Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArchLord.... Freaking amazing!

lordoftheloolordoftheloo Member Posts: 28

All i got to say, its free. it beats almost every game ive played.

Waiting for Aion!!

Comments

• Anti-FanboiAnti-Fanboi Member Posts: 188

Originally posted by lordoftheloo

All i got to say, its free. it beats almost every game ive played.

It's not free because you still have to buy the box.

It's a freaking Korean based grindfest.

Character creation customization is extremely limited to the point of making it pointless to have a CC screen.

Oh and it does not support wide screen resolutions.

• lordoftheloolordoftheloo Member Posts: 28

Actually its free to download and play with a trial key so ha :P EPIC FAIL

Waiting for Aion!!

• Anti-FanboiAnti-Fanboi Member Posts: 188

Actually its free to download and play with a trial key so ha :P EPIC FAIL

That don't mean anything unless you have the a trial key. You still need to purchase a box set to get perma account.

• gandalfonegandalfone Member Posts: 35

nope, you can have the game for free

• GoddiQGoddiQ Member Posts: 99

This thread fails, people who likes Archlord, haven't tried alota games

• Alicen1337Alicen1337 Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by GoddiQ

This thread fails, people who likes Archlord, haven't tried alota games
    meh' ive played pretty much every MMO on the market and some that are not....and I have to say Archlord is a very decent game in the F2P realm IMO.

Im glad the OP found a game he enjoys, good luck to ya bud!

• brutotalbrutotal Member Posts: 276

Originally posted by Alicen1337

meh' ive played pretty much every MMO on the market and some that are not....and I have to say Archlord is a very decent game in the F2P realm IMO.

Im glad the OP found a game he enjoys, good luck to ya bud!
    x2 for free to play the game is pretty danm good. It has the basic quest and level system of most mmo's decent graphics, a choice of different builds or strategies and a pvp system that would be awesome if they could fix the endgame lag.

If you didn't notice how similar the mmo market is and how a f2p game offers most of the features of a normal game, even if sub par then you might not have played alot of games.

• QazeQaze Member Posts: 247

Archlord.... Freaking amazing!

He says before realising that it's the crappest grindfest ever.

When I first played it, I thought the same way. Then I realised what an idiot I was.

Qaze - Atheist, Nihilist, Sadist.
    WinRAR.rar
    Mudkip Video

image Xfire= Qaze3000 - Add me if you're not a total retard.

• bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

at lvl 30 youll be like...wtf am i doin?

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111

Freaking amazing that some people believe item shop games to be free. They are not.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Samuraisword

Freaking amazing that some people believe item shop games to be free. They are not.

Yes they are. It's freaking amazing you still think people HAVE to play for items in the item shop despite the fact you have been disproven over and over again.

And anti - fanboy, The client cost has been removed a few months ago.

• bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

i believe he was getting at the point if a lvl 70+ that puts a ton of money into cash shop items vs another lvl 70+ that has no cash shop items, the guy who put the money into the game is obviously going to win in a duel. and dont go on about saying how skills is a matter when its just gear/lvl based and you press a few buttons.

• neoMesisneoMesis Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by bobbler

i believe he was getting at the point if a lvl 70+ that puts a ton of money into cash shop items vs another lvl 70+ that has no cash shop items, the guy who put the money into the game is obviously going to win in a duel. and dont go on about saying how skills is a matter when its just gear/lvl based and you press a few buttons.

Ha tell me you werent serious about the last part of your post. Skills play much more of a role in pvp than any gear will ever provide. Push a couple buttons...? Evenly lvl'd i would bet a life savings on a player with skills over a player with better gear.

• brutotalbrutotal Member Posts: 276

Originally posted by neoMesis

Ha tell me you werent serious about the last part of your post. Skills play much more of a role in pvp than any gear will ever provide. Push a couple buttons...? Evenly lvl'd i would bet a life savings on a player with skills over a player with better gear.

When you say skill you mean memorizing and maybe faster reflexes.

• Daidalos7Daidalos7 Member Posts: 28

Well do not bet your life savings cause you will lose them.

I have been playing this game for ages.

If a character has bought from the stores a ring that gives 10% more life, and if it mails it to himself (cause it is a bug) it will give 20% more life, and the same for a 5% physical resistance ring that will turn to 10% physical resistance, and this character is full of chantra items (the items you buys from the game with your credit card), then this character can kill 4 of the same level that have no such items even if they have a perfect character build.

Trust me i have tested many things in this game and if you want to be really good at it you need like 50-80 euros per month. If you give 30 Euros you will be an average player, and if you give no money then you will be only a PvE player grinding all the time cause the other players will kill you on sight.

