Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Computer Company?

Gamer_17Gamer_17 Member Posts: 202

Just wondering what every one thinks the best company to buy a computer from if i do not live in Canada.

I have tried a few - alien ware is extremly expensive

buyxg.com does not do international shipping :(

ibuypower.com does international shipping but it costs 150$ to ship just the tower

was wondering if i could get your opinion on where to buy a good computer from that will ship to canada cheaply or better yet has their buisness in canada.

Comments

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

I always build my own pc  with most parts coming from Newegg. You get a better bang for you buck that way. But if I were to buy a pc from a company I'd probably choose Apple. I'd make sure it was an intel Mac though.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Hrm...was looking for custom pc builders in canada...Doesn't anyone other than HP make pc's up there? All I can find is places selling parts.

You could buy one from HP....

D.

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699

Best computer company is Compaq.  They built with a "kit" mentality that made upgrades easy.  I don't know post-Hewlett Packard merger if they still build them that way, but definately worth getting something build like a kit instead of custom parts. 

Dell and Gateway do the custom part thing that costs big money to fix, replace, or scrap the whole unit.

I like building my own.  You run into a greater risk perhaps of parts not agreeing right away, but in the long run it's easier and cheaper to upgrade than buying another $800 computer.  Good parts experiences from:

Albatron

Shuttle

Chaintech

Viewsonic

AMD

GeForce

Creative SoundBlaster

Lite-On

Best place to buy anything computer related:  http://www.newegg.com .  Fastest shipping, cheapest, great customer service.  I've used them for many years