Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

move using arrow keys..screenshots make the graphics look bad

FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

you move around using the arrows or u can use the mouse..it isnt one of those old 2d games,the graphics are GOOD but 2D. and it's getting updated all the time(btw it's the wishrealm server i am talking about www.wishrealm.com ,its free right now but is supposed to be $5 a month later,u register for 7-day free trials when ever u want,one 7day free trial a day so they stack up and u can have all the free days u want by the time its p2p but its just as cheap as runescape and doesnt suck as bad. and HOW THE can people say the graphics are bad when millions play runescape and those graphics are WAY worse..not to mention maplestory,Eternal Lands n all that crap..so give it a try and pm me in the game(type /tell Eraves {message here}) and ill help u out..quests power lvls ,a little gold to help u start out,anything.

Comments

• SenretsuSenretsu Member Posts: 63

Originally posted by Feverfew

you move around using the arrows or u can use the mouse..it isnt one of those old 2d games,the graphics are GOOD but 2D. and it's getting updated all the time(btw it's the wishrealm server i am talking about www.wishrealm.com ,its free right now but is supposed to be $5 a month later,u register for 7-day free trials when ever u want,one 7day free trial a day so they stack up and u can have all the free days u want by the time its p2p but its just as cheap as runescape and doesnt suck as bad. and HOW THE can people say the graphics are bad when millions play runescape and those graphics are WAY worse..not to mention maplestory,Eternal Lands n all that crap..so give it a try and pm me in the game(type /tell Eraves {message here}) and ill help u out..quests power lvls ,a little gold to help u start out,anything.
    Maplestory actually has pretty good pixel art, and Runescape is severely underappreciated. The entire game is made using JAVA. That's like a MMO built in Flash or Shockwave. Give it some credit, For something that runs straight outta your web browser it's quite top-notch. I'd be hard pressed to even name a Browser-Based MMO with graphics or an expansive system  (Including Crafting, Archery, Swordsmanship, Magic and Mining) comparable to Runescape.

The graphics are OK for an independant developer, I used to play Aspereta and it was impressive back then 'cause I imagine Crazy Monkey is pretty understaffed or just lacking good talent or funds, but that was back in 2003, it's 2007 now and the graphics haven't improved too much, I'm pretty sure I can make better even. (And don't underestimate me, I'm quite good at Pixel Art myself)

Again, I haven't played since Aspereta, so I can't really comment on how the games holding up today. But from what I remember the economy is pretty fucked (Took me a week to get a decent sword) and the community is both very friendly and very malicious at times, I met alot of friends but I also remember being exit-blocked in empty houses and PK'd by high-level troll's when I was just a newb.

Also, they plan on keeping at least one free server open so I don't think registering for a ton of free trials is necessary. And I don't find the point in restarting your account every week just to keep playing a poor game like Illutia, If your that desperate you might as well go play GoonZu or Perfect World or even Maplestory.

I've said my piece.

I am a connoisseur of fine wine and fine pixels

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

i didn't mention runescape's gameplay i was simply saying that graphics aren't the only thing that count,and runescape's graphics are the worst ive ever seen

and wishrealm is p2p it's just free for now..d3m%a$%

• ZodiaxZodiax Member Posts: 46

*Please any mod delete this post thanks*