I was one of them that gave for 1 year in total like 300 euros (and i think i was the one that gave the less money compared to anyone else in my guild)) and when episode2 came out i needed much more money in order to keep been competitive so then i decided to stop the game cause i decided i prefer to spend 300 euros per year on my vacation rather on this bugfull game

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Daidalos7

If a character has bought from the stores a ring that gives 10% more life, and if it mails it to himself (cause it is a bug) it will give 20% more life, and the same for a 5% physical resistance ring that will turn to 10% physical resistance, and this character is full of chantra items (the items you buys from the game with your credit card), then this character can kill 4 of the same level that have no such items even if they have a perfect character build.

That bug is still in there? Good grief... that was in there months ago when I was playing it a bit.

Wow.. guess they don't consider it that big a problem.

As for in-game shops... meh.. .not crazy about the idea myself. People end up spending more on the in-game shops than they would for the regular monthly sub. I've seen it in action in a couple MMOs now and it always boils down to "he with the most money to spend will have the better character". Now they may be crappy players, and so better gear or items will only go so far, but it does have an impact.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• lingceapucklingceapuck Member UncommonPosts: 62

what is "freaky amazing"  is that this game has no anticheat protection.

So trust me when i say..at lvl 4 first thing i noticed was high lvl botters in low lvl spawns.

A great game indeed...only matched by the failure to provide anticheat

Originally posted by lingceapuck

what is "freaky amazing"  is that this game has no anticheat protection.
    So trust me when i say..at lvl 4 first thing i noticed was high lvl botters in low lvl spawns.
    A great game indeed...only matched by the failure to provide anticheat

That is the main problem of the game.

I never said that the game as a game is not good.

The whole problem begins from codemasters.

1st)If the game had a normal monthly fee to play and  had no items that codemasters sells it would be a really great game. I mean 15Euros per month would be nothing compared with the money you need now

2nd)NO ANTIBUG PROTECTION AT ALL!!! People in this game spend more time trying to get advantage of th bugs than playing and grinding!!!

Originally posted by Daidalos7

AT ALL!!! People in this game spend more time trying to get advantage of th bugs than playing and grinding!!!

Sadly, people will always do more of the former so they can do as little as possible of the latter. People will always try to circumvent the system. Close up one hole, they just start looking for another. For some people that *is* the game.

It's funny, though, was talking on Vent last night with a friend who'd played up to end-game on there and hung around for a bit before he left for that reason - the bugs, the exploits... and on and on. It's what finally drove him from it. He mentioned one particularly nasty bug where people were logging to find half their stuff gone. Now *that's* messed up.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,

The past months there is an even better bug  that really broke my nerves!!! If you party with characters that are 15levels lower than you you get 30% more XP!!! So most peo-le create 5 new low level characters (since the game is free to get an account they make multiple accounts) party with them and get much more XP than a player that plays the game normally!!!!

This and much more. The weird thing with this game is that some of these bugs like this are very easy to be fixed!!! And alhough they created a patch, the patch fixed nothing!! The only thing the patch did was to make u lose some of your items from your inventory and your credit inventory!!!!!!!!

• SutterSutter Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by brutotal

memorizing and faster reflexes are skill are they not?

If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first. I'm too busy acting like I'm not naive I've seen it all, I was here first. -Very Ape- Nirvana

Originally posted by Sutter

Originally posted by brutotal

memorizing and faster reflexes are skill are they not?

Not necessarily. That's more like muscle memory... your fingers hit the same keys a specific order due to repetition. Becoming too bound by muscle-memory alone - no matter how fast you are - is actually kind of a crutch. It can make you predictable.

I'd say skill would be knowing the right skills to hit in a given situation - not on muscle memory, but on knowing who you're fighting, their strengths and weaknesses, and being able to think on your feet and adjust your tactics accordingly. The best PvP'ers I've seen have been those who could change their tactics on a dime and adapt from one moment to the next.

• yetwopqueyetwopque Member Posts: 1

Trust me i have tested many things in this game and if you want to be really good at it you need like 50-80 euros per month. If you give 30 Euros you will be an average player, and if you give no money then you will be only a PvE player grinding all the time cause the other players will kill you on sight.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

This is just another (automated) potion spamfest. Gear and chantra items give you enough advantage to win from most same lvled other pvpers with normal gear and no chantra items. And that is while being drunk, blinded in one eye because you poked yourself in your eye with the beerbottle and fell of your chair during the fight.

• Bas1987Bas1987 Member Posts: 11

even if this game has some bugs .

or it shuts down you PC half de time you play de game.

it is still one of the greatest game's i played.