Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So far I am not impressed. And I haven't even logged in yet

SirmakiSirmaki Member UncommonPosts: 118

Yes that's what I said. I got a trial buddy key. I downloaded the client. I even patched. And so here I am, finally got some time to try it out, input the key to start my trial and guess what? Now I get to download another 2,000+ megs of patches. Great system there. Why the hell can I get some patches but not others? Oh and the official forums? Why am I not posting there you ask? Well it seems I can log in, read posts, and apparently report them to a mod but I cannot reply to a existing thread or start a new one. So apparently I have to do something besides log in  and yes I have done that, got my little name up top and everything.

Mostly just pissed that I am spending my precious free time patching when I should be playing. I mean christ on a cracker, I am a hard-core gamer turned casual by virtue of marriage and a kid, I'm the perfect f****ing customer. I will pay every month, and even play once in a while. All the money and none of the server load. :(

What ever......This is day one of four I will most likely have to play, so that is 25% of the games chance to win me over down the toilet.

PS: Oh yea...and that's assuming this is the final patch and there isn't another one after this.....

Comments

• SomnulusSomnulus Member Posts: 354

I guess I'm confused; you signed up for a trial for a game that has been released for a little over two years and you are upset because they have made changes that require you to download patches?

I must have missed something, because of the vast number of MMOs I have subscribed to and played, every single one required patching and the majority require it on a regular basis for new content, bug fixes, etc.

I can understand your frustration as a result of a delay before being able to play, but how exactly is this any different than every other MMO currently in release?

I recently re-subbed to City of Heroes and had a significant patch download, which was fully expected. I walked away, had a cup of coffee, watched part of the new Die Hard movie and checked the progress every once in a while until it was complete. It's pretty standard fare for MMOs.

Abbatoir / Abbatoir Cinq
    Adnihilo
    Beorn Judge's Edge
    Somnulus
    Perfect Black
    ----------------------
    Asheron's Call / Asheron's Call 2
    Everquest / Everquest 2
    Anarchy Online
    Shadowbane
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Matrix Online
    World of Warcraft
    Guild Wars
    City of Heroes

• DremikDremik Member Posts: 14

Well trial accounts are limited to a certain amount of days played. So if he has to spend 6 days patching, and its a 7 day trial....Thats a problem

• HavocideeHavocidee Member Posts: 10

Good job its a 14 day trial with MxO then. ;)

• SkyJackalSkyJackal Member Posts: 390

Well techicually you shouldn't even been able to start downloading patches until your trial was registered. 

You turn the launcher on and leave it to it's stuff for a bit. Same with all fresh MMO installs. Shouldn't take more than a few hours or an overnighter on a decent connection.

Like i said, cant say ive never heard of being able to download half then another half only after you've activated either.

• gadunkgadunk Member UncommonPosts: 164

If your free time is so precious, why are you spending it playing games? Shouldn't you be out on a canoe or sky diving or helping little old ladies across the street or saving the universe from sith lords or something?

By the way, to assume you're not going to have a ton of patches to update a game that's been out as long as MxO has been is kinda weird.