Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is wow good or bad...

2»

Comments

• irisyirisy Member Posts: 2

Lawlcookeez.

• irisyirisy Member Posts: 2

Lawlcookeez.

• SeNsaToR1337SeNsaToR1337 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by mmonkey

Originally posted by SeNsaToR1337

I'm pretty sure once you get all there is to get on WoW there is nothing to do afterwards. Both PvP and PvE is dull and repetative and the only reason you do them is to gear up your toon. It's really not worth it. Play something free atleast so you don't get robbed of your money, put it into a bank or something instead.

How can you say that? You have an obscene amount of time played in WoW. Obviously it was good enough to keep you (and millions more) playing the game.

I can understand if you got burned out. I played a fraction of the amount that you did and eventually got burned out. But c'mon. The game didn't make you spend that time and money. You did.

The OP wants to know if its good or bad. The real answer is that its a very  polished game tha's easy to get into. It's solo friendly, which is both good and bad, but ultimately most people have fun playing to the max level.

OP, Whether you like the end-game is something only you can answer. To each his own. Just don't become another cliched WoW hater who neglected their RL for their WoW life and hate Blizzard for making a game that they loved (past tense).

That's the funny thing dude. WoW encourages requires someone to neglect RL in order to even to begin to enjoy it. You have to sit down for 4-5 hours for a raid run in order to get gear. You have to play atleast 10 hours a day to PvP. It's for hardcore or no life gamers, I have yet to see one casual gamer reach level 70 and enjoy the game.

P.S. Only reason I kept playing was I fell into my friend's trap of saying "Cmon man you're our only Warlock, we need you man!" I never actually enjoyed WoW, if something good happened it wasn't worth the frustration to get there. WoW will consume your life, if you are casual it WILL turn you hardcore.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Originally posted by jason_webb

Originally posted by Heokin

WoW is a game for anybody still in thier teens.  The community is immature and rather unhelpful..

Lastly, Thillian, if you think that Britney Spears is the most popular singer in the world at the moment you obviousley haven't been reading the news lately.

At the end of the day guys, this whole question of whether WoW is the best or not is all down to a point of view as to those that play and love it, it is, but to those that don't play it or have played it to death it isn't. It's all a pretty pointless argument really!

Hah yeh, I havent been checking the music news. I am no interested in it, but I hope you got the point.

REALITY CHECK

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

That's the funny thing dude. WoW encourages requires someone to neglect RL in order to even to begin to enjoy it. You have to sit down for 4-5 hours for a raid run in order to get gear. You have to play atleast 10 hours a day to PvP. It's for hardcore or no life gamers, I have yet to see one casual gamer reach level 70 and enjoy the game.
    P.S. Only reason I kept playing was I fell into my friend's trap of saying "Cmon man you're our only Warlock, we need you man!" I never actually enjoyed WoW, if something good happened it wasn't worth the frustration to get there. WoW will consume your life, if you are casual it WILL turn you hardcore.
    10 hours a day to PvP? U only "have to" play 10 arena fights / week to get points. BG stuff is another story ofc. Get a premade and farm honor on BG weekends. No 10 hours a day needed tbh.

Agreed on raids tho. 40man was a hassle, its abit better now tho but I still dont understand how ppl can sit 5 hours strait playing the same damn instance they've played for months n months...

• fantarosfantaros Member Posts: 394

*resisting urge to flame*

wow is a bad game. LOLROFLCOPPTERSKATES

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

That's the funny thing dude. WoW requires someone to neglect RL in order to even to begin to enjoy it. You have to sit down for 4-5 hours for a raid run in order to get gear. You have to play atleast 10 hours a day to PvP. It's for hardcore or no life gamers, I have yet to see one casual gamer reach level 70 and enjoy the game.

Sorry, i totally disagree with you on that point as a whole;

1 - No game 'Requires' anything of you, you put as much time in as the rest of your life allows, not the other way around. I am not that much into raiding or dungeon running and i only PvP when i feel like it.

2 - It is far from a hardcore only game, i have been with the game since release and have L70 chars, but i still enjoy the game a lot despite being as far from 'hardcore' as you can get.

As i have said before, play the game if you enjoy it, but if you find that you are not or it has become a chore that is the cue to leave.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.