Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cant take it anymore

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I am going insane on wanting to know what Biowares MMO is.

I hope its Mass Effect but I will be also happy with KOTOR or New Jedi Order as well as a totaly different title.

Comments

• ladyattisladyattis Member Posts: 1,273

More than likely it will contain most of the technology behind Mass Effect, that's to be sure. I think LA is interested in working with Bioware because of the technology specifically in Mass Effect, from what I've seen of it, it's worth every penny LA is paying Bioware to produce this next MMO, whatever it may be. The question on my mind: are they going to pull something out that is totally different? I hope so, it's not to say the current possible list of IPs under ownership at LA is something to snub, but something totally new is better than something already covered.

-- Brede

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by ladyattis

More than likely it will contain most of the technology behind Mass Effect, that's to be sure. I think LA is interested in working with Bioware because of the technology specifically in Mass Effect, from what I've seen of it, it's worth every penny LA is paying Bioware to produce this next MMO, whatever it may be. The question on my mind: are they going to pull something out that is totally different? I hope so, it's not to say the current possible list of IPs under ownership at LA is something to snub, but something totally new is better than something already covered.
    -- Brede

I doubt the graphics will look similar because Mass Effect used the Unreal 3 engine and they are using the Hero Engine for the mmo.   But I have faith its going to look just as awsome in its own way.  Plus I think the Hero Engine have better potential into creating more gameplay mechanics then Unreal 3.  And I am pretty sure their mmo will be real-time combat like Mass Effect.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Originally posted by tkreep

Originally posted by ladyattis

-- Brede

I doubt the graphics will look similar because Mass Effect used the Unreal 3 engine and they are using the Hero Engine for the mmo.   But I have faith its going to look just as awsome in its own way.  Plus I think the Hero Engine have better potential into creating more gameplay mechanics then Unreal 3.  And I am pretty sure their mmo will be real-time combat like Mass Effect.

Keep in mind Hero Engine is largely a compiler tool, so current screenshots of games using the Hero Engine can't be taken as what the BioWare mmorpg will look like, they merely reflect what the developers of those games did with software like 3dS Max and such.

Now that Mass Effect is out, I'm kind of hoping we'll get some sort of 'christmas present' from BioWare / LucasArts or both hehe.  Wouldn't it be a nice gift if they announced Early Beta Access or soemthing like that?

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I dont kow if it will be Mass effect specifically or not. However we can take hope in 2 things

It will be Sci-Fi, and as such we need more Sci-Fi themed MMORPGS out there.

If they made Mass effect, then they have the knowhow to make good games. So whatever they make has a chance to be something really special

Time will tell, we shall see

Torrential

• ladyattisladyattis Member Posts: 1,273

Originally posted by tkreep

It's not so much the renderer that they used that make Mass Effect a wonderful game, rather the game engine that handles all the dialogue and the game engine that handles the actual gameplay are both going to be in their MMO since both would bring much to the MMO market that hasn't been seen in years (other than experimental MUDs with regards to event driven actions (quests, in-world 'time' and etc)): innovation.

-- Brede