Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com Forum Titles!

Comments

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by zxny
    Originally posted by Taera
    Originally posted by Vendayn I do agree though, "Guide" makes me sound like a staff member.
    Staff members all have the bright blue forum posts :)

What about people who bring in great idea's in the deveolpers corner?

Something like "Einstein" or something.

Although it is a bit hard to separate good ones from bad ones down there. Meh just gonna mull it in my head for a while. Maybe it'll get better thru time.

I don't think it's fair for me or any moderator to tell you all what ideas are "good" and what are "bad"

Haha! After a workout in this Floridian Sun an Idea struck upon me. What if a idea posted in those forums got 20 positive responses from 20 different user's? The number could change according but...It would help sift which idea's have a strong falling and which ones are just too advanced for there time.

Yay! Another use for all the bots used to vote up/down games like Guild Wars and EVE. I'm sure the people who made the 500,000 something trash accounts will be excited to hear that they can now "mod up" their own posts, and, in doing so, make them seem more "important" than the everyday forumgoers.

• zxnyzxny Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by Aethios

Originally posted by Vendayn

I do agree though, "Guide" makes me sound like a staff member.

What about people who bring in great idea's in the deveolpers corner?

Something like "Einstein" or something.

Although it is a bit hard to separate good ones from bad ones down there. Meh just gonna mull it in my head for a while. Maybe it'll get better thru time.

I don't think it's fair for me or any moderator to tell you all what ideas are "good" and what are "bad"

Haha! After a workout in this Floridian Sun an Idea struck upon me. What if a idea posted in those forums got 20 positive responses from 20 different user's? The number could change according but...It would help sift which idea's have a strong falling and which ones are just too advanced for there time.

Yay! Another use for all the bots used to vote up/down games like Guild Wars and EVE. I'm sure the people who made the 500,000 something trash accounts will be excited to hear that they can now "mod up" their own posts, and, in doing so, make them seem more "important" than the everyday forumgoers.

I'm not talking simply +1 posts being positive. I'm talking actual people posting actual feedback about an idea. Hopefully you frequent the idea's thread but it "seems" to me that you don't. As the last place a bot or a clone account would go is a developers corner thread.

If you really want to look at it like then. Just think about the entire forum title system. What makes my idea any different from the current  idea used now? You get a title based of a sticky, now how does a thread become a sticky?

Sorry but I just don't see how your logic can apply to me alone here. You should be quoting the original post then and complaining that the system fails like that. But honestly anyone can do that on any forum and there's really no way to stop it. So like my old gym coach used to say. "don't whine if you can't fix it"

imageimage

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

Posts are stickied/given titles based on the helpfulness and positive impact that they provide to the community.  While some people might write guides just for the purpose of obtaining a title - they're still helping the community and providing great information.  I'll think about a way to integrate this in the Dev Corner :)

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787

i stopped caring about titles when you guys took away my full star hard core member status because i was afk from the site. FYI i was away working.

Originally posted by zensaber

i stopped caring about titles when you guys took away my full star hard core member status because i was afk from the site. FYI i was away working.
    We don't give/take away stars or hardcore status; those are based off of activity and it's entirely automated.  That's like getting mad at ice for melting while you weren't watching ;)

The new titles will not disappear or decay unless your posts are found to be plagerized.

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714

"cabal minister of defense"

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Originally posted by Zorvan

I'll accept a "Bane of Dishonest Developers" title. Not that I have an inflated ego, or anything...........

I really wonder what kind of titles will hard line veterans like Zorvan or myself get ?

I would be open for a title like Bane of dishonest developers

But i know Laura holds little love for my honest ways ... so it will probably be a title with Troll in it ?

First of all I love this idea, however; you sir are not a Veteran of this community. Post counts do not qualify as a veteran here. I been a member since this site launched and this is my 2nd account after I moved and lost my first account years ago. I think this one is 4yrs old now.

The real veterans are old hands here who might not have high post counts but do follow the site and progressions and have some good posts.

For a Veteran here I would say no younger then 2yrs or maybe 3. Lets see if they have a Vet title, that would be nice.

EDIT Because I think some cool titles would be...............

MMORPG SLAYER

Keeper of The Forums

Master Guide

Elite Contributor

Lord of Honesty

Technical Grunt

Oooh, I love the idea of techie titles!

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

Originally posted by Vendayn

I do agree though, "Guide" makes me sound like a staff member.

