Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will this game's rating ever improve?

MiexonMiexon Vendetta Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 181

Do you think this game will last long enough for it rating to ever improve? Have their been any updates to the game lately?

Member of the Phoenix Alliance Guild
in Vendetta Online
www.vendetta-online.com

Comments

• agh50agh50 Member Posts: 124

It has improved since release, but it still has major issues.  I first rated it a 3.8 when I took the survey.  I would say that honestly, it might rate about a 4.3 - 4.6 now (depending on the individual).

If it shows the same rate of improvement over the next year that it did this year, it *might* go so high as a 5.0 perhaps, but not much further unless there are some very major changes.

It's future is shakey (at best).  It's past has probably irreparably damaged it's future.  It does have a good player base at the moment, and seemingly defies the odds and refuses to die.

Until there is a resolution to the ongoing lawsuit, it remains in limbo.  If Pix wins his suit, the company and the game are done.  If he doesn't, then there are still no guarantees.

I am guessing that sometime early next year, it's fate will be decided one way or another.

In the meantime, it's free and it's worth experiencing a game world that large before it disappears.  Most likely we will never see one again that size.

• I would hardly think the suit Mr. _Pix_ has against them has anything to do with whether or not this game will make it.  Its already the best it can be. Whether Mr. _Pix_ wins or not. DNL is already a dead game. I would hardly think the general gaming public is that incredibly stupid and gullible to believe that simply because of a lawsuit that things will get better any time soon at all. 

Farlan simply needs to take this game down. Sell it to new owners, Work on it, bring it back under a different name and it MIGHT have a chance. Anything with DNL, SOG, Farlan or NPC involved the gaming industry just isnt going to go down that road again.

• agh50agh50 Member Posts: 124

Peep;

To a point I agree with you.  Farlan's past transgressions, and continuing problems have tainted the game; (perhaps beyond redemption).

However, It HAS made improvements over what it was.  Granted, those improvements are only about a third of what they should be, and also granted that they have taken well over a year to make improvements that *most* MMOs achieve in 3 months.

Still, it would be less than honest to say that *nothing* has changed.

I doubt seriously that Farlan will ever be able to overcome their negative image, (as you say), no matter what they may do--(and although positive changes have happened, they have happened at a snail's pace).

Still, the player base is rising since it is free to play.  The players are well aware of the limitations of the game, and generally are willing to work around them.

If Farlan loses the lawsuit, then all is mute:  the company is finished, and so is the game.  If it wins it *might* be able to sell out to another company without Farlan's stigma, and that company *might* be able to revamp the game to a MMORPG rating of around 5-6 or so.

If you are still able, I would urge you to see for yourself first hand, and then give your,  (updated),assessment.

But even in different hands, the UI, the character/armor models, the core game systems are still at DAoC levels; (which means 4 years behind the curve).  Not that that in itself is a death sentence.  I mean UO seems to have settled in at a profitable level even after nearly ten years on the market.

DnL, (no matter who owns it--even if it were M. Pourieux himself), will never be a front line MMO; that possibility was squandered a year ago.  But it may have a small niche audience of subscribers which *might* keep it going.  A lot has to happen in order for that to happen, but it is a possibility.

I contend that the jury is still out.  We will see.

• ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

I think eleventy billion people gave it a goose egg rating.  Also, for the record this game broke my heart once upon a time.

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

No, it's done for.

This is the perfect example of a sick engine getting into the hands of the wrong developers. IMO do what was mentioned above and sell it. Either that or take a few years to fix it and re-release it themselves.

• dA_fReAKdA_fReAK Member Posts: 384

Once a game fails, theres no come back. Sad reality. Thats why a finished product is a MUST.