Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Is This Game a PORT ROYALE on line?

CaptAntillusCaptAntillus Porto AlegrePosts: 58Member

I am an addicted VCO player,  and love pirate like games. But before I started to that, I took a close look to this game and its conception looked a lot like the Ascaron game Port Royale. I love this game, and I would like, from who has played them both? Is my impression correct? Is this game an online Port Royale?

Comments

• B0NGB0NG Broad Channel, NYPosts: 2Member

I tried VCO, but I didn't much like the combat system, or the idea of getting out of my ship to chop wood and and smash crabs on the beach. 

I haven't played Port Royale, I just looked at some screenshots and I'm not sure how close it is to World of Pirates.  I think the best thing you can do is sign up for the 10 hour trial and see for yourself. 

When I first started playing WoP, it appealed to me because I used to play Pirates! Gold on a Tandy back in the early 90's, and this was like an updated version of that but multiplayer.

Basically you have to do a little skilling to get your navigation skill up (to be able to sail more and bigger ships) then you can join a clan, do PvP, take cities and defend them, etc. 

What I find great about WoP (compared to games like VCO, POTBS, etc) is the simple, arcade-like combat .  Even players with low skill can hold their own vs high level players if they can shoot.

Try the 10 free hours and you will be hooked 

Here is a link to a Wiki Strategy Guide if you want to skim through it to get an idea.

strategywiki.org/wiki/World_of_Pirates