Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In Fairness this game is your standard mmorpg...

124»

Comments

• tapeworm00tapeworm00 Member Posts: 549

Originally posted by KOrnfan4evr

I will give credit that DAOC did start this whole cookie cutter franchise which, if i created the game, would be completely EGo boosting, and i give them full credit and wont reallly bash them for using their own damn idea lol. 

This is the basic standard of todays MMO's.  Im hoping that AOC and Darkfall will successfully break away from this, since its in my opinion that those have funner combat.

Indeed, I truly hope as well that some soon-to-be-released MMO breaks through our current models of gameplay. Still, I'm not expecting all of them to turn out that way. WAR's devs have stated that they have some innovative mechanics in place, but that they're not looking to start the MMO revolution, and with good reason, since a claim such as that is hard to accomplish in the end. Added to that, there's really few announced games out there which "promise" to break the mold. You can't just devaluate one before the other simply because they have different mechanics in place, some old, some new. (Warning: Bad-but-working analogy coming) It's like saying abstract paintings are superior to any works by the impressionists. They're doing different things, under different viewpoints, under different circumstances, and so on, but just because the earlier has more "advanced" thought in place, it doesn't mean the latter are just a bunch of worthless imitators of nature. People need to stop seeking "revolutions" where there aren't any to be found, not even in origin, and accept some things for what they are instead of blasting out with all these shitstorms about WoW copycat-ism and putting manifestos in the mouths of the developers. Just bloody stop, lol.

• lordsn0wlordsn0w Member Posts: 99
    Originally posted by strongaxe

sorry to break it too ya but WAR will be a grind for gear....instead of monsters you grind players.  War is like a blown up version of the WoW battleground AV.  Once you accomplish objectives it just restarts and you do it all over again.  Im not nocking that becuase alot of people like this type of game.  But lets all be honest ok?

I dont understand your basis on WAR being a gear grind? As I recall mythic has release zero information on the importance of gear nor the rewards of PVP besides exp and ''honor ponits'' ( cant seem to recall what mytic called atm). Having been a DAoC player since the begining and now on and off since ToA, gear was one of the downfalls of DAoC grinding for scrolls and arties to compete in now un-balanced pvp system really hurt the game. I can not see mythic following a gear heavy situation again, Aswell being an x-wow player and leaving due to the fact that I do not care for gear raiding nor pvp just to optain gear and I know that I am not the only wow player or x-wow player who feels that way. I could be wrong but I dont think gear will be the drive in the game. Go back to the darkfall forums and leave those of us that are looking forward to this game alone.

• DreadlichDreadlich Member UncommonPosts: 597

Agreed, post ToA was very gear-centric and ruined a fun PvP game by unbalancing everything. Between artifacts and MLs, the difference between equally skilled players was pushed way out of balance. Hopefully they learned their lesson and will not allow gear (no matter how hard it is to obtain) to play more than a minor role. Allow player skill and tactics to take center stage. Gear should be used to boost different playstyles by using different bonuses. Let it complement skill selection and tactics instead of dictating them.

MMOs Played: EQ 1&2, DAoC, SWG, Planetside, WoW, GW, CoX, DDO, EVE, Vanguard, TR
    Playing: WAR
    Awaiting 40k Online and wishing for Battletech Online

• mbm1980mbm1980 Member Posts: 6

I stopped playing the beta just before they closed it again, it's just another WoW wannabe so far.

For all those hoping for it to become good, I hope it happens for you but don't hold your breath.

• MrVicchioMrVicchio Member Posts: 598

Originally posted by mbm1980

I stopped playing the beta just before they closed it again, it's just another WoW wannabe so far.

For all those hoping for it to become good, I hope it happens for you but don't hold your breath.
    Yeah,

You are SOO right, we should all just quit now, cancel those pre-orders and go play...

What game do you follow?  I want to know because you obviously are hardcore in the know, very smart and astute.. well you broke the NDA so that means you aren't so smart...

And peopel dumb enough to do that for a zinger on a forum.... WAIT you aren't smart at all!

I think I'll stick with WAR and judge for myself, everything I have seen, read and heard says WAR is a fantasy MMO with a real deep IP and lore with a much needed RVR focus to make the game worth the time.

Always change your signature.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by miffywiffy

I played this RVR in DAOC and it was like WOW BG's to me but crap because DAOC's controls and UI are sooo dated, your character feels liek controlling a brick or something. Also DAOC's combat wasn't as fun as WOW's cause all you do is stand still and auto hit and that, atleast in WOW running about trying to miss the hits actually does something and requires more skill.

Well you pretty much betray your bias, and ignorance, right in that post. First of all, to say,

I played this RVR in DAOC and it was like WOW

Is to put the cart years before the horse. DAoC came *before* WoW. Not the other way around. I realize you like WoW more and feel it's more fun or whatever, but that doesn't change history. WoW's system would be reminiscent of DAoC's, not the other way around.

As for the rest of your post - all your personal opinion. There are people who feel the complete opposite.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by miffywiffy

They say all these features the Warhammer Developers what you've listed above but i bet when it's released they're all be abunch of lackluster ones that are in every mmorpg. It always happens....

Tbh the current format is aload of crap and every mmorpg down on that list are all the same. You may say Eve or Planetside are different but in the end they're not because EVE's grind is just for money and Planetside still has the level grind on PVP instead of PVE.

I really hope developers stop boring us with mediocre crap, the mmorpg genre is such a joke and the only one that has made a professional polished mmorpg is Blizzard so far.

Wow... So you basically bitch about the entire genre, how all these companies are doing the same thing, etc... But yet, WoW, which shares all those same elements in common with MMOs that came both before and after is somehow a "professional polished mmorpg".

You could have cut out all the other crap and just said "It's only a good MMO if Blizzard makes it"

One sentence and says just as much (or little, depending on how you look at it).

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• Xix13Xix13 Member Posts: 259

Did he just say EVE is the same as WoW?    Yikes!

-- Xix
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Why, oh WHY, didn't I take the BLUE pill?'"

• OpalekOpalek Member Posts: 104

"I stopped playing the beta just before they closed it again..."

ROFL

Oh, kid....boy....you made my day. Sure Sure !

Lying really is not your strength.

Guys: "In Fairness", this thread is incredible crap and was so from page one.

• TyfreakyTyfreaky Member Posts: 239

So you stopped playing a highly anticipated beta, that hundreds of thousands of people have applied for adn would sell there mothers to get nto.. right before it stopped?

I call Shenanigins.

• TyfreakyTyfreaky Member Posts: 239

*tired* Posted in the wrong thread. Sorry