Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

My Experience with Metin2 and the GMs

muggslabmuggslab Toronto, ONPosts: 9Member

This game started out really fun for me. Great community and easy to learn steps. The quests and classes may appear kinda unbalanced to most, but I lived past with that.

However right now, as of November 21st' 2007, Metin2 is heavily loaded with hackers. Most players create alternate accounts so that they can live off with hacks. It is really easy to create multiple accounts, since you do not need a valid email account for the registration. I've tried registering with abc@hotmail.com and it worked.

As for the GMs, they are hardly online, and almost never after their office hours. Thats when the hacking activity starts.

Players like me, try to aid the GMs by reporting them via email. Unfortunately, its tremendously tedious to even report one. They require screen shots or vids, and the banning doesn't necessary happens even after you supply them with it.

As for the forum, the moderators work closely with the GMs. They remove any topics that may reflect bad for their game - that includes hacking topics, screen shots and discussion about their inefficiency.

After having my account suspended by one of the GM for challenging her judgment in banning hackers, I have created a blog @ http://hackersmetins.blogspot.com to capture all the deleted posts, and screens of hackers in this game.

I encourage all to look at the blog, try out the game and read the forum, before making any purchase in their item mall.

Right now, I have $89.90 worth of item mall credits, but I can't use the, since I got suspended. My total lost for this game is US$400.

 

Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • ShanniaShannia Huntingdon, NYPosts: 2,096Member

    I'm sorry to hear about your hassle with the game.  $400 on item mall?  How long have you been playing?  That game hasn't even been out that long.   I seriously suggest you if you want to play the item mall game you play EQ2 on an exchange server.  At least there everything is legal and people that do cheat get banned.  $400 on item for Metin2... good grief!!!!!!!

     

    Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

    "Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

  • muggslabmuggslab Toronto, ONPosts: 9Member
    Originally posted by Shannia


    I'm sorry to hear about your hassle with the game.  $400 on item mall?  How long have you been playing?  That game hasn't even been out that long.   I seriously suggest you if you want to play the item mall game you play EQ2 on an exchange server.  At least there everything is legal and people that do cheat get banned.  $400 on item for Metin2... good grief!!!!!!!
     
    Well November should be my 4th month
    I played EQ2 once, I have a level 24 Inquisitor in there. I stopped after I realized my work load was piling up.  Yup Metin2 does get addictive. They have a blacksmith system that has only 30% succession rate. You will better with succession through item mall items.
    I feel sad for myself too. .  Nothing can beat hackers I guess.. not even with wealth

     

  • HealthyyHealthyy LimburgPosts: 112Member Uncommon

    Yes the hackers in metin (u got hackers in all the games) can do to much. But u need to know that metin doesn't have that much gm's.

    Also the gm's of metin get a couple of mails each day of noobquestions and so on. Or people that say "i've seen a hacker and now he got much money of me omg he took 20000000mil of my account"

    How would u be...  Still the mods on the forum of metin do some stupid things.

    I think they just need more gm's in the game.

  • HealthyyHealthyy LimburgPosts: 112Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Shannia


    I'm sorry to hear about your hassle with the game.  $400 on item mall?  How long have you been playing?  That game hasn't even been out that long.   I seriously suggest you if you want to play the item mall game you play EQ2 on an exchange server.  At least there everything is legal and people that do cheat get banned.  $400 on item for Metin2... good grief!!!!!!!
     

    Eeeeh, why should you pay for EQ2. If u pay for a game just go and play wow. Metin2 is much better then EQ2. Only we need more gm's.

  • Turtle1120Turtle1120 Cary, NCPosts: 21Member

    Look at section [1.2] in this following link: http://www.metin2.us/policy.htm. I don't think you were "banned" permanently. You may just not have access to your account for a period of time. Notice how Giada said your account was suspended, not banned. It is too late now. You have already caused some Lvl 55+ players to quit the game, including most of the members of your guild. I'm wondering if you'll come back if your suspension is only temporary. =/

     

    image

  • diyakawadiyakawa ColomboPosts: 2Member

    Hi muggslab,

    sorry about what happend to u... u should try the UK version, i have been playing the UK version for atleast 5 months and i have and still enjoy playing it... most GM's on the UK server are better than the US version but the UK version still lacks some of the patches that are available in the US version (such as 2 genders for all the 4 classes)... and its hard to lvl in the UK version compared to the US version. if ur interested try www.metin-2.com

     

  • shakey2005shakey2005 LancasterPosts: 49Member

    Wow, yon-hyaku, that's just, wow.

