Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect

i've finnaly beat mass effect and am now playing through again i've come to the relisation that a mass effect mmo would own all others they already have the lore the races some great classes tons of planets i mean and they already have a great engine and combat system why not if they made a mmo i would pay up to 100 bucks for game and 30 a month cause it would be worth it

Comments

• phluuxphluux Member Posts: 211

You never know, it's a possibility. BioWare / LucasArts are rumored to be working on a new game... that could be a SWG title (mmo or rpg) or any of LucasArts' other properties. BioWare also lists another game that is in development but doesn't say what it is. Wouldn't be surprised to see them jump into the MMO market but wouldn't be surprised to see them stick with their bread and butter.

About Mass Effect though, I guess you really enjoyed it since you're playing it again. Would you say it lives up to the hype? I've been waffling on whether to get it or not.

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960

I'd be happy if they just ported the Xbox version to the PC. There just aren't many console games I like these days, so I'd basically be buying a 360 for one game (or three, if you count the sequels). I'm tempted, but not enough. I do love BioWare's games, though, and everything I've seen of Mass Effect makes me like them even more.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Is this Mass Effect an MMO?  XD

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Originally posted by O'Deion

i've finnaly beat mass effect and am now playing through again i've come to the relisation that a mass effect mmo would own all others they already have the lore the races some great classes tons of planets i mean and they already have a great engine and combat system why not if they made a mmo i would pay up to 100 bucks for game and 30 a month cause it would be worth it
    When I saw the preview for it on the Sci-Fi channel I fell in love with the game and was hoping it was going to be a MMO... But blah never that :(

Why must all the cool games be basicly single player or Multiplayer while almost ever MMO that comes out nowadays is complete and utter crap.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• O'DeionO'Deion Member Posts: 78

yeah it live up to hype you should definetly pick it up you wont be dispointed

• expaldinexpaldin Member Posts: 24

I have two questions, both assuming the reader has played KOTOR, 1. is mass effect better, or of the same general caliber? 2. Would a mass effect MMO be better than a possible KOTOR MMO in your opinion?

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

While I love BioWare and their Mass Effect IP, and DO believe it could be a badass MMORPG I've gotta say one thing.

STAR WARS + BioWare = Epic Match (By that I mean Duo, pair made in heaven that sorta stuff... not a VS. match :p )

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Bioware has stated they are going to develope a MMORPG, but they havnt explicitly stated it will be a Mass effect (or similar) theme. Just have to wait and hope for the best

Torrential

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I love KOTOR but now I love Mass Effect even more.  The reason is because it is in are Galaxy and things like the technology seems more of something that could happen in the future of are own reality.  I love how I can learn things about are own universe in the game such as the Planets which are very realistc ( now i know how the mars rover feels traveling its terrain ).  And things like biotic powers might even be possible because if you read about what Mass Effect is in the game you will see that it is more of a realistic version of the force.  Hell I learned sharks and eels use biotic powers in real life lol! its true but heres a link explaining it much better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect

I freaking love this game and already beat it twice just to see different endings and get some achievements points while at it.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

Well if I had to pick between a SW based MMO or Mass Effect I woul pick SW such as KOTOR.  However, I do feel that there is a better chance for ME to become an MMO because people don't typically like to repeat such as another SW title.