True, but the term "guide" is used in MMORPGs as a term to refer to volunteer, mini-GM-like helpers.  Some may not be familiar with the blue color patch and/or may assume that "guide" suggests the same thing here.

Not that anything other than a little confusion could come of it, and I'm not saying that it doesn't make sense considering what it's awarded for.  I agree with / see where Vendayn is coming from though.

edit: your forum didn't save my paragraphs. :-P Let's try again..

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

This sounds interesting. Who doesn't like distinguishing themselves from other posters? I mean, we all know being famous on a forum is better than being famous IRL. Then again...most of us spend more time on these forums than we do IRL...so this is actually true.

D.

• AenashiAenashi Member UncommonPosts: 52

i am still waiting for my banning :P  yay for me!

• zxnyzxny Member Posts: 59

You know the more and more I look at it. The more and more I'm trying to figure out this problem I'm having. That is how come www.mmorpg.com and www.guildcafe.com don't team up together. Each offers a unique set of features for the players and both are centered towards mmorpg. Granted guild cafe does have fps's and offline options as well but its mainly used for mmorpgs.

So maybe a Big glowy can help me out here. What would it take to get you two to partner up somehow? or help each other out? Like what I mean is Guildcafe has these 3 different quiz's you can take right? They help you figure out your own mmorpg play style as well as your own guild role. They have these pie charts showing game activity and all these nice features. For example look at my profile http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Ebena

Then just look at some of the stuff I've filled. Look at some of the awards I have credited towards my name. Make no mistake I'm not asking for you two to merge but I am wondering how come you two don't link toward each other.

Meh sorry for the rant. This title system kept me thinking about guild cafe.

imageimage

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Many thanks for title recognition.  I put a lot of time into my writings here, and I hopefully will be able to spend more time adding to my work here in the future.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by bezado

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Originally posted by Zorvan

I'll accept a "Bane of Dishonest Developers" title. Not that I have an inflated ego, or anything...........

I really wonder what kind of titles will hard line veterans like Zorvan or myself get ?

I would be open for a title like Bane of dishonest developers

But i know Laura holds little love for my honest ways ... so it will probably be a title with Troll in it ?

First of all I love this idea, however; you sir are not a Veteran of this community. Post counts do not qualify as a veteran here. I been a member since this site launched and this is my 2nd account after I moved and lost my first account years ago. I think this one is 4yrs old now.

The real veterans are old hands here who might not have high post counts but do follow the site and progressions and have some good posts.

For a Veteran here I would say no younger then 2yrs or maybe 3. Lets see if they have a Vet title, that would be nice.

EDIT Because I think some cool titles would be...............

MMORPG SLAYER

Keeper of The Forums

Master Guide

Elite Contributor

Lord of Honesty

Technical Grunt

Cool, I qualify as a vet.

DeletedAcct

Rank: 32/100 Rank: 32/100 Rank: 32/100 Rank: 32/100 Rank: 32/100

Apprentice Member

So, bring on the Veteran titles!!

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Oooh, I love the idea of techie titles!

Yeah it would be nice.

Update!

Custom Titles

Sometimes, generic titles just aren't thanks enough for the work our users put in.  Submit enough guides and you might find yourself with the oppertunity to design a custom title (approval by Communty Manager required)!

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

Update!
    Custom Titles
    Sometimes, generic titles just aren't thanks enough for the work our users put in.  Submit enough guides and you might find yourself with the oppertunity to design a custom title (apporval by Communty Manager required)!

Well thats Neat! Neato Tostito!

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• QazeQaze Member Posts: 247

Can I have a title for asking for one?

Qaze - Atheist, Nihilist, Sadist.
    WinRAR.rar
    Mudkip Video

image Xfire= Qaze3000 - Add me if you're not a total retard.

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

I don't much care for this idea.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by ianubisi

I don't much care for this idea.

I dont care for it much either, sort of segregates the the thousands of casual poster's , after all its the the casual poster's that keep sites like this going'

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

ooh.. I got one, Forum Troll?   huh? huh?  no?... It fits.

And since when was Praetoriani not a Mod?

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

It would be sweet to have titles that aren't as "formal" as the ones listed. For example Rikimaru_X could get the title "Ninja Running From Squirrels" or "Chased by Squirrels" or something. See this to understand the title.

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

"Former MMO Developer"

That's what I want.  Make it happen.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• KaylessKayless Member UncommonPosts: 357

Surely I should get one after all these years, and so little spam!!

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by Kayless
    Surely I should get one after all these years, and so little spam!! image

You get the title "Where is my keyboard!?"