  • alakramalakram malagaPosts: 2,273Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by muggslab


    This game started out really fun for me. Great community and easy to learn steps. The quests and classes may appear kinda unbalanced to most, but I lived past with that.
    However right now, as of November 21st' 2007, Metin2 is heavily loaded with hackers. Most players create alternate accounts so that they can live off with hacks. It is really easy to create multiple accounts, since you do not need a valid email account for the registration. I've tried registering with abc@hotmail.com and it worked.
    As for the GMs, they are hardly online, and almost never after their office hours. Thats when the hacking activity starts.
    Players like me, try to aid the GMs by reporting them via email. Unfortunately, its tremendously tedious to even report one. They require screen shots or vids, and the banning doesn't necessary happens even after you supply them with it.
    As for the forum, the moderators work closely with the GMs. They remove any topics that may reflect bad for their game - that includes hacking topics, screen shots and discussion about their inefficiency.
    After having my account suspended by one of the GM for challenging her judgment in banning hackers, I have created a blog @ http://hackersmetins.blogspot.com to capture all the deleted posts, and screens of hackers in this game.
    I encourage all to look at the blog, try out the game and read the forum, before making any purchase in their item mall.
    Right now, I have $89.90 worth of item mall credits, but I can't use the, since I got suspended. My total lost for this game is US$400.
     
    400$, mate you shouldn't spend that money in a free 2 play game, it's better spent in a pay to play game but anyway, being in your situation, suspended for helping the GM's...

    Woa! mate this is too much, go on with this blog, and try to make as much damage as possible. good work!

  • HeyBabyHeyBaby NewYork, KSPosts: 1Member

    US GM dont know how manage Game. I think they are stupid or like that or moneyhungry

  • muggslabmuggslab Toronto, ONPosts: 9Member

     

    Originally posted by Turtle1120


    Look at section [1.2] in this following link: http://www.metin2.us/policy.htm. I don't think you were "banned" permanently. You may just not have access to your account for a period of time. Notice how Giada said your account was suspended, not banned. It is too late now. You have already caused some Lvl 55+ players to quit the game, including most of the members of your guild. I'm wondering if you'll come back if your suspension is only temporary. =/
     

     

    Hi Turtle,

    First of all, I did not cause or instigate anyone to quit the game. While Reporter (who is not me, even your sister notices the personality difference ) posted those topics, I was creating the blog and making a guide to be a healer in the forum.

    Although Giada mentioned that my account was only suspended, my ip was also banned from the forum. Judging from this, I could see where Giada was coming from. Also ( for the readers in this forum), I do not feel that I deserved the suspension. The player who had confessed in the MPCForum did not get banned. Yet with just 1 shout of the MPCForum URL, I got brutally punished by the GM.  I do not see any justice to this.

    Besides (again for the viewers of this forum), the forum moderators in Metin2 constantly removes key topics from public. Eventually, most people was left ignorant about this whole issue. Also, as said in one of my screen shot, player WHOamI confessed about hacking in Metin2, and till now (I just spoke to him on msn) he is still playing with his archer.

    As for the GMs, Giada mentioned that we have [GM]BillBala for yellow, and [GM]Giada for Red nation. But after playing 4 mths in Metin2, I could only contact Giada, and most of the time, it is through private messaging her. She does not respond to yellow player's request for GM. However, I have spotted her several times mingling with players in Red town. Lastly, I have noticed that the MODs and players who have spoken for the accused were from Red Nation, and they are in friendly terms with the GM.

    Sad and lonely it is, I suppose GMs should always leave a distance from players, to maintain fairness in judgment .

    As of now, I do not pin on any hopes in getting back my account. However, I do miss playing my healer mage.

     

    This whole incident has caused me to lose faith with G4Box's efficiency in MMORPG.

  • muggslabmuggslab Toronto, ONPosts: 9Member

    Originally posted by HeyBaby


    US GM dont know how manage Game. I think they are stupid or like that or moneyhungry

    I agree. Instead of fixing bugs and hackers, they decided to come out with useless gender classes, and came up with additional Item Malls items. IMO, these should be prioritized after hackers, to improve game play, attract more players, and thus increase revenue in Item Mall sales.

    Metin2 US will only live for a short period, if the GMs continue with this path they are taking.

  • mrvietlawmrvietlaw cypress, CAPosts: 69Member

    hey dude if u want to play a fast paced hack n slash action game, i suggest u play world of kung fu. I got in the beta and i was suprise how good it was. The GM always i mean always on. There are variety of weapon in the game each with unique skill. If u want to quit metin2 try world of kung fu when it go open beta. TRUST ME U WILL LIKE IT and there NO GRIND in world of kung fu

     u can read my review in the world of kung fu forum

  • muggslabmuggslab Toronto, ONPosts: 9Member

    I already applied for CB... no mails from them yet

  • Frogs4DinnerFrogs4Dinner Omaha, NEPosts: 17Member

    In my opinion of Metin 2 I think it is a great game, but it should have worked for less hackers and opened up the 60+ part of the game before the Thanksgiving event that made nearly half the community around 50+ I also think the GMs needed to be more self invested in the success of the game, because has mentioned they were never on past 5:00 Eastern

    Also i believe the GMs just liked to ban ppl to make examples of so ppl wouldnt hack or share account otherwise they didnt do much else because I guess they though ppl would be afraid to cheat...

