Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8000 Series. Whats Better GT GTX GTS

OchieOchie Member Posts: 75

? Im confused as to which is better? the GTS seems to cost mroe but who knows. Im bout to buy one but I want the best one.

Comments

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

The 8800GT is the best buy. The new 8800GTS's just came out with the G92 chip, and after the benchmarks/test the GT is still the better buy, as the new GTS is $100+ more and only performs 5-8% better.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Nvidia really wants to have 3 cards ahead of ATI's offering instead of 2 thats why they released the GTS v2.0.  Since nothing in SLi can beat 2-3870's in CrossfireX.  Also it could mean that Nvidia is either having problems developing the 9XXX series or that they are dumping out remaining silicon in preperation of the new chipset like what ATI did only a month or 2 ago.

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Preety much Cleffy. Nvidia also announced tri-SLi today, which only works with the GTX and Ultra. Basic SLi is worthless, nvidia gave up on Quad-SLi, so why they are bothering with a 3 card setup who the fuck knows. The Phenoms are preety piss-poor right now, but the HD3000 series cards are great, espically since AMD/ATI have gotten multi-card scailing almost perfected. Two of the HD3000 series cards give off about 1.8 cards worth of performance, whereas two nvidia cards give off about 1.2 cards of performance. CrossFireX has surpassed SLi completely. I would sell my 8800GT for a 3870 if it wasnt for the damn 2 slot cooler on the 70.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

I plan on getting an 8800GT at the end of the month--seems the best in regards to the cost-performance ratio.

I'm hoping it'll do me good with next years games.

• TenTailsTenTails Member Posts: 15

BFG 8800GTS-OC using 65nm is actually faster than 8800 Ultra.  At least, that is what I read.  You may want to investigate.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by TenTails

BFG 8800GTS-OC using 65nm is actually faster than 8800 Ultra.  At least, that is what I read.  You may want to investigate.

At low resolution perhaps, but even a GTX beats the new GTS at high res +AA etc.