout a new more updated list?image

• ronymostafa1ronymostafa1 Member Posts: 5
    :3