    I havent been to the forums/ game for about 3 weeks so maybe all this has changed...

     CB means closed beta

     

     

    KSEA

    KSEA players often seek out PVP in a game, but they are looking to socialize with and form alliances with other players who are interested in doing the same. They often seek out guilds or clans that organize formal PVP events, or work on group strategies and tactics.

    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 60.00%, Killer 80.00%, Socializer 66.67%

    image

  • muggslabmuggslab Toronto, ONPosts: 9Member

    [GM]Simon is corresponding with me now to resolve this matter.   I will not be take back the words I posted, since that action will prove that I have been uttering lies. Such image will thus contradict to my present and future posts here. 

    However, I will no longer pursue in this matter. I applaud [GM]Simon for his commitment to the company and the game. They are starting to have a ban list in the forum now. Thats a good start :)

  • Turtle1120Turtle1120 Cary, NCPosts: 21Member

    If you ever get your account back, will you ever play again? You might still be mad at [GM]Giada... But you shouldn't blame the entire Metin 2 Team. Maybe its just her who is taking care of the hackers. I'm sure the other GMs aren't like that...

    image

  • fate12fate12 New York City, NYPosts: 2Member

    You guys are confusing me. [GM]Giada is yellow GM, I saw her in the National War last week.

    Is Muggslab = Mug on the forum? I saw your post on the forum. I heard you was banned, because you posted hack website online.

    Anyways, I don't know what is the truth. I enjoy playing Metin2 with my friends now. Hope I will get some money for Xmas and New Year. Then I will buy some mall items hehe.

    P.S, you are rich Muggslab, $89.90 on item mall o.O      Maybe that's why you are expecting to get more service from Metin. It's still a free game, not world of warcraft. ^^

     

  • muggslabmuggslab Toronto, ONPosts: 9Member

    I have been hinted not to post any negative comments so that I will be able to get my account back.

    I've been blackmailed

  • K.o.v.eK.o.v.e Edmonton, ABPosts: 227Member

    Omg muggslab is Innoue!...

    ...Yet another yellow nation on these forums lol.

    image

  • muggslabmuggslab Toronto, ONPosts: 9Member

    yup yup ! the exiled innoue you mean :D

    I suppose my recent positive comment on Metin2 is not enough to earn my account back..

    What other positive comments can I write about them ?

    Like I said, the game is fun, community is competitive... the game has lots of potential...

    blah blah blah...

    Simon, are these enough to get my account back now ?

     

    P.S The GMs of Metin2 are monitoring these too..

  • hornet579hornet579 Somewhere in, LAPosts: 10Member

    I don't know if it was a coincidence, but i had attacked a big meteor thing called a Metin after another guy did, and i got abot 3/4 of the items that popped out  , but 10 seconds later after i did that, a GM said to NOT do that again or else my account would be suspended. So i guess ur having bad luck with the GM's, unless they've been watching over me like a hawk...

    <[__Crayola__]

  • K.o.v.eK.o.v.e Edmonton, ABPosts: 227Member

    Originally posted by hornet579


    I don't know if it was a coincidence, but i had attacked a big meteor thing called a Metin after another guy did, and i got abot 3/4 of the items that popped out  , but 10 seconds later after i did that, a GM said to NOT do that again or else my account would be suspended. So i guess ur having bad luck with the GM's, unless they've been watching over me like a hawk...
    I dont think I fully understand...

    What you did is called killstealing,,

    You attacked the metin and finished it off and got the rewards other then the other person who had been doing most of the work before you came.

    image

  • Turtle1120Turtle1120 Cary, NCPosts: 21Member

    It wouldn't be fair if you were working for 20 minutes on that metin, possibly using many pots, and someone comes and attacks the Metin. He puts hardly any effort because you have already killed over 3/4 of the metin and the killstealer gets all the drops. That isn't fair is it? I met a person today who was about to quit because someone had attacked her metin and it had already happened to her many times before.

    image

  • morphomorpho niwot, COPosts: 51Member

    Innoue.. come back :-P

    Anyways, the GM's have mostly patched and fixed the hacking problem. You would have to be a really good hacker to speed hack like they used to... ^^

    Innoue should come back and play :-P and join PaladinS again... cuz we are back.

     

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.